Character
    Separated
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 43

Is it me....?

or does monk seem boring?

WAIT!! dont go getting mad at me... i've only gotten monk up to about 20 so i've not seem much of it. But am i missing something?

It just seems that i kinda sit there and wait till i have tp.... or need to boost. From what it seems monk or war are the two big DD towards the end of the game.

Let me know if im terribly blind to the whole deal, or if thats pretty much it.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That's pretty much how all DDs are.

Auto attack, use all DD job abilities when timers are up, ws, repeat.

War is the same, sam is the same, drg is the same, unless you actually cast, drk is the same, etc.

Even with pup, use attachments when need, auto attack, use dd relevant JA when timers are up, ws. (when it comes to DDing anyways)
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post

War is the same, sam is the same, drg is the same, unless you actually cast, drk is the same, etc.

Even with pup, use attachments when need, auto attack, use dd relevant JA when timers are up, ws. (when it comes to DDing anyways)
    This is why I main THF. Having to move around to avoid conal attacks, but sneak in to trick attack, then run around the back to sneak attack, keeps me from falling asleep.
    Yet I read the THF forums and it's all about how dysfunctional that is in a party hehe.
    (0)

I think people find the job as exciting as they want to find it. Personally, I find SAM boring, but people are like "OMG SO AWESOME." And I find MNK to be my most exciting job, and you have no real interest in it.

I always have been a believer of playing what you find fun, putting what you don't like to the side and maybe they'll make it more fun.
    (0)

Character
    Peldin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    At level 20, almost every job is boring. You get a better idea of how fun jobs are when you are able to use more of their abilities.
    (1)

Player
    I can tell you one thing thought Hundred fist
    Is awesome @ any level @ monk lol
    (0)

Character
    Kajikuro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree that mnk is boring at low lvls as is most DD jobs (as stated above) but the cool thing about mnk when it hits higher lvls (basically only in abyssea) it does something that few other DD jobs do, and that is, it becomes a tank and the play style for it turns nearly on its head. it goes from how much DoT can u do? and turns to how much damage can you take and how much can you avoid all the while trying to keep up enough damage to keep hate (which isnt really a problem with ascetics fury or victory smite, its building the hate before some uppity DD or BLM decides to show off lol) or at least that has been my experience lol
    (0)

monk can tank all void tiers 1-3 just fine /nin with a solid eva set up and double / single mambo
    (0)

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    monk can tank all void tiers 1-3 just fine /nin with a solid eva set up and double / single mambo
    Don't waste your time on this forum. Most "monks" on here have no idea what an -eva, -pdt, -mdt set can do for a monk tanking outside of abyssea. They are just a bunch of cookie-cutter, burn-my-monk-in-abyssea, monks.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post

you had it right until you mentioned pup.
    If you are used to playing a more complex, hybrid job, then moving to a vanila DD job is more boring. This just doesn't apply to pup though...

Sure, you can sit on your thumbs and let any job just auto-attack, but there's a huge difference in a job where you have something more to do, vs not having something more to do. I think MNK is more fun that war in this respect though...
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast