I'm a noob, and i'd like to know.
    (1)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Because instead of paying SE directly, they thought it would be better to use real money to pay a 3rd party to buy fake currency to pay SE.
    (6)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    To kick all the non-Japanese off the game.

SE are racists!
    (9)

I guess they just picked it cause they gave them the best deal, was done as quickly and with as little thought as possible. They made sure to give JP playerbase the best options they could of course. When FFXIV was getting a bad reception they blamed the western players for it which showed how they felt about non-jp players as a company. Maybe these horrible payment options are kind of a punishment for what they see as western players ruining the rep of FFXIV.
    (4)
    Last edited by Runespider; 08-06-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Maybe these horrible payment options are kind of a punishment for what they see as western players ruining the rep of FFXIV.
    FFXIV ruined the reputation of FFXIV
    (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

the REAL reason, is they are phasing out playonline. This means they are getting rid of the use of it. Playonline will only be used as a launcher by september. SE choose C&B through a corprate decision. Playonline was a third party way for the non japanese to pay for ffxiv. Since japanese use different currency we really can not pay them directly due to the exchange rate, and possibly large fees to switch our currency into theirs. This is why japanese can pay SE directly. And in be for you name companies like blizzard, most mmo are seperated by region. And We pay the division of said company. Like european players pay blizzards european division ect. What you guys should understand, is SE did not forsee that we the players would have issues. Our issues are out of the hands of SE and it is the issue of your bank or credit union or credit card company verses click and buy. As well as click and buy verses your region. SE did inform the community reps that they are looking into better options.
    (2)

SE said they used click and buy because they wanted an external company with higher security to hold our financial infomation as it's more secure.

The real reason they want another company to hold our financial infomation is because they don't want to be held responsible if it's hacked and our financial infomation is taken.

Blame PSN.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    SE said they used click and buy because they wanted an external company with higher security to hold our financial infomation as it's more secure.

The real reason they want another company to hold our financial infomation is because they don't want to be held responsible if it's hacked and our financial infomation is taken.

Blame PSN.
    Once the transfer is done our POL friendlist will be removed.
    (0)

I'm a bit confused with the friend list thing... they're actually removing the friend list? ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    It's just friends list plus, from what I've surmised.

Se's usual vague wording is vague.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast