Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Depends on your definition of poorly geared.

Because I've been in shells where my Rdm was the #2 or #3 DD

I mean I'm not trying to say Rdm is some super awesome DD because of it. I know it speaks more of the people in that shell, but even then I wouldn't call them 'poorly geared.' They at least made an attempt with that they had. It's not like they were full timing dex gear or something.
    (1)

Player
    Doesn't really mean anything. I've outnuked 3/4 of an LS on Rdm/drk and I'm not going to begin to delude myself into thinking Rdm was an awesome damage dealer by any standard. It wasn't the absolute worst at least.
    (2)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Depends on your definition of poorly geared.

Because I've been in shells where my Rdm was the #2 or #3 DD

I mean I'm not trying to say Rdm is some super awesome DD because of it. I know it speaks more of the people in that shell, but even then I wouldn't call them 'poorly geared.' They at least made an attempt with that they had. It's not like they were full timing dex gear or something.
    Sounds to me like the answer to your ills is to stop surrounding yourself with shitty players.
    (1)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    That being said, I fully intend to melee my RDM from 90->95 when the time comes. I'm certain that I can put forward several times the damage of the standard are you joking 4/5 perle and seiryu kote what the fuck Abyssea pick-up DDs.

I don't have any illusions that it makes my RDM a good DD, though.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    Sounds to me like the answer to your ills is to stop surrounding yourself with shitty players.
    1) I wasn't in that LS for long lol

2) They weren't shitty, just casual.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    can't jobs like BST almost full-time some of their AF3 pieces?
    I pretty much full time my pants - but you're missing the point. OF COURSE jobs like bst, which are essentially a one trick pony, would be more likely to be able to full time some of their top tier gear.

I would not even full time the pants if I had the movement speed ones from ACP - but stout servant +1 is pretty much always useful - because a bst is pretty much always using their pet to tank for them.

So you will only be satisfied with gear so overpowered it is good for nuking, healing and meleeing?

This goes to the heart of why rdm don't get what they want - because they will never be satisfied until they are overpowered. Well, too bad, so sad.
    (0)

Because people are still taking DDs that afk for 3/4th of the fight over Rdms?
    I have never been in an exp alliance that gave a damn what job people came on as long as they had someone to heal and someone to azure
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You're advertised as fighter mages for the same reason that its advertised that my job somehow has great innate worth with something called Elemental and Dark Magic.
    (2)

2) They weren't shitty, just casual.
    Now you're just splitting hairs!

For curiosity and the fact im on the same server, what Linkshell was this?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Now you're just splitting hairs!

For curiosity and the fact im on the same server, what Linkshell was this?
    Back in January, I was farming WoE for Birth Coins on DNC at the same time Supersun was farming coins. I can't say I was impressed with his damage output, but I never expect to be impressed with a melee RDM's damage output (and anyways, I'm sure we've both drastically improved our gear since then). But it's WoE (in this case, farming NQ mobs in Fluxes 01 and 03 for single coins), so who cares? Melee away and have some fun. WoE was an annoying grind.

But if Supersun's RDM was really among the top DDs in that old shell, then it seems something was wrong with the DDs in that shell. It's one thing for a casual to have modest damage output with modest gear, but it's something else entirely if they incorrectly used the gear they did have. :/
    (1)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast