Page 229 of 297 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2962
    Player
    Add additional unannounced in notes rare drops to new content (for instance ody bosses), I'm talking really rare. Like 0.1%

One of the biggest empty feelings to a serious endgame player is to know you've capped out content, even if the drop rate is awful it will given a reason to keep doing it or a reason to be excited to see a loot drop from it when killing for mundane points (even if it's a pipe dream to get it).

I know some players will think they hate this suggestion, but in reality they won't. Almost all of us did content for years to get that random rare drops and it's always better to have a "mountain left to climb" than all "mountains climbed". Even Dyna D had it, with the rare armor drops.

FFXI needs rare additional drops added back into the game, everything is so obtainable and predictable these days. Heck they don't even need to be newly made items, you could add those lottery weapons as uber rare drops to content.

I saw a wow player a few days ago get a really rare mount, something he had been after for years and he was so happy.

The game needs DEFENDINNNGNG RINNG moments again.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Like 0.1%
    no thanks, i'm done chasing infentesimal drop rates
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The game needs DEFENDINNNGNG RINNG moments again.
    No, it doesn't.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And I don't mean to suggest there isn't any thrill in finally getting a rare drop. But the process of getting there gets old quick, and somebody who has a lot more luck than you might do something once and get it and you'll be trying it for weeks and never get it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    no thanks, i'm done chasing infentesimal drop rates
    That's ok, it's not meant for you. Or me for that matter. We are too casual now.

There are people who are still pretty hardcore into this game, they need this kind of thing. I know because years ago I was like that, and I did VW and HNM for years to get that ONE item and I kept on doing it over and over again and I was really driven. If there was no reason to do it, I would of stopped and sat in town complaining there isn't anything to do.

If your answer is "no" then this isn't for you and that .01% gear drop isn't for you to get anyway.
    (1)

Player
    They way I play any game now is, show me the rewards and I will do the content for those rewards. If the content has uber rare reward, I don't care about it because I just cba.

5 years ago, I would be all in on getting that rare drop and a lot of people like that are still playing. I would grind out the rewards and then need a reason to keep doing it because I had nothing else to do in the game (but wanted to keep playing), so I chased that .01% drop that filtered all the casuals. When I got that reward, I would know I had something very few others on the server had because of how rare it was and that meant a lot. Then I picked something else with a low drop rate to chase, cause that's just how we work.

I camped Nidhogg for over 2 years, to get Heca pants. They are so rare I never actually got them from him. I still wanted them and it still drove me to do the content.

We have a lot of hardcore players that have nothing to do, they cannot make content fast enough to keep them happy. Uber rare drops would achieve this, RNG is better than grind because every kill is exciting. Cause maybe today will be the day!

There were people that capped out on DynaD pretty quick, they kept doing it because they wanted the Volte rare armor drops. All content needs this kind of loot, the stuff that isn't meant for normal players.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-28-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Odyssey needs a porter moogle.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    ... I'm talking really rare. Like 0.1% ...
    What we are getting into here is actually a philosophical position.

For me, getting ultra-rare items, or ultra-rare augments, isn't about the time-sink / grind aspect, which I personally enjoy, it is a philosophical position.

When I saw my first Maat's Cap in 2005, on Remora, I was in awe of the person wearing it. They were godly to me. I looked up to them. I understood that they worked harder than me, worked longer than me, and they were better at Gaming than me.

They were the Elite. I felt proud just to see them in action. It is a special memory, that I treasure to this day.

A different person, seeing that same Maat's Cap in 2005, might feel jealous. They might say, "it is not fair!" They might cry and complain to SE about how unfair it all is.

This is a philosophical chasm, which not only divides Gamers, it also divides society and culture and politics. Some people are better at things, work harder at things, and deserve to be considered Elite.

Some other people think it is just not fair, everybody should have the exact same rewards, with as little effort as possible.

I was born disabled, and I walk around on two metal legs. Just like my Automaton! But I don't think it is unfair. I work very hard in real life.

And I am proud of the "All Songs +2" augment I got on my Linos. It took me four years to get that augment.

Other people might get that same augment in just five minutes. But I don't think that is unfair.

It is just random luck. Same as random luck 0.1% drop rates.

I think there should be more wandering / lottery pop NMs in Vana'diel, which drop exotic fun RA-EX gear, 0.1% drop rate, gear that RMT have no interest in botting.

Ultra-rare, exotic fun gear you can wear just because you like it, and it makes you feel lucky.

I especially hope for more new Goblin NMs.

(2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 04-30-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The Mog Bonanza is there for people who "feel lucky."

I don't mind rare items, if they aren't important/critical. But I think any super rare item should be a vanity thing and not something that has valuable stats, thus allowing me to chase after them if I really want to but don't feel obligated to camp for it every day for years in the vain hope I might actually get it because I need it to be the best.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The Mog Bonanza is there for people who "feel lucky."

I don't mind rare items, if they aren't important/critical. But I think any super rare item should be a vanity thing and not something that has valuable stats, thus allowing me to chase after them if I really want to but don't feel obligated to camp for it every day for years in the vain hope I might actually get it because I need it to be the best.
    Then just to see it become irrelevant in about 6 months
    (0)

Page 229 of 297 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast