Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    All the upgrade does is enhance your own melee properties, not the thing we actually made the staff for.
    Nuh uh. It ups your magic dmg and macc skill for better nuking too!
    (2)

Heh, you're right, completely slipped my mind that bit.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Shirai, don't you know? This is obviously what Nirvana was meant to do. All you mythic SMNs have just been playing the game wrong.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Shirai, don't you know? This is obviously what Nirvana was meant to do. All you mythic SMNs have just been playing the game wrong.
    Rydia agrees.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Rydia agrees.
    Stupid, sexy [grown up] Rydia.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While it sucks Nirvana did not get a buff the the Avatar stats or BP damage, we have to admit it's a pretty sick stick still. Just be glad they didn't make an Aeonic summoner only staff that outclasses Nirvana.

If the ilvl updates is any indication, breaking out the actual modifier into a number is usually a precursor to an upgrade.

A lot of the empy gear had vague 'enhance x stat' that got broken out into a number on the 109 before being buffed on 119, though there are exceptions. IIRC a few gear pieces had their stats boosted slightlly on ilvl 109 over their 99 counterparts, but by an large, most 109 gear simply stated the ilvl 99 enhance X buff in numerical format with the stats getting an actual upgrade on the i119 version.

I am actually upgrading my Nirvana over Yagrush because I do think the tier IV ilvl 119 r/m/e upgrades for when the Aeonics are finally finished (the aeonics still aren't finished right?) or the next serious ilvl increase will see a major stat boost to Nirvana so I want to get the grindy part over with.

I feel like the next upgrade will be relatively painless , though it could be costly.

In the mean time, I want to lobby Square-Enix and to bring to their attention the various 'broken' bits of our Job. Things that have been left unfinished. We need a buff to our 1200 Job Point bonus and scaling out our old Avatar bloodpact ward pacts (pre level cap increase pacts) as I find myself in situations wanting to use them then realizing how crappy then are.

Fenrir with properly scaled ward effects would be really nice to have again.

Further more, there are a lot of existing bloodpacts and mechanics that could be improved

How about add a malus effect to Avatar's favour that's the opposite of their aura to make Summoner's an alternative to Geomancers, though obviously not truly replacing them. Garuda with a -25 evasion aura would be nice

Or fix the Shiva Diamondstorm and make it a -25% to evasion rather than the current -25 eva that's easily resisted by high ilvl mobs ; it's an underpowered ward effect that was a recent addition.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 03-28-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2