Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    I remember SE saying they would make it harder to acquire if it was staying the best. Considering I did 15 runs to get my egg and ended up just buying it for a ridiculous amount of gil, I would say it's more difficult now than before.
    (0)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbeen View Post
    I remember SE saying they would make it harder to acquire if it was staying the best. Considering I did 15 runs to get my egg and ended up just buying it for a ridiculous amount of gil, I would say it's more difficult now than before.
    They didn't say this.
    (0)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They said this: (Link) on 03-10-2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    In the meantime, here is what was discussed regarding the Black Belt specifically:

"We currently have no plans of easing the way Black Belt is obtained. Due to the increased level cap, we believe that the ease has already been affected.

We're actually looking into items that are more powerful than Black Belt for the future, and if they were to be introduced there may be a possibility that we re-visit adjustments for Black Belt acquisition."
    (0)

Character
    Brotherhood
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All i want is black belt +1/2/3/4 With -10% Pdt or Occ absorbs damage, even Regen/regain while idle stats Haste @28% in full af3+2 with BB :-( Leave the haste alone give me more power.
    (0)

i will laugh so hard if SE ups it and pulls a dynamis style ToM and it states you have to kill x5 niddhog x5 king b and x5 aspid.

in fact thats what im betting they will do, and why? so all the monks who say its hard to get have more people willing to do the battle.
    (1)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think due to limitations, they can only display 5 stats on a piece of equipment (with stuff like Acc+Atk being grouped, as well as STR, VIT, etc)... This doesn't count any set bonuses.

Currently:
    1) DEF: 7
    2) STR+7
    3) Haste+12%
    4) Subtle Blow +7
    5) Physical Damage Taken -5%

Other than straight upping the stats, other ways they can improve it include adding other stats with STR and changing PDT to "damage taken". Really no need to increase the haste on it, since we're already well over the haste cap.

Example of a hypothetical improved black belt:

DEF: 12 STR+10 VIT+10
    Haste +12% "Subtle Blow" +10
    Damage Taken -5%

It's possible they could add more by changing the pairing of equipment attributes, but that might require revising a lot of equipment.
    (1)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

It would be possible to add new attributes if they just gave BB an Augment, even if it's through ToM. That's if that limitation exists still, I dunno.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Why does haste have to be touched? I don't have a BB nor know the stats so will throw out random alternative buffs.. BB plus kicks. BB plus counter. BB plus dodge. BB plus duration increase on monk's /JA. See where I'm going with this?

As an aside, in Martial Arts, Tae Kwon Do in particular. There's something called a "Dan". And usually goes from 1st Dan/BlackBelt, 2nd Dan/Instructor, 3rd~5th Dan are considered Masters, and 5th~9th Dan/ grandmasters. Traditionally, no American could receive a Dan higher than 5th Dan without first going to Korea and training/paying with the grandmasters. Generally, no American masters exist higher than 5th, though nowadays that racist behavior has been overturned.

As most "True" martial artist will tell you, you dont need ANY belt. Martial Arts in it's purest form is self-defense. To be a "master" one simply needs to master one opponent, ones environment, and one's self.
    All those 7-9 Dan "grandmasters" wouldn't last a 10 seconds vs Jon Jones or Machida.
    "Belts are good for holding your pants up. that's about it" Bruce Lee.
    (0)

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Speaking of Bruce Lee. Why is One Inch Punch in the game so damn useless? I haven't tried it in Abyssea, but last I remembered it was horrid. So horrid that horrid would be saying nice things about it.
    (2)
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Character
    Gaiben
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TRiPP View Post
    Speaking of Bruce Lee. Why is One Inch Punch in the game so damn useless? I haven't tried it in Abyssea, but last I remembered it was horrid. So horrid that horrid would be saying nice things about it.
    Because in RL the one inch punch is a move that ignores your opponent's defense by striking through the body instead of out at it. Since in FFXI terms that just means that their raw DEF is ignored by a minor chunk and the base damage is low the result is much less effective.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast