Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    I fiercely support this! I also think we need a better secondary ring for our BPs(Fervor just isn't cutting it :<!) I like that post that has the ring give a buff to the pet that's specifically designed for them. Could be named Latent Effect: Avatar's Boon or something. Personally, with those enhancements, I would be MORE inclined to use more of my pets more frequently
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I love this idea!
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I'd like to see a change that allows avatars to gain the stats you are wearing as i've been saying for quite some time. The fact that we're all over every single freakin' piece of int that doesn't suck really irks me D:<

Allowing +stats or even sub jobs to effect pets would make summoner a job with versatility.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Oh. We forgot to get the JP to sign off on this, or they'll never look
    (0)

Character
    Silverr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like it but do not like the Demi coming from Fenrir nor death, Demi is a move from Diabolos in FF8. Im not quit convinced u have played the final fantasy series D:
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven View Post
    I like it but do not like the Demi coming from Fenrir nor death, Demi is a move from Diabolos in FF8. Im not quit convinced u have played the final fantasy series D:
    On the contrary my random chap. FF8 Is my favorite FF Game, and i'm entirely familiar with Demi and Demiga coming from Diabolos, And the fact you obtain him near the beginning of the game in the form of a cursed lamp.

But FFXI is worlds different from every other Final Fantasy Game. in FF8, Carbuncle only possessed Shinning Ruby, a Buff. In FFXI, He possesses both combative and defensive capabilites.

Fenrir didn't exist in FF8 as well, in the form of a Guardian Force.

Spells are spells in FFXI, There are no mob unique spells. I wanted to give Fenrir Dark Based nukes, Because he himself is a Dark Based Enemy. I wanted to give him Something that made the corruption of this god more visible, thus, magic, i could think of no better magic than Demi, the powerful spell used in past Final Fantasy games, and of course, Death.

FFXI is not and has never been bound by the existence of past games and their criteria, No need to start now. Plus, Diabolos' 2hour is the closest we'll get to Demi, Unfortunately, Its pretty garbage, SE Being afraid of giving Summoner power, etc.

So while your opinions intrigue me, I must admit they are terribly incorrect. FFXI Is not and should not be bound by the criteria of other FInal Fantasy games. It itself is a new entity and exists on a separate field than any FF Game before it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-04-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Dear Square Enix:

Please don't forget about us
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why did I not see this sooner? I love this idea! This is the sort of content we need to keep things interesting.
    (1)

Player
    Let's just hope they read and actually consider it :<
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Idea regarding the actual implementation of this (assuming SE actually bother) with ToM:
    Stage 1: Kill a specific elemental avatar 5 times. Rewards Evoker's Ring +1 (~Lv.80)or w/e
    Stage 2: Kill Diabolos Prime 5 times. Rewards Evoker's Ring +2 (~Lv.90)
    Stage 3: Kill Alexander Prime 5 times. Rewards Evoker's Ring +3/Summoner's Ring (~Lv.99)

Doubt it'll happen, but still.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast