Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    I'm surprised they didn't list any ideas they had in mind, while it seems that 11 giving the full effect even if main job isn't in party could work, there still needs to be a boost that would take effect when the job is in the party. With that in mind I thought of something that could be neat but at the same time prolly to complex to work right. Basically when you hit 11 you gain an additional effect if the proper job is in the party.
    Cor= xp, skill rate increase
    NIN= Evasion, parry/guard/shield rate increase
    RNG= Acc/RACC, increase chance of interrupting targets casting
    DRK= ATT, ignore x% defense
    BLU= Mag Def, Reduce magic dmg taken
    WHM= MP recovered while healing, Cure potency+
    PUP= pet ACC, pet: increase chance of interrupting targets casting
    BRD= spell interruption rate down, Quick Cast
    MNK= subtle blow, Counter rate up
    BST= Pet ATT, pet: ignore x% defense
    SAM= Store TP, Conserve TP
    SMN= Refresh, MP restored to Full
    THF= Crit hit rate, Increase Crit dmg
    RDM= Mag ACC, DMGing spells have chance to cause terror
    WAR= DA, Occasionaly deal double dmg
    DRG= Pet: MATT/ACC, pet: magic crit hit dmg+
    PLD= Spikes, absorb x% dmg taken
    BLM= MATT, Magic crit hit dmg +
    DNC= Regen, HP Restored to Full
    SCH= Conserve MP, No cost(chance to reduces MP cost to 0)

It might be to intricate to actually implement but if 11 gave an additional effect on top of the original one I think it would add more strategy to the corsair. Another thing that could be added is possibly a 50+ ability that allows the additional 11 effect to go off even if the main job isn't in the pty but put it on a 10 min recast timer.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't list any ideas they had in mind, while it seems that 11 giving the full effect even if main job isn't in party could work, there still needs to be a boost that would take effect when the job is in the party. With that in mind I thought of something that could be neat but at the same time prolly to complex to work right. Basically when you hit 11 you gain an additional effect if the proper job is in the party.

It might be to intricate to actually implement but if 11 gave an additional effect on top of the original one I think it would add more strategy to the corsair. Another thing that could be added is possibly a 50+ ability that allows the additional 11 effect to go off even if the main job isn't in the pty but put it on a 10 min recast timer.
    I like this idea, too. Something like an additional buff to the roll that only occurs when XI is rolled AND the job is in the party (alliance?). Small, but it's a nice bonus to our buffs.
    (0)

I think a TP reward would be awesome

so if you can hit 11 then everyone in area of effect gets 20tp or something
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post

I also think these are some pretty neat ideas.
    (0)

Character
    Heartslaught
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As a corsair, the double duration elevens were highly annoying as it completely messed with rolls cycles and the steady timing that was necessary.

On to the actual discussion, how about non-linear stat growth at an 11? The stat boost of that coveted 11 should be absolutely explosive, and even more so with the job in the party or the proper piece of empyrean gear to enhance the roll. It shouldn't be game breaking, mind you, but six to seven minutes (maxed merited roll timers of course) of HOLY HELL mode should be available. Our job is to gamble and take big risks with buffing. Make those big risks have HUGE rewards.

On a side note, the merited job abilities do not fall under the effect of Random Deal... PLEASE FIX THIS!
    (0)

I think they should make an atma for Cors that enhance our 11 results giving whatever the roll was a boost that can rival that of an atma boost.

Eg. you just scored an 11 on a Chaos roll in abyssea with said new Cor. atma, lets name said atma "Atma of the lucky Phantom" ..... the result will be ATT (superior) +50, R.ATT (superior) +50 STR (superior) +50

Idk i think this would put cor back up as an awesome buffer and will also make it a valued job to have when going to fight bosses. I'm lvling cor and i wanna make it my main but my ls use to always make me jump on blu and it gets boring lol i want my cor to be a job ppl ask me to get on when we're doing events. ^_^ COR FTW
    (0)

Thread location alteration

Greetings!

Just moving this thread on over to the Corsair Job area.

Apologies for any inconvenience!

-=Game Master Emdub=-
    (0)
    Last edited by Emdub; 03-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.

As both a COR and a SMN, I thought 11 rolls already were vastly superior to SMN Wards. While it never hurts to be even better, I just can't think of anything that I feel is missing on rolling 11. I felt like the old double duration was extremely nice (for parties you roll twice in) but it was of course an issue in parties you roll 4 times.

But if we want to add something new, why not call it "morale boost" and do something odd like extend the food duration by 10 min and perhaps add 1% or something silly to the food stat caps? (Would make more people eat food as well)
    (0)

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    [dev1004]Corsair's Phantom Roll Ability

I think I am going to go outside the box on this, instead of just enhancing the current effect or increasing the duration of the roll what about adding a new (yet follows the current idea of the roll) effect. These are some things I have thought up.

Corsair's Roll: Original effect increases exp rate, with XI it will increase exp but also increase cp/is/an/cruor by a +%
    Ninja Roll: Original effect increases eva rate, with XI it will increase eva AND parry rate
    Hunter's Roll: Original effect increases racc/acc with XI it will increase racc/acc and gives dex+%
    Chaos Roll: Original effect increases att with XI it will increase att and gives str+%
    Magus's Roll: Original effect increases mdef with XI it will increase mdef and def
    Healer's Roll: Original effect increases hmp with XI it will increase hmp and hhp
    Puppet Roll: Original effect increases pet acc with XI it will increase pet acc and pet crit hit rate
    Choral Roll: Original effect decreases spell interruption rate with XI it will decreases s.i.r. and gives -pdt%
    Monk's Roll: Original effect increase subtle blow with XI it will increase subtle blow and AGI+%
    Beast Roll: Original effect increases pet att with XI it will increase pet att and pet crit hit dmg
    Samurai Roll: Original effect increases sTP with XI it will increase sTP and give conserve tp
    Evoker's Roll: Original effect gives refresh effect with XI it will give refresh and give MND+%
    Rogue's Roll: Original effect increases crit hit rate with XI it will increase crit hit rate and gives crit hit dmg+%
    Warlock's Roll: Original effect increase macc with XI it will increase macc and magic crit hit dmg
    Fighter's Roll: Original effect increases Double Attack with XI it will increase Double Attack and Triple attack+%
    Drachen Roll: Original effect increases pet matt/macc with XI it will increase pet matt/acc and pet magic crit rate/attack
    Gallant's Roll: Original effect gives dmg reflection with XI it will gives dmg reflection and VIT+%
    Wizard's Roll: Original effect increase mab with XI it will increase mab and give INT+%
    Dancer's Roll: Original effect gives Regen with XI it will give Regen and cure/waltz potency+%
    Scholar's Roll: Original effect gives conserve mp with XI it will give cMP and magic crit rate
    Bolter's Roll: Original effect gives Movement speed+ effect with XI it will give MS+ and sneak/invisible/deodorize effects
    Caster's Roll: Original effect gives Fast Cast with XI it will give Fast Cast and Quickcast+%
    Courser's Roll: Original effect increases Snapshot effect with XI it will give Snapshot+ and Fencer+%
    Blitzer's Roll: Original effect decreases delay of wpns, with XI it will decrease delay of wpns and give +10% haste
    Tactician's Roll: Original effect gives Regain with XI it will give Regain and TP bonus
    Allies' Roll: Original effect increase skillchain dmg/acc with XI it will increase skillchain dmg/acc and skillchain crit rate/dmg

Those are my ideas. ^^y
    (1)

Airget's is probably the best idea.
    (0)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast