Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Elementa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Regardless of which method you choose (Ultimate Play or Click and Buy) you will always end up with 5 Crysta left over every billing cycle. It takes almost 5 years to end up with enough to pay for one month's subscription. SE themselves do not sell Crysta. The way I read Camate's FAQ SE will still accept VbV and SC credit cards in certain regions. If that happens to be you, great. All you need to do is transfer your account(s). Anybody who does not have vBv or SC will be stuck using UP or CnB.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    False on both counts. I don't always disagree, nor do I think I'm always right.

Crysta is set up so you can only buy blocks on money, so if you pay £12.95 you have to get £13.00 ( i think?), this means you paid 5p too much (you still have that 5p balance but you can't get it back either).

The next month you owe £12.90 (-5p from last month) but you can still only buy blocks so again you buy £13.00 and now you have 10p excess, and on and on. You can eventually pay less when it's saved up enough but most people forget to do this or they quit before it happens and in essence it's a sneaky way to gouge a little extra money out of a lot of people.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by erevan View Post
    The question that comes to mind for me is that no longer will the fee be taken directly fromm my account, that I'll have to physically make the payment each month?

if you pay with a 3D secure card it will be taken directly from your account, I think click n buy also(but I don't suggest you use them unless you have no other alternatives)
    again if you cant use 3D secure for direct payments I suggest paypal to recharge your crysta balance, that way you are not paying anyone but SE, with no hidden fees

note: you could think of crysta like a rechargeable credit card because in a way that is what you are doing, recharging a balance to be used on SE purchases, there are no hidden fees
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 06-26-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    Regardless of which method you choose (Ultimate Play or Click and Buy) you will always end up with 5 Crysta left over every billing cycle. It takes almost 5 years to end up with enough to pay for one month's subscription. SE themselves do not sell Crysta. The way I read Camate's FAQ SE will still accept VbV and SC credit cards in certain regions. If that happens to be you, great. All you need to do is transfer your account(s). Anybody who does not have vBv or SC will be stuck using UP or CnB.
    SE does sell crysta, if you buy with paypal, if not you use click n buy to purchase it or you use a ultimate gaming card to convert to crysta balance

I suspect they will sell it with 3D secure CCs after the change as well but some people will see that as pointless
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So 5 * (# of subscribers) = What?
    It suddenly feels like this is all a plan by SE to nickle and dime us out of more money.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    from what I have seen, none of the gaming companies sell their points in odd numbers, xbox live points dont come in the exact points for any game or service you can buy with them, I think its the same with sony and whatever points they use for PSN, but I don't know. SE could change this to make it more convenient for us, but then it might become too much of a hassle for them to offer crysta in the future
    (0)

Increments of $5 means you will always have left overs.

For example you could get $15 for the first month which means you have $2.05 left over. So the 2nd month you have to buy another $15 of Crysta so now you have $4.10 left over. However on the 3rd month you have to only buy $10 worth and you will have $1.10 left over.

If you buy the minimum amount each month you will always have some leftover Crysta on your account but its never over $5.

This is what people don't really like not being able to buy the exact amount needed to pay for your sub fees.
    (0)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And don't forget, Crysta have an expiry date. If you don't use them long enough, they are lost.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ilisidi; 06-27-2011 at 03:17 AM.

they are lost.
    And by lost you mean free money to square, cheer!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Crysta do not expire. Who told you this?

There is nothing on the crysta info pages or in the support center or anywhere that says they expire.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast