Subtle Hints for Rdm buffs.

3 things I found interesting in part 3 of the scholar manifesto that could easily be dual intended for Rdm as well
    Make it possible to use Cure V.
    In regards to support capability, we’re thinking more in the direction of adjustments that will differ from white mage.

Instead of just simply adding a high-tier Cure, we’re looking into making it so scholars can raise their performance further by enhancing the effects of stratagem use and regen-type magic. However, this doesn’t mean that we won’t be adding a high-tier Cure later down the line.
    Looks like they might actually be considering alternative methods for curing besides the derp curebomb. Looks like Scholars may be getting more powerful regen spells. Wonder if they have another type of cure for Rdm as well

Add spells that decrease an enemy’s evasion and TP gain.
    We are planning to add a higher tier Gravity as a spell to reduce an enemy’s evasion. We will also be looking into spells that give the effect of subtle blow.
    I'd be VERY surprised if Scholar got this "higher tier Gravity" and Rdm didn't (or if cholar got it at all), and I can only hope that "subtle blow" spell is also our solution to actually enfeebling a monsters TP attacks.
    Add sphere-type spells.
    For sphere effects, there would be no way of handling the opposite enfeebling effects, such as Slow versus Haste effects. This makes it an extremely powerful spell, so from a balance perspective it will not be easy to do.

Well that's somewhat understandable though you'd think that they could just make the "haste" have a natural low priority where it would get overridden by ALL forms of slow and it can't apply itself with any form of slow effect on.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, I saw that and kinda thought on it a little. Since Sphere seems to be what they're calling auras, that particular tidbit of news seems to be shooting down the concept in general, at least in terms of RDMs functioning like Favor'd avatars or mantelets. In theory we could achieve similar AoE buffing by mimicking Spirit Link/Empathy through a JA that transfers applicable buffs to everyone within a given a radius, but the obvious downside for the melee camp is that in being more of a one-shot, it delegates it to more of a backline tool or Accession+1.

Regardless, would be nice if we could get some info on more than just SCH, DRK, or PUP.
    (0)

I think those 3 are mainly getting the info because those are the jobs they are likely going to add the most to next update.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm in reluctant agreement. Though, the sluggish pace SE's applied to job attention over the years has always been one of my gripes. Seems to be 2-3 tops where anything "major" is concerned, and "major" can easily be "minor" to the players if it doesn't pander to popular play styles.
    (0)

Player
    SCH will probably get Gravity II via Addendums just like they get Gravity I. We'll probably get Cure 5 next patch. SE made a point to say that SCH wont get Cure 5 right away probably because SCH learns Cure spells AFTER RDM does.

For example.... if the level cap was 50, RDM would have cure IV but not SCH and PLD. But once the level cap were to hit 55, PLD and SCH learn Cure IV at 55. So translate that to Cure V and it's the same thing. So 91-95 will probably be RDM getting Cure 5 then 96-99 will be SCH and PLD getting cure 5.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-04-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Player
    I find it odd that they would give Scholar Gravity II when Scholar doesn't even get Gravity natively. Really weird and out of character for the way all the jobs have been designed up to this point.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    There was a lot in that Scholar part 3 thread that didn't make any sense - mistranslations for one, and I'm guessing oddly worded or misplaced notes on Gravity II and Auspice II. SCH is my favorite job to play, but even I would wtf if SCh got Gravity II natively, addendum or not. Unless Gravity is also added to Addendum black it would be the first time a job got a second tier of a spell without the first tier.

My guess is if they are actually talking about Gravity II (weight and evasion down) , either RDM will get it only, or RDM will get it first and SCH will get it and Gravity via addendum.

However, I think the reference to Gravity was too literal. I'm actually thinking they're going to add a simple evasion down spell to SCH, without the weight effect.

I agree with Ophannus on Cure V. SCH gets nukes before RDM and cures after. If it is added to both jobs I expect the Regen helix 91-95, then Cure V 96-99.
    (0)