Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Jrc
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    What to stop RMT for gil; Make gil rare/ex, I dare you.
    I totally agree with this! Make gil only tradable between characters on the same account, or not tradable at all. Gil RMT problem solved!!! It would be no different than Ambuscade points, Nyzul tokens, Ichor, Silt, Plasm, etc.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I use 2FA and 30 to 80-character passwords for everything.
    Most places dont even let you enter passwords like that, nor is it really necessary if you h ave 2fa. long as the 2fa isn't just a 3-4 digit number or something like that, all the password really needs to do is exist- it can be pretty much anything, they're not getting in without the 2fa.
    (0)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Most places dont even let you enter passwords like that
    False. Most websites do allow for a password beyond 30 characters, especially when the account system is dealing with financial data.

nor is it really necessary if you h ave 2fa.
    I never said it is necessary, however...

long as the 2fa isn't just a 3-4 digit number or something like that, all the password really needs to do is exist- it can be pretty much anything, they're not getting in without the 2fa.
    2FA does not protect anyone from MITM phishing attacks - AKA, their own complacency that leads to a lax security mindset.

‘You can’t relax’: Here’s why 2-factor authentication may be hackable
    Chinese hacker group caught bypassing 2FA

Moreover, you're creating a red-herring. I will not respond again to that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neogon; 06-25-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it was Google that canceled its social network due to only one major exploit.
    ?? I was pretty sure google+ was killed because it was crap and nobody liked it, not because it had a security exploit. I personally didn't enjoy google trying to shove it down my throat and make me create a google+ profile every time I went to youtube or tried to play games on my phone.

False. Most websites do allow for a password beyond 30 characters, especially when the account system is dealing with financial data.
    Nearly every website I've ever used has a maximum password length less than 30 characters. Hell, my company's intranet only allows 8 characters (But they also make you change it constantly).

2FA does not protect anyone from MITM phishing attacks - AKA, their own complacency that leads to a lax security mindset.
    This is true, but if you can be compromised in this fashion, odds are they can get your password out of you as well (or force you to enter it for them)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-25-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    ?? I was pretty sure google+ was killed because it was crap and nobody liked it, not because it had a security exploit. I personally didn't enjoy google trying to shove it down my throat and make me create a google+ profile every time I went to youtube or tried to play games on my phone.

Nearly every website I've ever used has a maximum password length less than 30 characters. Hell, my company's intranet only allows 8 characters (But they also make you change it constantly).

This is true, but if you can be compromised in this fashion, odds are they can get your password out of you as well (or force you to enter it for them)
    You're welcome to find another means to contact me if you really want, and I'll respond to your inquiries further. However, I refuse to bite at red-herrings - AKA, off-topic responses.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    You're welcome to find another means to contact me if you really want, and I'll respond to your inquiries further. However, I refuse to bite at red-herrings - AKA, off-topic responses.
    You already responded right there. If you're bothered so much by "red herrings" (what?) then don't reply, and don't bring up other topics if you don't want anyone else to talk about them. The only way for you to end a conversation is to walk away- and not tell people you're doing it.

You brought those things up, so you've no one to blame but yourself if it's such a problem. This isn't even your thread, nor are you a moderator, so why do you feel like you get to make the rules?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-26-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What are you doing? You are taking action to combat RMT by punishing everyone else?

This is stupid, here is what you're doing:

You are punishing players, especially new players who have been returning because you give them no alternative to make money now. This is so stupid.

You are also encouraging the RMT to farm gil in other ways that are more annoying to the players, you aren't stopping RMT because the demand is still there.

They will now move to farming revies or currency in dynamis or whatever...this sucks, at least when they were farming sparks they did it out of the way of most others.

What on earth are you doing? This is terrible.
    You have dynamis, Salvage II, For gill, its not hard to do with sparks its PRE ILVL, Square did the right thing imagine if u sixbox? thats 6 mill gill, and less than a day yea no. I think they did the right thing but that's just my opinion.
    (1)

Player
    Not everyone wants to spend their limited playtime on gil making endeavors. They would like to actually be doing events with friends. Sparks was a nice easy way for people to not have to do those boring activities and still have some sort of income, or make a good amount of gil with minimal time invested. RMT were here from the start and will be here till the end, there's no changing that. You simply made it so they can sell gil they already are sitting on for a higher price and they will move on to doing something else to make gil. You could slow down the RMT and not hurt players so much with a higher cap though.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    Not everyone wants to spend their limited playtime on gil making endeavors. They would like to actually be doing events with friends.
    Gil making/farming is part of almost every single game in this genre. There aren't many games out there where you can NPC a load of items that you just bought from another NPC standing 15ft away.
    I seriously doubt people do stuff with friends ALL the time, so outside of that, is time to farm and make weapons. Otherwise, what else are you going to do?
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Gil making/farming is part of almost every single game in this genre.
    I mean, it is, but the games don't usually directly revolve around it, you just make money by doing the contents of the game, not by explicitly grinding out money with no other purpose in mind.

Until Sparks came along, this was mostly true of FFXI as well, since the game gave out almost no gil by fighting regular enemies with few exceptions.
    (1)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast