Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arioche
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90

Adjust the Monthly Fee

I've played this game since release day on PS2 and as much as I love it the simple truth is that it's old. The game is no longer in its prime and it's almost a little cruel to continue charging as much as a brand new MMO. The fee isn't going to stop me from playing, but I know it would be a lot more appealing to old and new players if it were even brought down to around $7. There wouldn't be profit loss with a new wave of players, and the 2 best ways to bring them in are Price and a graphical overhaul, the later option I'm sure is already out of the question. So, I would love to know if any fee adjustment is in the near future.
    (0)

The FFXI subscription fee is dropped to $7-8 if you have an active FFXIV account that you are paying monthly fees on... Of course that requires that they be charging monthly fees for FFXIV.
    (1)

Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    If it were old with no new content ever, ( yes we still have to count the add ons as something new) then I'd agree with the fee being changed. I think the price is reasonable if you are only playing XI. The XI and XIV discount price is ok, but unless they changed it again, that discount is only temporary and not permanent. (would be much more appealing if it were permanent)
    (0)

This game is already pretty cheap compared to many other MMOs. I think the current fee is fine.
    (2)

The fee is fine. I don't know anywhere else you can pay $12.95 a month for unlimited entertainment whenever you choose.
    (4)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not this thread again...
    (1)

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Keep the same price for one account, but discount it for every additional account that is registered to the same card.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I like Rafien's idea.

And $12.95/month really is probably the cheapest you can get for this quality of an MMO.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Keep dreaming, you honestly think that for how much of a flop FFXIV was (which is now a free to play let me remind you incase you fell into some intellectually deficient coma these last couple of months, and by just looking at it, you can tell this game was not supposed to be free to play and cost an ass load of money to make by the sheer graphic content.), and how dependent they are on FFXI. Not to mention how much subscriptions they lost during the earthquake shut down on top of hardcores being sick and tired of feeling like the content of FFXI today is too casual. That they would honestly consider lowering the subscription rates for FFXI? I'm sorry but we live in the real world, you know... where people have to make money to feed their families in the video game industry, not where video games are spewed out of some Willy Wonka like wonder factory for the players. People do actually have to live off of these games in order to fund their day to day lives. So again, realize that we are not the only one's in a financial crisis, so are the makers of this game. And again... wake up, this is the real world.
    (2)
    Last edited by Scuro; 07-01-2011 at 07:27 PM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Game is so bad now, it should be free to play, honestly.
    Only a matter of time till it's dead, Se did so cruel things to it.
    If it was Free2play, i would still play it sometimes, eventually... >.>
    Makes me sick but the Game is a bad joke with abyss now.
    I don't know how u can so easily destoy a great game like this one but SE did...stupid, just stupid and sad,
    however, some people seem to enjoy the actual game
    (I don't know how u can enjoy the game in its actual status but it's cool :P) and that's fine, have fun!
    But Se won't win more players through the destruction of the game, how it was used to be,
    they will only lose alot of all players, like me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast