Page 241 of 297 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2962
    Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Add a small XP boost for grouping up for xp, right now players are punished for grouping.

Why on earth would you do this.
    There is a small XP boost for grouping up. For example, if you kill a monster solo, you'll get 100% XP. If you grab one other person, that's 120% spread across two players. at a 6man party, it's 210% spread across the party. Once you're in an alliance though it goes static at 180% /members.

Since the game has potpourri, I doubt they'd be willing to break xp gain completely by letting it be totally copied across party members.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Add a small XP boost for grouping up for xp, right now players are punished for grouping.

Why on earth would you do this.
    Well prior to Trusts, this was because killing monsters is much easier with more people vs less, so the exp is divided among the players. But to incentivize grouping, the base value of XP before the division is increased, so that more total EXP is awarded per monster killed.

Since the advent of trusts, this isn't *as* true, but it's still a lot more eficient to grind with a party of active players vs. using trusts. So the formula should be revised, but there is a reason behind how it's set up.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well prior to Trusts, this was because killing monsters is much easier with more people vs less, so the exp is divided among the players. But to incentivize grouping, the base value of XP before the division is increased, so that more total EXP is awarded per monster killed.

Since the advent of trusts, this isn't *as* true, but it's still a lot more eficient to grind with a party of active players vs. using trusts. So the formula should be revised, but there is a reason behind how it's set up.
    IMO they should just eliminate the effective exp penalty and give you the same exp (based on the highest level in the party, as current) whether you're solo, have trusts, or partying with other players. I guess an argument could be made for keeping an effective penalty in an alliance setting but I'm not sure how necessary that would be.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    IMO they should just eliminate the effective exp penalty and give you the same exp (based on the highest level in the party, as current) whether you're solo, have trusts, or partying with other players. I guess an argument could be made for keeping an effective penalty in an alliance setting but I'm not sure how necessary that would be.
    That penalty was made because the intention of alliances was for clearing difficult content, not for grinding. They didn't want to create an expectation that you had to get a huge group of people to get the best EXP.
    (1)

That penalty was made because the intention of alliances was for clearing difficult content, not for grinding. They didn't want to create an expectation that you had to get a huge group of people to get the best EXP.
    Right, but how much of a concern is that for the current state of the game?
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Right, but how much of a concern is that for the current state of the game?
    Well, I kinda can't believe I'm saying this, but it would make the bots a certain someone is posting a million reports about a lot more efficient at their grinding.
    (1)

Player
    Well, I kinda can't believe I'm saying this, but it would make the bots a certain someone is posting a million reports about a lot more efficient at their grinding.
    bots don't grind for xp, they grind for sparks. they manipulate level sync so they don't get much xp in the first place, and indeed like it that way.
    (1)

Player
    bots don't grind for xp, they grind for sparks. they manipulate level sync so they don't get much xp in the first place, and indeed like it that way.
    You've never tried to fight apex mobs before? People are always complaining bots have pushed them out of being able to on asura.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    You've never tried to fight apex mobs before? People are always complaining bots have pushed them out of being able to on asura.
    That really doesn't have anything to do with the conversation. We're talking about gaining exp in alliances.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Player
    Yes. And if there was an exp bonus in an alliance then what would happen to the bots fighting apex mobs? It would be interesting to see if that would increase or decrease the bots grinding. Increase to get max xp bonus or decrease since 1 party could kill for the alliance while rest leech.
    (0)

Page 241 of 297 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 ... LastLast