Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    If you had been following the forum for the last month, the producer had said along with the emmity increase, they would be adding x 2 more damage increase to players then before, so basiclly everyone will have to relly on true tanks again for content level 51+.

I think they feel realistically that your pet is a one time shot at killing something and should not provide unlimited tanking/solo'ing on mobs above the strength of your pet.

Sorry this happend, but it was comming sooner or later.

Might want to run to the Auction house and stack up on complete VIT gear, there was something about VIT affecting it greatly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bahamut; 04-03-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddwaffle View Post
    Forcing provoke as a requirement reduces flexibility and choices from players, encourages cookie cutters parties and increase alienation of jobs that aren't in the cookie cutter setup (bst, pup and smn was very marginal back then).
    If you refuse to use a subjob designed to tank and your main job isn't a tank...well... you can't tank.
    I don't see anything wrong here.

And by the way, Provoke always gives the same enmity boost, so it can be used at the beginning AND every 30 seconds after.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous to get hit by such high damage spikes (especially during TP moves or during certain crits) by lv75 or lower mobs.

Anyway, if something is not working as they intended, I'm sure within a couple of months we'll see some tweaks.
    Overall I keep my stance of feeling satisfied with this new direction, if anything they showed to be knowing mechanics of this game much better than I gave them credit to, in spite of some silly mistakes/underestimations that they clearly did here and there during this last patch.
    I'm seeing a lot of this. Listen, everyone. If these changes stay in place a few people might still stay but the others who've been going on easy street won't be able to enjoy the game anymore. THis in tern will cause them to LEAVE. Them leaving will make the game go downhill more.

Do you all want the game to be shutdown? That's what'll happen if people decide it's not FUN anymore. If people are forced back into hard mode they can't solo, low man or duo with second accounts. It's like this if people aren't happy they quit paying for the subscription. Any smart person knows these thing.

"If you make a babies milk sour it'll stop sucking the milk. In this case SE is selling the milk."

What I'm saying is the amount of subscribers may start to RAPIDLY drop if things aren't done soon. You can sit back and say "I like the new system it's okay" but, ultimately it may just make other people loath the game enough to stop playing or eventuality quit.

I'm not whining here about how bad the system is. I'm pointing out that people are fickle. When the game is thrown into hard core mode not everyone is going to take it well. It's no longer your ideals of a perfect game that matter to them when they pay to play. Players will either adapt or abandon these worlds beause of the developers choices.

Simply put, If it's not enjoyable they have their own wills to choose whats right for their person. This isn't your choice what they like or don't like and there's nothing you can do about it. This however, will impact you far more then you think if the reaction is to quit. So, Is holding stern to our own needs/wants worth it if our companions all leave for greener pastures?

If my gut feeling is right and it usually is. It's changes like these that can cause a rapid exodus of the subscription base. No, This isn't an "I'm QUITTING" ramble. It's a gut feeling I'm having that a lot of players won't take these changes well. You see, I've not been playing much and these changes don't give me any enthusiasm. After seeing all the negative sentiment I've come a harsh reality that the game is not going to be a happy place. It's my gut feeling it'll continue to collapse.

I'm heartbroken because of this news. I assume others feel the same but they haven't said anything. If others feel the same as me they may be already considering alternative entertainment routes. In this case it doesn't look good, it doesn't sound fun and It makes us think if we should invest our time elsewhere.

Something is very wrong with the changes of a large number of subscribers are upset. I'm on the fence right now waiting to see how well the player base handles the changes. If they don't take it well the amount of subscribers will fall rapidly. We shall see if making things "Hard Mode" keeps players coming back or makes them abandon this realm.
    (5)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-03-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    IF a lot of people, A LOT of people, were to leave this game in the end it would be way less enjoyable for all of us, altough they could still do another server merge blahblah, but I concur it's not a good thing to happen.

"IF". Because I get the feeling the great majority of people just claim they're gonna leave when something they don't like happens, but then either they keep playing or they come back shortly after.
    So really, what are we talking of?

People (myself included) usually look reluctantly at changes and are unable to tell wether it's a better or worse situation. They just don't want to change the things they've been doing in a certain way, their habits.
    It's a natural aspect of human beings.
    Time will tell wether:
    1) something was really wrong and SE will adjust things here and there
    2) people will really keep whining or maybe they will slowly adapt to this new style and find that, maybe, things might be even better than before
    3) things will stay like this and people will stop paying and game will die, end of the world, blahblah

Give it time, it's not even been a week yet, let us not make haste to draw up conclusions too fast.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Most of the super casual players won't leave right away since Abyssea apparently is still not dead yet, if ever going to die anytime soon. Between Voidwatch and Meeble (assuming they do it - since it requires a bit more coordination), and all the neo stuffs and dynamos - magian trial weapons, there are still tons of great content for solo-duo-dual boxing. But they will start their exodus soon once they see the game is going to the forced grouping activities and no longer fun log and play. So far SoA is somewhat of a letdown, great little ideas on some things, but bad implementation on the bigger things. The old ways are not great, a lot of you probably won't want to go back to the old ways, as much as many still have rose tinted glass memories of how great it used to be. Yes I agree with the sour milk analogy, you don't do big changes, you do small little changes gradually to ease up the transition. But perhaps it is their plan all along, a certain new game is around the corner, it bears the moniker of FF:ARR - maybe they want to move all the casuals there. It's a bit too early to say SoA is a failure, I am sure they will do tons of little updates within the next month or two. They should realize this by now, all those dual triple quadruple boxers are bringing nice extra income, why mess up success formula. The hardcore are fickle, they consume the content in a very rapid pace then complaint it is too easy. They are better off catering to the casual corners who digest content very slow and too busy chatting and socializing.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Give it time, it's not even been a week yet, let us not make haste to draw up conclusions too fast.
    Give it time you say? Game changes are like first impressions do them wrong the first time and people may never look back. The faster they revert they better off they are at recovery. I think they severely broke the game. IMHO, They should to revert so they can reevaluate balance first. Much like the way an army falls back to regroup. I think the developers need to take a step back so they can pull things together before moving forward.

To me everything appears to be all out of whack. The game is totally unplayable for some people/jobs. This is a mass subscription service. Everyone who is serious about this game should reflect on the words in the two sentences below.

People pay for this game because they want to enjoyment out of it. If they can't enjoy it why would they want to pay for it?

Right now I think the only course is to revert so more testing can be done. Every second things are broken one more person who's playing thinks "Why am I paying for this?". If they're even remotely thinking these things it's not good at all. These changes could've avoided all this negative reaction if they where properly tested.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-03-2013 at 03:01 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Right now everything appears to be all out of whack. The game is totally unplayable for some people/jobs. People pay because they want to enjoy the game. If they can't enjoy it why would they want to pay? Every second things are broken one more person who's playing thinks "Why am I paying for this?". If they're even remotely thinking these things it's not good at all. These changes could've avoided all this negative reaction if they where properly tested.
    It amazes me that they still do not understand that it takes a great deal to fix negative feeling than to reinforce positive feeling. Bad experience news spread faster than a good one. And judging from several threads in this forum, SoA is a bit lackluster, yes it is barely a week old, let's not be too harsh. But first impression is everything, and it is a lot tougher to recover from a bad first impression, at least they are listening (it seems like) - and hopefully more swift updates will happen to rectify these out of whack game mechanic. Your gut feeling is probably right though, if they are not reverting back - a lot of people may quit within the next few months, too late to regain them back. Though as we all know, they always come back, most of them do
    (3)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Most of the super casual players won't leave right away since Abyssea apparently is still not dead yet, if ever going to die anytime soon.

~they will start their exodus soon once they see the game is going to the forced grouping activities and no longer fun log and play. So far SoA is somewhat of a letdown, great little ideas on some things, but bad implementation on the bigger things. The old ways are not great, a lot of you probably won't want to go back to the old ways, as much as many still have rose tinted glass memories of how great it used to be.

Yes I agree with the sour milk analogy, you don't do big changes, you do small little changes gradually to ease up the transition. But perhaps it is their plan all along, a certain new game is around the corner, it bears the moniker of FF:ARR - maybe they want to move all the casuals there.

It's a bit too early to say SoA is a failure, I am sure they will do tons of little updates within the next month or two. They should realize this by now, all those dual triple quadruple boxers are bringing nice extra income, why mess up success formula. The hardcore are fickle, they consume the content in a very rapid pace then complaint it is too easy. They are better off catering to the casual corners who digest content very slow and too busy chatting and socializing.
    Forgive me for cutting up editing parts of your quote. I agree with what you're saying and just had to quote you. I couldn't bare the WALL-O-TEXT format you made.

Unfortunately, we won't know until it's too late. Everyone doesn't come here to post "I'm quitting" they just quit. With that in mind it's like a cancer that eats at the body until it becomes terminal and can't be fixed. You won't initially notice the damage until after the symptoms start showing up full force. Once that happens it's to late. This is the severe consequences for our lack of awareness.

Like I said these changes don't make me happy. They've made me step back to evaluate my future. I'm sure others reading this are thinking the same. We can't be fooled by blind faith. Look around. We need to ask others what they think before making the ultimate choices. If the majority doesn't like the direction these changes went then the developers need to adjust them fast. As with cancer if you don't catch it in time it'll kill you in a horrible way.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-03-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    SoA is a bit lackluster, yes it is barely a week old, let's not be too harsh.
    Bit rich coming from you...
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaall View Post
    Bit rich coming from you...
    A bitch quote coming from you...
    (1)