Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Separated
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 43

So there's only 5 jobs that work now?

Just starting again, after about a year break, and it seems (from reading the forums) that mnk, nin, war, whm, and smn are the only ones that people seem to say are worth while now.

I know abys. is out now, and i've not had a chance to experience it, but from what it seems if you arn't worth while there you arn't worth while any where.

maybe i'm missing something, or maybe its just all job forums are "omg my job is bad or worse than yours".
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah just a lot of whiny cry babies. Level what ever you want that gives you enjoyment when playing it.
    (15)

~Party Rock Anthem~

People want their favorite job to be the god of everything, which apparently means no other job deserves an update.

"DRK can't do xxx so why should DNC Get an update ?!"

type deals. Level what you want. Forums always contain some amount of whining. FFXI has always had some amount of job exclusion as well. its nothing new.
    (7)

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    DRK is an amazing job - Not so much for the new fight everything in ten seconds and get onto the next fight type, but a great job..

Here's why.
    Absorb spells - 30+ mana per cast
    Drain - 30+ mana to cast
    - Total mana at 80 - Roughly 200.
    So they can cast drain and absorbs spells without a problem in long fights, fight without rest, well their not going to do well with their mana.

SoulEater - Doing GoV and attempting to kill 10 things in the quickest way possible without anyone helping you means death to a DRK that dares to use it.

Last Resort - Great

-But, we still do great damage without souleater and Absorbs so haste gear would keep this job alive and well. Other then that, I love DRK and doesn't really need much changing.
    (1)

NIN WAR MNK THF WHM BLM are the current hot jobs in Abyssea, but it's all too likely that they won't be the hottest jobs forever. Only THF enjoyed a permanent place as a desired job over the years, and it certainly wasn't due to their damage output.

NIN was a dead job before Abyssea.
    WAR was once, a long time ago, only considered a subjob and not a real main job.
    MNK struggled to get invites in the skillchain-MB era.
    THF will be forever relevant only because of TH.
    WHM struggled to get merit PT invites and was often deemed subpar next to RDM, even in some event settings.
    BLM was once completely ostracized aside from Endgame events and BCNMs/KSNMs.

It's all cyclical. The playerbase's perception of each job and their individual desirability rose and fell over the years and will continue to do so in the future.
    (15)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    DRK is useless
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by separated View Post
    Just starting again, after about a year break, and it seems (from reading the forums) that mnk, nin, war, whm, and smn are the only ones that people seem to say are worth while now.

I know abys. is out now, and i've not had a chance to experience it, but from what it seems if you arn't worth while there you arn't worth while any where.

maybe i'm missing something, or maybe its just all job forums are "omg my job is bad or worse than yours".
    Where did you get the idea that SMN is worthwhile right now?
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Where did you get the idea that SMN is worthwhile right now?
    I Think know what you're referring too lol...

But on the off chance your serious. SMN is actually quite useful for Voidwatch content. Most of those fights are "Distance" fights and SMN really excels. Plus Earthern Armor is exceptionally useful :Q!
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I Think know what you're referring too lol...

But on the off chance your serious. SMN is actually quite useful for Voidwatch content. Most of those fights are "Distance" fights and SMN really excels. Plus Earthern Armor is exceptionally useful :Q!
    Exceptionally is an extreme exaggeration. I've done plenty of voidwatch without it (mainly for not being in a tank or melee party) and I can't say we lost a single one because of lack of Earthen Armor. (I've lost a malboro fight thanks to lack of stun, and I've lost a mandragora fight thanks to lack of stun... so I'd say stunners are plenty more useful than Earthen Armor)

Summoner however is just fine for dealing damage though. But then, so were they in sky 2004. And Summoner will remain useful until we end up in zerg situations again. (Or too much annoying absorb monsters, those can really turn a 1 min attack into a 1 min disaster)
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Uh... Smn's main use IS zerging in the first place thanks to alexander. Unless you 're implying that normal DD are so above smn in damage that whenever they engage in proper gear and play properly it counts as a zerg?
    (0)
    Last edited by Khajit; 07-26-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast