Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
The humon eye can red 60 or 75 frames per second i think and yes i dont see why they cant update the graphics on PC only for us and if they wonna drop the ps2 they at least make a good HD version for the PS3 ppl they can switch. I'm pretty sure if somebody has a ps2 they have or well be getting ps3 if anything for the blu ray player~
Well there is a difference between noticing a high contrast flicker vs actually perceiving movement or detail. Example, show a queen of spaded at 60fps, on the 40th frame insert a jack of hearts. Show this to someone and ask what they see, most will not notice that something changed, a few people will say that something happened in the middle, and nobody will be able to tell you it what card was on that 40th frame. This is in contrast to something like a white screen then showing a jack of hearts for 1/60th of a second (16.6ms). Pretty much everyone will be able to tell you that something happened, some might even be able to tell you it was red, no one will be able to tell you what the card was.

So basically the human brain (its the brain no the eye technically) can discern high contrast changes in light patterns at high rates. Human brain can't discern details under 33.3~40ms (30fps approx) but can discern motion and changes. Motion and low-contrast changes are no longer discernible at 16.6~20ms (50~60fps). A low contrast change would be going from one light pattern to another that are similar vs a high contrast change like going from black (no light) to white (pure light).

Anyhow, if they put developers towards it they could update the PC client's graphics engine without effecting PS2 code. The code base for the client is three separate sets of code, their not compatible although their highly similar. The 360 already has a better graphics engine then the PC, so there's nothing saying they can't rewrite it from DX8.1 single surface render to a proper DX9 engine.