Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Yeah, it's frustrating. However if WAR got more than it does, in terms of abyssea, there would be no need for any other jobs. It already dwarfs all other DD anyway
    I guess that's true....never really thought of that.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    :\ the only reason I can think of for bringing any other job than NIN WAR WHM THF is if you don't have them, or if you need yellow/blue. Even if you need yellow, most of the time THF will be enough (unless your going for 2~3x drop +2 items).

If you need blue, mnk.
    If you need yellow, BLM.

Everything else is just...

Well we'll be leaving abyssea soon anyway.
    (0)

3. 07-20-2011 08:33 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Thank you very much for your constructive post. I don't know what we would do without your input in the matter.
    (1)
    Last edited by Emdub; 07-22-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Removed previously deleted comment from quote

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I think he needs a time out
    (0)

Character
    Araan
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I want war to have the same Great Sword Skill as DRK and have all the weaponskills that they currently lack
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    WAR (and every other job ever) also should never get Hexa Strike in a million years. White Mage has another troubles with other jobs clamoring for White Mage's unique abilities.
    (1)

I don't see why another job getting Hexa strikes is going to hurt WHM, as it stands its a decent WS wasted on a class that has no use for it outside of toying around. Spread the love!

I feel if any job should get it it'd be PLD, At least PLD might get a use from it? assuming no Chant Du Cygne is involved, as its a rather powerful WS.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I feel if any job should get it it'd be PLD, At least PLD might get a use from it? assuming no Chant Du Cygne is involved, as its a rather powerful WS.
    I approve. Then I wouldn't have to waste 10min to go through all my procs multiple times to make sure they were clean only to confirm it's Hexa and have to warp and run back and waste half of the night in the process.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I don't see why another job getting Hexa strikes is going to hurt WHM, as it stands its a decent WS wasted on a class that has no use for it outside of toying around.
    Toying around? I take my Club mastery very seriously, thank you. If we lose this, what's next? Other jobs getting Mjollnir? No thanks. And Hexa Strike was never wasted on White Mage.

Anyways, Hexa Strike provides several things to White Mages that it wouldn't if it wasn't exclusive. First, it makes White Mages have something unique that will never be taken away. Second, every other job that can use it already has a way to deal good amounts of damage. Third, White Mage is supposed to be the master of the Club. Last, things like Hexa Strike, Mjollnir, and exclusivity on Club magian trials are all signals that White Mage is supposed to be able to do damage with a Club, even if the situation doesn't come up often in parties.

If the choice was between White Mage losing exclusivity or the WS no longer being a proc, I'd vote that it shouldn't be a proc anymore. That said, most groups in Abyssea have access to a White Mage. Why shouldn't the White Mage have to skill anything? Also, why should Monk be able to do all procs solo?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Toying around? I take my Club mastery very seriously, thank you. If we lose this, what's next? Other jobs getting Mjollnir? No thanks. And Hexa Strike was never wasted on White Mage.
    "Slippery slope" Argument? For a moment i almost swear you were typing "Gay marriage? Whats next? Beastiality" slippery slope arguments are stupid and unfounded rampant speculation, You know that Econ..

Outside of that i have no comments, WHM melee is a toy, and I am sorry if that offends you. Regardless of how you feel i think it would be beneficial to the game as a whole. Like i said, I think at least PLD should get it. PLD can have use for Club, and has access to some nice club WS too.

and as far as WHM and Mjollnir etc go, SMN is on Claustrum, and has access to no Exclusive/special Staff WS, Can't explain that!
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast