Thread: Walk of Echoes

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Wow, why the fuck was I not notified of this before? I need to do more research, apparently...I'm still cynical that this update to WoE will change much, though. As is, I only see one person idling in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    I made (5) Gimpyreans way before Emps became mainstream and guess what? I'd like to finish them. At the current rates this would cost me nearly 75M gil for the inferior version of the Empyreans.

Ridiculous.
    Well, considering that you did them before emps became easier to do the WoE weapons, I'll let this slide...
    (0)

With tomorrow’s test server update we will be implementing the below changes to Walk of Echoes:
    • Reduction of damage received by boss AoE attacks
    • Elimination of the wait time associated with the key item “Kupofried’s Medallion.”
    • Players will be given temporary items upon entry to Walks.

In addition to the above, we are also making final adjustments to the skill increase system that is already on the test server and planning to implement them in the version update slated for the end of March.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Greetings!

I have some feedback in regards to some questions and requests being talked about on the JP side.

Any word on additional Walks?
    There are quite a few things to test and prepare for bonus Walks, but we are planning to add them around summer.

Can you make it possible to obtain “Kupofried’s Medallion” without having to change areas?
    The reason why we made it necessary to change areas to receive Kupofried’s Medallion was to avoid making it impossible for players to enter the area in the event that the limit has been reached with players and pets, as well as having players remove their temporary effects to challenge the next battle.

While in actuality it is pretty rare to reach these numbers and the temporary effects are not that long, we understand that it might be somewhat boring to have to do this, but please understand that this was created as a safety net. With this rule in place, it has become easier to implement adjustments.

Reduce the weakness timer to one minute, just like Besieged.
    The thinking behind Besieged and Walk of Echoes are different. To give a quick break down:

【Besieged】A battle royal between many vs. many
    【Walk of Echoes】Boss battle

As a result, each content has been given a system that is fitting: Besieged has a shortened weakness timer of one minute and Walk of Echoes has auto-reraise.

In the case that we were to reduce the weakness for Walk of Echoes, the play style as well would be changed, so we would like to put this off for now.

Make it possible to check how many people are in a specific Walk easily, similar to Limbus.
    Is this request asking to be able to check the conditions for each Walk at once? This could be used for bonus Walks in the future and I think it would be convenient. There might be some difficulties actually consolidating all the information for each individual conflux, but we will look into whether there is a good method for doing so.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

In the case that we were to reduce the weakness for Walk of Echoes, the play style as well would be changed, so we would like to put this off for now.
    I'll be honest, I haven't done any WoE since the patch where auto reraise was implemented, so if this isn't how things are done anymore (assuming people still actually do WoE) I'll shut up. However, back then I remember it as nothing more than a zombie fest. You died? Get back up and fight during weakness. Oh, you died again? Whatever, just keep fighting..

The only thing that would change by reducing the time for weakness is that people might actually have a real shot to unweaken during the fight.
    (4)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    I'll be honest, I haven't done any WoE since the patch where auto reraise was implemented, so if this isn't how things are done anymore (assuming people still actually do WoE) I'll shut up. However, back then I remember it as nothing more than a zombie fest. You died? Get back up and fight during weakness. Oh, you died again? Whatever, just keep fighting..

The only thing that would change by reducing the time for weakness is that people might actually have a real shot to unweaken during the fight.
    I can aussure you we do WoE. Around 80-100 Players every Day (JST Prime). And Most Players won't fight Weakened. Considdering you can stay alive if not as many Summoners (Fulltime Meeling Avatars are TP feed) are there... its fun ^^;
    (2)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Avatars feed less TP than a melee. What is it with you with SMN avatar hate?
    (1)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Is there any chance/plans/talks about making besieged happen a little more frequently?

It seems like since the new Voidwatch and people killing mobs and NMs in the ToAU zones while they wait on VW alliance members in those zones might be making the enemy forces "Training" periods extend, which would make besieged happen a lot less.

I have kept an eye on the enemy forces for quite a while today, and none of the 3 zones have went up at all in their training session, but arrapago reef has been sitting at 85 for most of the day, but has actually went down to 83 in the past hour alone.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Make it possible to check how many people are in a specific Walk easily, similar to Limbus.
    Is this request asking to be able to check the conditions for each Walk at once? This could be used for bonus Walks in the future and I think it would be convenient. There might be some difficulties actually consolidating all the information for each individual conflux, but we will look into whether there is a good method for doing so.
    Could just make the flux you use for exiting the area act as a source of consolidated information on the current # of participants in each flux, along with the time remaining/progress.

Beats wasting 3 minutes running between all of the 16 some flux to see only one of them is active.

One other thing I wouldn't mind is the addition of a temporary item that's used to exit the current flux quickly, like the Fireflies series of items used in Assaults and Salvage. Flux #7 is a whole two minute trek from top to bottom for instance, and it would be nice not having to run that, or waste 5 minutes waiting to get booted out normally.
    (1)

Player
    Put a portal near where the boss spawns in every WoE zone so that after we win, we don't need to spend 7 minutes running back downstairs to leave >_>

Seriously why are some of these flux zones so freaking huge?
    (2)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Avatars feed less TP than a melee. What is it with you with SMN avatar hate?
    You tell me 20 Avatars that fulltime meele are ANY use? they Cant keep hate they do next to no Dmg, they are useless. You are better off cureing a Pld for that mp.

Besides a Meele does DMG while Meeling an Avatar does nothing but feed tp and a bp every 45 sec (lol45 sec). if the Sumoners just BPed every 45 sec that would be good. Guess what they don't. Rather keep Garuda out. You could have 20 Rdms Meeleing that would be as usefull.
    (2)
    Last edited by Eri; 04-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast