Thread: New Black Belt

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    5 mins at the AH doesn't buy you a spot into legion... or put you into anyspot to fight delve monsters.. yep real powerhouses by skilled players standards..
    The guy implied that having a BB doesn't mean that you are a good monk, but having a R/M/E and eva / pdt- set does. I have an eva/PDT- set and enough gil to build a relic or on my mule (monk level 1). Skillz yo!

Legion is largely irrelevant and I'm not sure what delve has to do with this either...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    I guess thats where oat makes the difference you know?
    oat + capped guard = 649
    Right but that's Oats, my point was that adding Guard skill to the new Black Belt wouldn't do anything unless it was a large number itself. I don't know that Guard even accounts for much in the case of NMs like Tojil, I never go as MNK for them, only RDM, but if it does then the Guard skill would still have no real effect. If you do not Guard often on something like Tojil even with Oats though, then it could have a use so long as the Guard amount is high enough, but since there is no item level on it, I doubt it will get such a high level of skill on it.
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Right but that's Oats, my point was that adding Guard skill to the new Black Belt wouldn't do anything unless it was a large number itself. I don't know that Guard even accounts for much in the case of NMs like Tojil, I never go as MNK for them, only RDM, but if it does then the Guard skill would still have no real effect. If you do not Guard often on something like Tojil even with Oats though, then it could have a use so long as the Guard amount is high enough, but since there is no item level on it, I doubt it will get such a high level of skill on it.
    tbh i never wanted to Guard Tank Tojil so i'm fine if this wont happen even if SE consider some or all of my upgrade ideas!
    i guess we get 1 or more suprises as soon the other "Nakuals" or whatever the ar called coming out with new shiny equip and we ar missing 2 Delve boss NMs if i'm correct just had to catch up in SoA still working on a lot quests but i have to agree just took a look at my guard it sucks now but still happen !
    (0)

Player
    No matter if its Tojil you want to fight or not, Guard skill itself has to be given in a high enough amount on Black Belt for it to change things enough to matter. If I cap rate already fighting Fluffy Sheep outside of Adoulin in Ceizak, then the Belt does nothing for me no matter how much skill it has so far as guarding goes, I cap already. At the same time, if I'm fighting Tojil, and I have a floored rate for guarding, and it gives me 10 skill which does not change my floored rate, then again, it does nothing for my guarding. Now if it gives 100 Guarding, that could make the difference between a floored, like, 5% rate, or a nice 20~30% rate. The thing was if its to small a number, the guard will not be any sort of deciding factor in its use really. :x
    (1)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    No matter if its Tojil you want to fight or not, Guard skill itself has to be given in a high enough amount on Black Belt for it to change things enough to matter. If I cap rate already fighting Fluffy Sheep outside of Adoulin in Ceizak, then the Belt does nothing for me no matter how much skill it has so far as guarding goes, I cap already. At the same time, if I'm fighting Tojil, and I have a floored rate for guarding, and it gives me 10 skill which does not change my floored rate, then again, it does nothing for my guarding. Now if it gives 100 Guarding, that could make the difference between a floored, like, 5% rate, or a nice 20~30% rate. The thing was if its to small a number, the guard will not be any sort of deciding factor in its use really. :x
    with all the insane gear around i dont mind having +100 or even +200 Guard on this belt or a 10-20%+ counter or 5-10% Martial Arts or even DMG tagen-10% instead of -5% phys its all open i'm just saying i want the usually MNK stats on it even Kick Attacks !
    (0)

Player
    I agree with you, I am just trying to point out why I think it will still end up messing up. Like I said, its not an item level piece of gear because its an accessory, so while I am sure it will be powerful, I doubt it will be on par with other Adoulin gear so far as how strong it is on stats, be it guard skill, STR, or so on. Its for that reason I think MNK specific stats like MA, KA, Counter, Guard, and PDT, are not going to cut it, and why they have to add on something like Triple or Quad Attack for it to be a competitive piece again for the job.

By all means, if they can make it good and worth using while at the same time keeping it true to MNK, with mostly MNK specific stats like those listed, then I would be more than happy to have that, but I just don't see those stats making it good enough to truly be great, or above Windbuffet.
    (0)

Character
    Danita
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Here is the belt that every monk would love, that would inspire many to acquire it, and which fits with the themes of our job.

Change Defense 7 to: 70.
    Change Physical Damage Taken -5% to: Damage Taken -5%.
    Change Subtle Blow +5 to: Counter +5
    Change Haste +12% to: Quick Strike +12% (12% chance that next combat round delay is as if we have 100 fists active)
    Change STR +7 to: Enhances Kick Attacks (Treats kicks as if we are equipping kick boots with a D = main weapon)

So final stats:
    Black Belt Def: 70
    Damage Taken -5%
    Counter +5
    Quick Strike +12%
    Enhances Kick Attacks
    (2)

Player
    Yep, that would do the trick.
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Danita View Post
    Here is the belt that every monk would love, that would inspire many to acquire it, and which fits with the themes of our job.

Change Defense 7 to: 70.
    Change Physical Damage Taken -5% to: Damage Taken -5%.
    Change Subtle Blow +5 to: Counter +5
    Change Haste +12% to: Quick Strike +12% (12% chance that next combat round delay is as if we have 100 fists active)
    Change STR +7 to: Enhances Kick Attacks (Treats kicks as if we are equipping kick boots with a D = main weapon)

So final stats:
    Black Belt Def: 70
    Damage Taken -5%
    Counter +5
    Quick Strike +12%
    Enhances Kick Attacks
    looks nice but i'm guessing about another high value for H2H skill maybe ?
    (0)

Player
    You mean a stat that makes you instantly attack again after your current attack round? Wouldn't that just be more or less Triple Attack/Double Attack+12?
    (0)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast