Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I'm sorry i'll never be as good as a player as you Pchan. You are the best there ever will be. Please teach me more.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Guys, don't use perfect counter because 1-3 delay-free hits with +20 DMG on them (AF3+2 hat) hurts damage. (This argument will only hold under Marches+Samba)
    (0)

Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please for the love of Altana, make it a static boost. I'm a crafter and a synergist and I want no more to do with random stats...

Give us static stats so we can then choose which pieces to upgrade and keeping them storable is key. I have 9 jobs at 90 and am working on a 10th for fun.

I'm just not really sure if relic is worth upgrading. It's all so situational now. I realise that multiple routes to improved stats is no bad thing but honestly EAF has pushed most pieces back into storage or the occasional macro slot.

Put it this way, I have two +1 relic pieces completed and the ability to +1 4 more. Those -1 pieces have sat in storage for years... because they're not really worth bothering with. I might upgrade my Cleric's mitts... but I have the Cleric's Pantaloons +1 and the Sorceror's Tonban +1 done and that's it. I could be 4/5 on +1 Cleric's gear and I love dynamis but its not worth the cost because I won't use it...

The problem with upgrading the relic, even from +2 is that the base pieces are in many cases completely obsolete and if you follow the same lines as you have in the past, won't be improved by boosting existing or even close stats to a point where they will compete with something else. Let me run though the WHM set as an example...

Cleric's Cap +1
    DEF: 25 MP +25 VIT +5 Enmity -5
    Enhances "Resist Silence" effect
    Lv. 75 WHM

If you +2'd this you would see a rise in defence, some more MP to say 30-35, perhaps some more VIT, you'd expect another -1 or -1 ENM and possibly the addition of another stat, for example MND.You have room to add another Enhancing ability but honestly the EAF +2 is godly, why would you ever use a Cleric's Cap +2? It would have to be very specific or some godly set bonus because no one is going to keep this on otherwise.

Cleric's Briault +1
    DEF: 43 MP +29 Enmity -3
    Adds "Refresh" effect
    Enhances potency of "Regen"
    Lv. 75 WHM

With this, its a macro and idling piece at best. More MP isn't going to help, more -ENM is nice but you only cast regen in it. You could add another tic of refresh to it but not many people have this piece right now so CoP dynamis will have to be slightly more accessible (I'm assuming its going the same way as the others) to make this an alternative to the hundred other free/cheap pieces which you can idle in. You could improve the potency of regen I guess and add something else.

Cleric's Mitts +1
    DEF: 17 HP +20 MP +20
    Enfeebling magic skill +15
    Enmity -4
    Enhances potency of
    "Banish" vs. undead
    Lv. 75 WHM

More HP/MP - meh. Add more bloody skill! Or Macc. You could add MND to these and make them godly. EAF+2 hands are situational, as are these. Another -ENM maybe but again they're a macro piece.

Cleric's Pantaloons +1
    DEF: 32 MP +17
    Healing magic skill +15 Enmity -3
    Elemental resistance spells +22
    Lv. 75 WHM

The best piece of the set and buffing these would be useful. More MP I don't care about. Healing magic skill would be awesome, if it did anything useful... more -ENM - meh. Elemental resistance spells bonus - {Yes Please}. Hell add Enhancing magic skill or MDB to them...

Cleric's Duckbills +1
    DEF: 16 MP +18 MND +6
    Enhancing magic skill +10
    Enmity -2

I was confused as to why SE made a pair of shoes (EAF+1 and 2) which so directly overwhelm these in the first place. Unless you give them something unique they will never get used...

So unless you're considering going in a new direction with relic, I don't think it's worth +2ing it.
    (0)
    http://eldelphia.wordpress.com

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    First it's +10 DMG (+1 weapon rank as proved by myself) not +20, secondly you don't use perfect counter when you DD so with march or no march makes absolutely NO sense.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Akkarinn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Static, yes please. inb4 make it static for Salvage gear too please!
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camosan View Post
    Static, yes please. inb4 make it static for Salvage gear too please!
    I will be very, very mad if they don't make salvage upgrades similar to relic weapon/mythic weapon upgrades through ToM.
    I.E. new stats per 5 levels, up to 99. Salvage is one of the events that I actually have fun in, besides Abyssea. Sure the drop rates make it a grind, but it's really enjoyable most of the time (until, I'm sure, that 489589'th run where Usu body 35 still doesn't drop)
    (0)

The differene between English forum and Japanese forum about this issue

Dear Kamate,

I'm Japanese, and usually read and write in Japanese forum.
    Off course, there is same vote in Japanese forum.
    However, I found that there is a serious different exists in these forums.

Mocchi, the Japanese forum's community rep, said that this sentence as follows before question:
    "For first, please leave about Synergy aside for this vote, because we'll consider whether we adopt Synergy for enhancing relic gears or not, based on the result of this vote and feedbacks."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/12411 #130

In English forum, Kamate said that "Please let us know if you prefer static stats or random stats when adding your stats via synergy."

In a word, In Japanese forum, users are asked "Which do you like [Static Stats] or [Randam Stats]?", on the other hand in English forum users are asked "Which do you like [Static stats via Sinergy] or [Randam Stats via Sinergy]?".

It is great difference.

I think most of user prefer [Static Status without Sinergy], and some of user [Randam Stats without Sinergy], and very few of user like [Static Stats with Sinergy] and [Randam Stats with Sinergy].

Kamate, could you kindly confirm this difference, and if you can, correct the question and ask again?
    I guess it is better for English speaking user that [leave about Synergy aside] question.

And if Kamate's question is right... SE tried to {Trick Attack} to Japaneser users to introduce Synergy by force ><.
    (8)
    Last edited by Sakura317; 08-15-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Misspell, reric -> relic
    FF11ブログつくってみました。
    「吾輩はミスラである」
    http://lukang.blog-mmo.com

食べログにレビューを載せ始めました。
    「タルタルイーターの六本木ランチガイド」
    http://u.tabelog.com/tarutarueater/

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    First it's +10 DMG (+1 weapon rank as proved by myself) not +20, secondly you don't use perfect counter when you DD so with march or no march makes absolutely NO sense.
    If you're not tanking when you DD, you suck. Seriously, suck. The only way you shouldn't be taking hits is outside Abyssea where PLD NEEDS to keep hate to insure success, or when you are playing with a WAR using Retaliation and taking the hits w/ a good WHM to back him up.

About march: 1 round would take 4.1 seconds, so when using that 2 second Perfect Counter, you're actually getting more attacks out of your time than you would with auto attack, without march or haste.

With march, haste, and samba, though, you are doing 1 round per 1.16 seconds, and is the situation where Perfect Counter would actually lower your DPS.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 08-15-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura317 View Post
    Dear Kamate,

I'm Japanese, and usually read and write in Japanese forum.
    Off course, there is same vote in Japanese forum.
    However, I found that there is a serious different exists in these forums.

Mocchi, the Japanese forum's community rep, said that this sentence as follows before question:
    "For first, please leave about Synergy aside for this vote, because we'll consider whether we adopt Synergy for enhancing reric gears or not, based on the result of this vote and feedbacks."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/12411 #130

In English forum, Kamate said that "Please let us know if you prefer static stats or random stats when adding your stats via synergy."

In a word, In Japanese forum, users are asked "Which do you like [Static Stats] or [Randam Stats]?", on the other hand in English forum users are asked "Which do you like [Static stats via Sinergy] or [Randam Stats via Sinergy]?".

It is great difference.

I think most of user prefer [Static Status without Sinergy], and some of user [Randam Stats without Sinergy], and very few of user like [Static Stats with Sinergy] and [Randam Stats with Sinergy].

Kamate, could you kindly confirm this difference, and if you can, correct the question and ask again?
    I guess it is better for English speaking user that [leave about Synergy aside] question.

And if Kamate's question is right... SE tried to {Trick Attack} to Japaneser users to introduce Synergy by force ><.
    This is glorious!
    Thank you very much Sakura317, your appearance is welcomed with open arms, and appreciated.

I'm very glad there's people like you that are able to read both forums and keep things level and equal.

Thank you.
    (3)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Can you enlighten us on the relation between PC usage and double march, please, I'm intersted, and after that I will teach you how to make a macro.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast