Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rdm Fixes

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Swapping a staff for Absorb-TP seems kind of counter-intuitive if you're also subbing DRK for melee purposes. As a purely caster sub, it's relatively weak compared to /SCH, only really granting Stun for meaningful utility. However, that can also be obtained by /BLM now, which also brings Sleepga.

As is, Absorb-TP is coded to yoink half of a mob's available TP unless you're a DRK with gear to boost it, and then there might be some variance if weaknesses are in play. To take 90 from the tiger would've meant it had somewhere around 180 at the time, and it could've WSed if the game decided it wanted to. Obviously mis-timing the spell can make it suck, and like other magic, it suffers from resist rates in a skill that's not our best. I find it doubtful it never actually WSed if you were duoing, even if your partner was a NIN, as the sub-25% likely wouldn't go slow enough to allow multiple casts unless you were deliberately stalling.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seriha; 04-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm not even going to debate Seriha because her posts almost always ring true to me.

Dark Magic always seems to only be affected by your dark magic skill and the element affinity of the mob. Anticans and Bats aren't optimal for Drain or Aspir.

I won't boast that I use Dark magic as well as a DRK, because I don't. I will say that i find it useful enough to enjoy /DRK over /WAR, when i'm meleeing. I don't use staffs but I macro as much Dark Magic gear as I can. If i didn't my Dark magic would have dropped off a while ago.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3