Hybrid View

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Abyssea - Attohwa's "Hazy Prospects" Quest

The quest given to you by Harith within the Abyssea - Attohwa area in which you synthesize a "Phial of Miasmal Counteragent," and trade it to a "Dark Miasma" that can appear in several locations of the area is EXTREMELY luck based. Are there any plans to adjust this and perhaps make it less luck based? Personally, I have spent somewhere in the ballpark of 15-20 Traverser Stones on and off attempting to locate the "Dark Miasma"
    (0)

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Yeah, this quest is plain ridiculous, and for no reason. I did eventually get it done after a few months, by hanging out watching a spawn point for the Miasma. But there's no reason it should pop up so rarely, and for so little time when it does pop.
    (0)
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801

Character
    Fiddytree
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They have fixed this issue already. You can't go anywhere now without bumping into a miasma. It's actually pretty annoying now because they are blocking many paths from many confluxes. I run around more now trying to avoid these things. Before, I had a hard time finding one. Now, I have a hard time avoiding them.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Treefiddy, are you sure you're talking about "Dark Miasma" that can be targeted? The stuff is all over the place, but can almost never be targeted. That's the issue. If we could simply target any Dark Miasma, that'd fix everything. Personally, if I were really my character, I'd pour that medicine on the first one I find; not the first one I find that has a name (i.e., can be targeted). I haven't yet found one that can be targeted, and there's no explanation for why those ones can't be used.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah, it took me no time at all to do this quest last week. When everyone was complaining about being able to find a dark miasma, It was actually quite nice getting around the zone. Right now I'm hunting VNM;s and its a huge pain w/ the miasma blocking all my paths.

I did this quest very quickly just so I could stock some counteragent to open the paths for me.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

I ran into 3 different targettable Dark Miasmas today in the span of 5 minutes trying to get to Whiro. IMO the rate of them showing up went from too low to too high.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    probably it depends on how much ppl is doing other quest in the zone.
    there is a npc telling you the quality of the air, if its clear dont bother searching for the miasma.
    maybe on some server ppl "clear the air by quest" more often than other servers.

however, if the npc dont say clear air, its easy to stand in one point (the road up to parradamo is one) and spam the macro. i did this an in less than 15min i had the quest done. same for friends.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Fiddytree
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah, I'm talking about the targetable Dark Miasma. They block multiple paths now from fluxes 3, 5, and 7 as well as multiple spots climbing the mountain. Yes, it was extremely hard to find them when the quest first came out, but now they are a nuissance. SE fixed this quest a little too well.
    (0)