Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Things I hate:
    1. There not being a centralized location to view all unlocked cutscenes in the game
    2. The Jungles (Yhoator & Yuthunga)
    3. The Blocking of progress due to certain aspects of the playerbase making it necessary to impede progress for other players (looking at you Spark farmer gil sellers)

Love:
    1. The people I play / played and helped along the way
    2. The Chains of Promathia storyline, it was Epic and it really felt like you accomplished something when you finished
    3. The job system, You aren't locked into playing a single job all the time on the same character.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I just want to see debuffs and their durations on mobs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Things I hate:
    1. There not being a centralized location to view all unlocked cutscenes in the game
    I always hated that too, but I think the cutscenes are all tied to their specific zones. That's why you see Goblin Footprints in nearly every zone. I had to take matters into my own hands and just record the cutscenes. If you want, you can see the full cutscenes for any mission line on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Thrifty032781/playlists
    (1)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    LOVE

1) Monstrosity: My name was inspired by this system. Being able to play as monsters was innovative for an MMO. Many MMO have costume changing into creatures, but not a full-on system dedicated to monsters. Such as shame Monstrosity has not been incorporated into XI's main mechanics like grouping, dungeons, campaign, chilling in cities, etc. Not like it would utilize many resources, beyond time. Sizes already dictate what monsters can enter what areas........How neat would it be to play as a Mon grouping with newbies in the dunes under lvl sync lol? Or doing dated stuff like Delve as a 119 MON with a group?

2) Open World: One reason why XI is the superior FF experience compared to XIV is how alive the "Open" world feels.

-There are campaign battles occurring as you wander through WotG zones.
    -Some NMs Evolve
    -Dangerous mobs lurking, as you duck into a safe area until they pass.
    -Legendary mobs spawning which is still a "WoW moment"
    -Prisoners captured during besieged appearing in holding cells of strongholds.

I can go on....

3) Abyssea: I liked everything about this content, save the lvl cap increase. From my experience, this was perhaps the only time were job discrimination was not a thing for current group content. Abyssea made you feel like a superhero, with Atma. For example, it made O.G Sange & Magic builds a serious option for NIN (One shotting exp mobs).

HATE

1) Final Fantasy XI's Current Direction: I am a fan of Monstrosity, Campaign Battles, Besieged, etc.....Not a fan of updated content being exclusive to voracious resurgence or Ambuscade.

2) Instanced Content: BCNM were cool early in XI's life, but XI has since took a XIV approach, were instanced took priority.... Notably in SoA

3) Beastmaster: BST suffered due to the shift to instance content. Charm was a thing of the past; a mechanic which made many pet class enthusiast love BST. Also, BST had smaller pool of creatures to use due to the nature of pets being assigned by the devs instead of charming them in the open world.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5