Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aver View Post
    Even worse, I'm using Win7-64. Good luck trying to get an unsigned driver running there.

Same problem I had trying to get my dualshock3 recognized/running.
    MotionInJoy purchased driver signatures (even though it wasnt hard to get working before hand) Ive been using Dualshock 3 with motioninjoy drivers for win7 64bit for well over a year now, and I've been using the signed version for about a month
    (1)

Character
    Kiimara
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Last few posts made me lol hard XD. <3 u guys...
    (0)

Sig by Kingfury!
    (jobs in order) SMN90, BST90, WHM90, BLM90, DNC90, THF 90

I would suggest to clean the guide up a bit to make it easier to understand and remove the spoilers. Also had videos to SHOW gear swaping AND that other macro targeting s9o those can see it actually works. Actions speak louder then words. If you can edit the title, If you wanna help try to be less condencending.

Some of the replies though are pretty rude if not false. And some make my wonder why people take this game super seriously.

Pro tip: if you wanna make a guide, understand what the guide is for, who the guide is for. And for what type of product. Game guides should be a fun read. Not electronic instrustions, like the old joke comment of vcrs.

to be honest I never did any of this stuff mentioned hear, and I never had a problem. Typically as dnc I out cure the whms/ healers in the party. It really is all about fast reflexes but also lag can play a role.

Also there is a difference between being "good" and over complicating things.

Anyway as I stated decent guide. Thank for writing it.
    (0)

4. 08-26-2011 01:04 AM
    Reason
    Forum Rule Violation

Player
    Yes, which is why we should just ignore her and carry on in the hopes that she'll go away or at least take the drama to another thread so this one can continue being productive.
    (6)

6. 08-26-2011 01:09 AM
    Reason
    Forum Rule Violation

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aver View Post
    If you're slacking off on your cures that the amount of time it takes to push the up/down arrows to target the person causes them to die, a job with access to restorative magic is not for you.
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about? People die instantly, it isn't like there's a timer that counts down from 10 when they hit 0 hp before they die. If their HP is 0 then they are dead and you can no longer cure them. Anything at all, including using up/down arrows, that slows your cures down can cause people to die. Controller is garbage and always will be when compared to keybinds.
    (1)

Player
    So your solution is what, to just not cure anyone in the alliance who isn't in your immediate party?
    (2)

Character
    Kiimara
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieGibson View Post
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about? People die instantly, it isn't like there's a timer that counts down from 10 when they hit 0 hp before they die. If their HP is 0 then they are dead and you can no longer cure them. Anything at all, including using up/down arrows, that slows your cures down can cause people to die. Controller is garbage and always will be when compared to keybinds.
    I love controller personally, I can't imagine going back to keyboard. After you use a controller long enough you become really fast with it. I've never had a problem curing with stal. I'm not saying one is superior to the other I am just particular to controller. If I ever were to come across a problem where I couldn't even scroll fast enough, I would macro their name. Fixed!
    (4)

Sig by Kingfury!
    (jobs in order) SMN90, BST90, WHM90, BLM90, DNC90, THF 90

eh.. if you're paying attention, you will be already targetting the people that are taking a beating in the first place, and tossing you're cures before they are in danger of hitting 0. But.. that's a whole different issue outside of what ST tag you are using.

As for getting controllers to work...I've been using my PS2 controller via a USB converter I found in Walmart years ago. Has multiple ports on it--PS, XB, Gamecube, and 2 USB. Can probly still nab them on ebay, newegg, etc.--might even be one that takes a 360 controller, IDK.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Keeping people capped not just when they take enough dmg to use a cure 6 helps too. Cure 4 aslong as you not spaming it is enough to top off someone with out wasting your oh sh*t timers on cure 5 and 6. Knowing when and what spell to use is just as important as not lossing target. Really there more then 2 cure spells in the game whm can use.
    (2)

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieGibson View Post
    Sup, WHM since late 03 chiming in. Yeah, I have every idea what I'm talking about, since I've done it all from ground HNMs all the way to lolAbyssea and everything in between.

So I second my previous post. If you're slacking in your curing, gtfo whm. I don't want to see you on it.

(Yes, I know people get one-shotted and lag spikes happen. That IS beyond your control. Everything else is not. Stop eating your cheese sandwich and focus.)
    (15)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast