Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Character
    Kiimara
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatias View Post
    Would like to inform everyone that the guide is approaching its maximum character limit. I should have reserved a post under it for more additions; I didn't expect it to be this big. inb4thatswatshesaid

I have a feeling people needing macro advice will read through the thread, so this isn't a huge deal. I just wanted to tell some of you why all of your good ideas aren't in the OP. ^^
    You could always make more posts here in the thread and put links to the pages in here in the first post !
    (0)

Sig by Kingfury!
    (jobs in order) SMN90, BST90, WHM90, BLM90, DNC90, THF 90

2. 08-27-2011 12:52 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Chuwei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    you should see if you can include that changing gear in the ammo slot will not make you lose TP, only if you change gear in the main, sub, or ranged weapon slot

I never knew that changing the ammo slot only wouldn't lose TP for the longest time, now I'm because I can use charis feather or thew bomblet for WS while still swapping to plectrum for waltzes and fenrir's stone for evasion, etc. (I'm slow, I know.)
    (2)

ummm what did I say to get that post deleted ^^;; i'm pretty sure I was just agreeing with the post above me. ^.^;;
    (0)

Hey just keeping this on page 1 Good luck with it
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuchuroon View Post
    you should see if you can include that changing gear in the ammo slot will not make you lose TP, only if you change gear in the main, sub, or ranged weapon slot

I never knew that changing the ammo slot only wouldn't lose TP for the longest time, now I'm because I can use charis feather or thew bomblet for WS while still swapping to plectrum for waltzes and fenrir's stone for evasion, etc. (I'm slow, I know.)
    I knew this since cop when my bf Leveled rng. People would switch to those 1 time arrows for ws in combo with that ability for no ammo used. As well as him playing thf and switch the bolts. I woulda put it if I remembered it. But ty for the reminder ^^
    (0)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimara View Post
    You could always make more posts here in the thread and put links to the pages in here in the first post !
    Ooh, I think I will at that. Thanks ^^
    (0)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Other useful tips & macro tricks

Misc. Macros not related to equip change
    •Use /echo! I can't tell you how many times I have blacklisted a party member for spamming party chat up with frequent "talking" macros. You summoners are the worst. Keep that ritual chanting inside your own log, please! I don't understand, my SMN is only lvl2.
    ~You know I love you guys, I merely jest ;P~

Echo Example:
    Provoke
    /ja Provoke <t>
    /wait 30
    /echo Provoke's ready!

Using echo allows you to put text into your own log, no one else's. This is convenient for frequently-used macros and useful for seeing when your job ability is ready for use again.
    •Ever try to buff your party all at once to save MP (and time), but they scatter in a way so infuriating that you can't tag them all from any given position? Fear no more with this macro!
    Buffga
    /p {Gather Together.} {Protectra} & {Shellra}
    /target <st>
    /ma "Shellra V" <me>
    /wait 8
    /ma "Protectra IV" <me>

As long as your party can read, they should gather to you for their buffs. The <st> is so that you can wait until you see your party around you before actually casting the first spell.

•Pet jobs have the choice of several different pets. Summoners in particular might find this macro attractive as it allows you to put several different pet abilities in the same macro, saving other macro space.
    RagePact
    /pet "Predator Claws" <t>
    /pet "Rush" <t>
    /pet "Chaotic Strike" <t>

Just add the most damaging of the abilities into this macro (one for each pet) so that no matter which companion you have out, it will attack with its most effective pact.
    --Reserved for more--
    (0)

Character
    Gokulo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Why the /target <st> in the buff macro?
    (0)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Why the /target <st> in the buff macro?
    It's explained in the text under it.

You can have the blue arrow over yourself and wait till your party is together, then click confirm once they are.
    (0)

Character
    Gokulo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Ah sorry, saw the macro itself and responded too fast
    (0)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast