Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

"The opportunity to transfer your FINAL FANTASY XI character will end Wednesday"

So SE, just what happens to those who don't take the 'opportunity'?

Obviously they'll not be able to play, but the way you phrased this means, in English, that after the end of that period transfers won't be possible .. meaning non-transferred accounts are dead and effectively cancelled.

I know you have some bizarre business ideas from time to time, and upsetting many customers by ham-fistedly introducing things like CC security isn't something you seem to worry about, but happily losing players who for some reason weren't able to complete the transfers during the prime holiday season (for many) wouldn't be one even I would expect.

So, why talk about transfers only being possible till the end of August .. or ARE you saying 'transfer by then or lost your accounts entirely'?
    (2)

Player
    Basically they are saying "ok we are introducing this new security measure, however it'll only work by a request basis so request by august 31st or you won't be able to go under this new security system." They aren't saying "If you don't do this by the 31st you won't be able to play". Since then how would people who sub past the 31st be able to do said thing lol. They are trying to encourage people to change over by offering an in-game item but since you can't just forcefully force everyone to go under the new system they are trying to do it more progressively.

Perhaps if they had more option in terms of payment services it wouldn't be as hard to trasnfer people offer but with the two they have set in place "click and buy" and "Game something" I think people are a tad edgy to switch over even if it means they'll only be charged every 30 days rather then the 2nd of each month.
    (0)

Character
    Rizon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    Tried to transfer my accounts this morning but because I got cought up in that billing fiasco for July I am not allowed to until both July and August are paid for on the first. My payments were deducted from my Account about 8 hours after the completion of maintenance but my accounts where still suspended until I reverified my card. The billing company help on to my money for 17 days before they reversed the transaction. Now I am afraid that they will have problems on the first and I will get cought up again. Sad part is I have plenty of Crysta on account from a prepayment for FFXIV that I made last Oct before they announced the indefinate free trial. Seems like I am being penalized for someone elses screwup.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

The way I see it.

It is very badly explained indeed, as are the payment methods.
    I would imagine it is mandatory (sooner or later) as they say:

*Please note that all users, including those who have already linked their PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix account, must complete the transfer procedure. Thank you for your understanding.

However, I don't think we only have this month to do it, just that they would like it if everyone would. But I would guess it still is possible after the 'transfer period'.
    I'm only guessing though, and am quite sure that they will make this more clear sooner or later. Hopefully... maybe?
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

it isn't a security measure. It seems to be SE is phasing out playonline. They already got rid of several "features" and now just using it as a boot up.

So yes if you do not transfer your account you will not get to play. Thjey are switching it to their SE main site. And may only use pol as a boot up, instead of who you pay. The item is just to get people to do it faster.

This isn't something to be upset about. They are giving people plenty of time to transfer. For those who are not subcribed, chances of them coming back are slim. But i'm sure theyt will allow those who re subscribe back on through SE site.

Look up PlayOnline wiki or explore PlayOnline. Alot of their stuff is gone or outdated. They haven't did much with Play Online minus shutting down features.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I was almost done syncing until I got this message:

"Because this month's service fees have not yet completed processing, you cannot transfer your PlayOnline ID.
    Please try again next month."

-A- Thanks SE, thanks...
    (1)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    I was almost done syncing until I got this message:

"Because this month's service fees have not yet completed processing, you cannot transfer your PlayOnline ID.
    Please try again next month."

-A- Thanks SE, thanks...
    I was able to change 1 account over but not the other, the one I could was one I added a mule on this past month, so thats probably your issue
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    I was able to change 1 account over but not the other, the one I could was one I added a mule on this past month, so thats probably your issue
    No I've had credit card issues with SE since the tsunami. Every month they kick me off and declare my card invalid even though it's perfectly fine. :/
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    No I've had credit card issues with SE since the tsunami. Every month they kick me off and declare my card invalid even though it's perfectly fine. :/
    I had the same problem. This might be the cause, I know I fall into this category:

This is an announcement concerning transfers to Square Enix Accounts.

Customers who have reactivated Content IDs, purchased additional expansions, performed world transfers, or made any other additional purchases during the month of July, will not be able to complete the transfer process until after the monthly maintenance scheduled for the end of this month.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

This might be related?

If you haven't noticed it (pun not intended).

Quote Originally Posted by http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/12119-NA-Transfer-to-Square-Enix-Account-Commenced?p=155342&viewfull=1#post155342
    [NA] Notice Concerning Transfers to Square Enix Accounts

This is an announcement concerning transfers to Square Enix Accounts.

Customers who have reactivated Content IDs, purchased additional expansions, performed world transfers, or made any other additional purchases during the month of July, will not be able to complete the transfer process until after the monthly maintenance scheduled for the end of this month.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Edit:

Oh, Tannlore had the same idea while I was posting. xd
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 07-27-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Blubb.
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast