Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Trust NPC Contest allows "any" NPC: does this include Siren? Shadow Lord? Bahamut?

Can we get clarification on what kinds of NPCs could win this contest?

Siren, Shadow Lord, and Bahamut speak as NPCs in several cutscenes. Would they be allowed?

Or does it have to be something along the lines of the 5 races, beastmen, and lowly creatures like Daisuke the Leafkin?

Edit: link to contest rules for reference: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...27/detail.html
    (0)

Player
    I'd say that Bahamut and SL are probably out based on size. They are "physically" huge and shrinking them down to player size would probably go against design guidelines even if they are eligible for the contest otherwise. Personally, I wouldn't want either of them to win because of the lore issues and it seems like a huge waste to use them for a non-combat trust. (It IS specified that it will be a non-combat/GEO trust w/ two aura effects.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    I can't really think of any NPC I would like to have as another Trust, especially since all the FF11's princesses are here and makes me super happy. It's like having a super famous harem party. XD

But... if I gotta pick, it's gotta be Shadow Lord though, or at least his original persona, Raogrimm.

Also, it seems like the contest also points out that you can pick previously released Trust, but on different role such as auto attacks, magic, abilities, or weapon skills (which I'm quoting from campaign page). We do have 3 different incarnation of Shantoto trusts & many of doubles.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    I can't really think of any NPC I would like to have as another Trust, especially since all the FF11's princesses are here and makes me super happy. It's like having a super famous harem party. XD

But... if I gotta pick, it's gotta be Shadow Lord though, or at least his original persona, Raogrimm.

Also, it seems like the contest also points out that you can pick previously released Trust, but on different role such as auto attacks, magic, abilities, or weapon skills (which I'm quoting from campaign page). We do have 3 different incarnation of Shantoto trusts & many of doubles.
    It specifically explains that it will be a non-combat trust with two spheres/auras, similar to Sakura.
    Quote Originally Posted by POL Front Page
    Please fill out the entry form with the following required information.
    - Character Name
    - World Name
    - NPC you would like to see as an alter ego
    * When entering the NPC's name, please remove any special characters, hyphens, spaces, and apostrophes.
    Examples:
     Iron Eater: IronEater
     Yoran-Oran: YoranOran
    - Two Sphere effect suggestions
    * Please select from the attributes that are available as of May 16, 2017. Please use the exact official language used in the help text for the item, magic effect, or job traits. Also, please do not include any additional information such as effect values.
    Examples:
     "Treasure Hunter"+ will be accepted, but TH+ will not
     "Magic Damage" will be accepted, but "Damage increase for magic spells" will not
     "Magic Burst II damage +" will be accepted, but "Magic Burst II damage +4" will not
    - One (1) entry per Square Enix account. If multiple entries are submitted, only the last entry submitted will be accepted.
    So, while "doubles" would be allowed, their normal abilities won't matter. (Should note that if it was a double, you can't use both at the same time.. YO(UC) could not be used at the same time as a new YO. The only exception to this is Domina Shantotto since she's technically a different character than normal Shantottos.)

The winning submission will do nothing but stand around and give you the sphere effect.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Does bard falls into non combat? IIRC Raogrimm was originally a bard, no?
    (0)

Player
    Does bard falls into non combat? IIRC Raogrimm was originally a bard, no?
    Bards do not qualify as non-combat. Ulmia and Joachim are both able take damage (and Joachim actually does do ranged attacks.) Non-combat trusts are ones like Sakura, Star Sybil, Moogle, etc. Ones that literally do nothing other than grant the effect of their respective spheres/auras.
    (0)

Player
    i c. that's too bad then... ^^;
    (0)

Player
    i c. that's too bad then... ^^;
    Doesn't mean that they are not eligible, only that they would not cast songs and again, do nothing but stand around with an aura/sphere.

EDIT: Correction. "Doubles" are not be eligible according to the FP broadcast summary on JPside. They are looking for NPCs that have not already been made into Trusts. Also, it will only be usable for 9 months (15 game years)... I'm not liking this now. -_-
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-18-2017 at 11:39 PM.