Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sephina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Tidal Talisman - Request

I've seen a few people with the Tidal Talisman, more lately with players returning with the release of SoA. I looked it up when I first saw one and I know it was a limited time sale and the note that it was the only release. But I'm throwing this request out there since people like myself would really like another chance or in some cases a first chance.

I think it would be a great idea to help celebrate the 11th Vana'versary of Final Fantasy 11, to sell this item again with the in-game code. (I know we have Voidwatch warps and various other ways to get around but still... it's a neat item.^^)

Please consider this request. Thank you.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not going to happen, it was an exclusive reward for players who bought the actual tidal talisman jewelry from the SE store.

Games do this all the time these days, and if you miss it you miss it.

How would you like it if you bought the collectors edition of a game because it offered some exclusive item as an incentive, then later after the colelctors edition is discontinued, they offer it agian, making your exclusive reward not so exclusive anymore? Basically, it breaks a promise.
    (6)

Player
    The almighty dollar trumps all. If enough people are willing to spend (MOREMOREMORE) real money on it, and enough (say) they will, they'll probably do it again.
    (3)

Character
    Sephina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Not going to happen, it was an exclusive reward for players who bought the actual tidal talisman jewelry from the SE store.

How would you like it if you bought the collectors edition of a game because it offered some exclusive item as an incentive, then later after the colelctors edition is discontinued, they offer it agian, making your exclusive reward not so exclusive anymore? Basically, it breaks a promise.
    They do that now, it's called pre-ordering a game with exclusive DLC. Then a few months later they release all the exclusive DLC for download. Look at FFXIII-2, all the pre-order bonuses are now just available for downloads for a price. I pre-ordered the game, 2 copies actually, to get the pre-order bonuses I wanted than they just added them later. Actually it didn't bother me at all because it was my decision to pre-order 2 copies and I think people who:

[A] Couldn't afford it at the time.
    or [B] Had some other reason not be able to play.

It shouldn't matter. These games are to be enjoyed to their fullest why punish people who play to collect because for the above reasons. They are bringing back other items that used to be only gotten one way.

Heck when I started playing I ran into a person with a Moogle Cap that helped me out, when I asked "Where did you get that?" They replied, "It doesn't matter because you'll never be able to get one." I was thrilled when they released the Key Chains that had it and I bought one.

Besides the money we spend helps the games we love. If people are worried about their Tidal Talisman not being 'exclusive' anymore. Look at the Nomad Cap vs Moogle Cap. Can also make a new Tidal Talisman call it some else, change the color a little bit or the look a little, and give it same effect. Would still be just as nice to have in my opinion.
    (2)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

I suggest a Camembert to go with that whine.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They do that now, it's called pre-ordering a game with exclusive DLC. Then a few months later they release all the exclusive DLC for download. Look at FFXIII-2, all the pre-order bonuses are now just available for downloads for a price.
    that doesn't mean its an okay practice. if its stated to be exclusive it should be exclusive.

I suggest a Camembert to go with that whine.
    I don't have a TT and i don't care who has one. the OP is the one who needs the right kind of cheese.

It shouldn't matter. These games are to be enjoyed to their fullest why punish people who play to collect because for the above reasons. They are bringing back other items that used to be only gotten one way.
    If you play to collect you should have been watching for stuff like this when it came out.

Heaven forbid an item promised as exclusive actually stays exclusive.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    There were supposed to be more items and they never followed through. Personally, I think we should still be able to buy lawn darts, yeah they were dangerous and they killed a few kids, but I wasn't around in the 70's, so I never got the pleasure of throwing a lawn dart at a friend and him throwing it back at me.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    If you play to collect you should have been watching for stuff like this when it came out.

Heaven forbid an item promised as exclusive actually stays exclusive.
    If you play to collect, collect something in real life, not something in a game, nothing in a game should be exclusive, in my opinion its stupid BS.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    If you play to collect, collect something in real life, not something in a game, nothing in a game should be exclusive, in my opinion its stupid BS.
    Well, in this case, the ingame item is a bonus that came with a real life item
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    in b4 lawn darts become available for purchase in Jeuno from unscrupulous Goblin merchants. Also, in b4 the Duchy of Jeuno outlaws the sale of lawn darts for the purposes of gambling.

Hey Al, are you only against this idea because you bought one of those talismans and don't want anyone else to have the ingame item lest your snowflake lose some luster?
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast