Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Someone called for more paladin reinforcements. This business just got serious!
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    You guys know that you don't HAVE to use Click'n Cry. That crysta system is useful actually. Spend 20 bucks on a game card at the local gas station, pay for account here... I'm sure it's been said before, but the crysta system is perfectly fine.
    Not all regions have access to it though. I myself can't buy those game cards here. I haven't been able to find a store that carries them.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    You guys know that you don't HAVE to use Click'n Cry. That crysta system is useful actually. Spend 20 bucks on a game card at the local gas station, pay for account here... I'm sure it's been said before, but the crysta system is perfectly fine.
    Actually, it would be $21.20 here because of local taxes (6%). Someone else posted a 9.5% taxation in their area. Just saying...buying cards will always mean you overspend in comparison to directbill via credit card.

Which is the REAL issue people are upset about...being FORCED out of using the optimal solution for many with NO explanation for why they have kept it for one specific region.
    (4)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tolby
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    For those wanting a reason as to why this is happening, I'll offer up a logical one but don't take it as fact cause its just my guess from a business perspective.

Thinking about it, the recent sony hacks should be fresh on everyones mind still. Even more so for businesses like sqaure enix. I'm sure they deal with hacks all the times. There is no better way to protect a customers information such as credit card numbers other than simply not having it. They are trying to force third partys so they can avoid being held accountable for your creditcard/debitcard information and security. Sony recently hired a ton of ppl and have paid alot of money to beef up their security and offer special services to customers after the hack. SE is just trying to make sure that situation can't happen to them, and its now at your expense and frustration. Think about it for a minute, why are they just now of all times suddenly not wanting to hold your card information and forcing the third party? The timing and situation is all too suspicious, especially since they dont give us any feedback as to why this is happening.

Remember, this is not fact, just a logical guess... I couldnt think of any other reason for suddenly changing a 8 year old billing plan randomly out of the blue.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolby View Post
    For those wanting a reason as to why this is happening, I'll offer up a logical one but don't take it as fact cause its just my guess from a business perspective.

Thinking about it, the recent sony hacks should be fresh on everyones mind still. Even more so for businesses like sqaure enix. I'm sure they deal with hacks all the times. There is no better way to protect a customers information such as credit card numbers other than simply not having it. They are trying to force third partys so they can avoid being held accountable for your creditcard/debitcard information and security. Sony recently hired a ton of ppl and have paid alot of money to beef up their security and offer special services to customers after the hack. SE is just trying to make sure that situation can't happen to them, and its now at your expense and frustration. Think about it for a minute, why are they just now of all times suddenly not wanting to hold your card information and forcing the third party? The timing and situation is all too suspicious, especially since they dont give us any feedback as to why this is happening.

Remember, this is not fact, just a logical guess... I couldnt think of any other reason for suddenly changing a 8 year old billing plan randomly out of the blue.

I gotta copy and paste my paragraph so I don't have to keep repeating myself. This change isn't out of the blue. This system isn't new. They created this system for 14 over a year ago with the intent to also put 11 on there so that people could go to one spot for all their SE payments. They just didn't do it a year ago because 14 never went p2p. But they were planning on it, and as I said before, the more logical reason is because they're getting 14 ready to go back to p2p and they wanted to get this set up first.
    (1)
    Romanova-Ragnarok

Character
    Sortis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    or just set up account with ultimate pay and use paypal to buy crysta. Learn to read and do research so much rage over lack of research.
    It's not a lack of research, it's a bullcrap system, every big name MMO to date has just let people use their credit card and got billed for that amount. How is that difficult? What is the point of the Crysta system? It doesn't have one, it's a bullcrap way of handling things, you're obviously in the minority here, not only that, but you have a reputation on these forums for defending everything SE does like it's your bread and butter, so nobody can respect anything you say. I'm not being a jerk, i'm stating obvious facts. You wanna take it personally or to heart that is your prerogative.

If I go to Wal-Mart and buy a gallon of milk and the price tag stats $2 and some change and then I get to the register, guess what, Wal-mart doesn't tell me I have to pay $5 for it just because it's a nice round number (but oh they will keep my extra two bucks and change for my next visit) no they give me my freakin' change because it's my money. I'm handing SE a $20 and they're giving me a gift card with my change on it...maybe I wanna spend my extra 7 dollars elsewhere? too bad! our money now! No thats a bullcrap way of handling things. It's just as easy to charge a card $13 as it is to charge it $20 and there is not jack you can say to convince me otherwise because I have higher than a high school education, heck anyone with more than a grade school education and loose grasp on economics can figure this one out lol!

*EDIT* : You just lost 5 subs to this stupid billing system, my friends and I are done with XI and XIV until they get their act together and just let us pay them directly in a non-shady way. Till then we won't be back. Don't bother with any "don't let the door hit you on the way out" posts, by the time you read this I assure you, the door will have long been closed, if they can even afford a door after this crappy system pushes through and people bounce.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sortis; 08-03-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Unfortunately, it all breaks down because they have kept the option for the JP Region. They are STILL storing CC info on thier servers, and still processing payments directly. The issue is that very thing--they've singled out one specific region to keep the old method as well as offer them the new method.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12