Thread: Raise dance

Character
    Hamchook
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Raise dance

As a main dancer, I know many many dancers have thought of this and wanted this type of thing for awhile. I think it would be an amazing idea to give us dancers a dancing waltz or jig that can support our parties or random outside adventurers with a Raise.

I mean, come on we can heal up to great numbers in HP even erase debuffs. But how many times have you come across someone who died and felt completely useless because you couldn't do anything about it? I know I have. Even if it's raise 1, I think it would be nice to throw in a new dance animation to raise the unfortunate. A Dispel flourish would be nice to :P just sayin'.
    (7)
    Dance the dance of death.

Onii born on Kujata, ventured to Valefor.

I hail allegiance to the almighty Shantotto! Ohohohoho!!!
    i would poop bricks for raise dance of some sort. I would probably do dirtier things for a dispel flourish or whatever! Just tell me what you want me to do SE!!!
    (0)

Character
    Lilsanchez
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree to this, as DNC is suppose to be somewhat of a main healer for situations, raise would be very helpful also lol
    (0)
    Warm Socks!

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The lore of Dancers seems to dismiss a "Raise dance" existing in the Dancer Job's "Kriegstanz" school of dance. Necromancy was used to raise the undead and "Kriegstanz" was able to counteract it. If "Kriegstanz" dancers HAD a "Raise Dance", they would most likely have used it during the war.

An ability from that lore that WOULD fit Dancer is something that causes extreme damage to the undead.
    Also, a "Dispel" ability would fit according to that lore too.

We could potentially get "Totentanz" as a method of raising dead party members as "pets" for a short time I kid... or do I?

(The lore can be found here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Da...he_Battlefield )
    (0)

Yes, but Raise doesn't revive the dead. It revives the knocked-out.
    (1)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    raise jig!!! raise waltz would be funny cause you have to use TP.

dispel flourish!!! 1-5 moves used up will dispel 1-5 buffs. i would kick a puppy for that
    (0)

Add a dispel effect to animated flourish with a low chance of effect on it's own. If it dispels you don't get the enmity but your JA timer goes to 30s cool down. If you are unable to dispel you get the enmity and your recast timer is only 10s to try again. Let it stack with Presto and of course get enhanced with stutter step.

I know dispel is pretty necessary for DNC but I'm trying to think of ways to make it more interesting...
    (0)

Character
    Zacheriah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've been wanting this ever since DNC came out
    Raise Waltz
    TP: 100+
    raise 1
    uses all TP
    that would be fine with me
    (0)

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanie View Post
    raise jig!!! raise waltz would be funny cause you have to use TP.

dispel flourish!!! 1-5 moves used up will dispel 1-5 buffs. i would kick a puppy for that
    Using TP at this point is irrelevant. With fully merited reverse flourish and AF3+2 gloves we get 100 TP on each reverse flourish use. So even if they tagged a "Raise Waltz" with a TP cost of 150 and we had 0 at the time, it would only take us 3 min (without fighting or being in Abyssea or subbing Sam) to have enough TP to raise someone.

Edit: BTW, I've been hoping for a raise dance for a very long time...make it happen, please.
    (0)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    min just to raise a random poor soul... i got more important things to do with my time (not really).side note, unless you got 5moves to use you arent reversing just yet. so from purely 0 tp and without fighting and no moves, it will take 6min to raise at a cost of 101+ TP.
    on top of having to use lolTP to raise, your forget every dancers pet peeve, the waltz recast. further thinking, a jig could be a tad overboard. things go hell and dnc is the only person left standing, raise jig the mage instantly =O.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast