Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    The ring is only one bonus among several that are no longer available.

And sheesh, apparently the community has degraded quite a bit as well. You people are sensitive.
    Ha wow. You just got some good advice. Lighten up.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The ring isn't so great that it should turn one off from even playing again. It lasts all of 10 minutes before it wears off and then you're waiting nearly 2 hours to use it again.
    If you got them on mules, you can swap them out to circumvent the 2 hour timer. that's also aside the fact that you can still use the Capacity Ring while the other ring is down. It's still a permanent advantage, and breaks with the prior trend of offering limited-use boost items for the appreciation campaign. I would have been less bothered if that was the case. It's a fairness issue- They have even in the past had return home campaigns that gave the returning players the EXP ring from the previous appreciation event. So why didn't they do it this time?

it might not seem like a big deal to you, but it's the principle of the thing- it's simply unfair to returning players. I don't even know if there will ever be another oppertunity to obtain this ring, because events may well cease with the major content updates (Perhaps a community rep could clarify if the seasonal events will continue?)
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There was just a second opportunity to get one, and there will probably be more after. Basically any time you get a red pell you can get it.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you got them on mules, you can swap them out to circumvent the 2 hour timer. that's also aside the fact that you can still use the Capacity Ring while the other ring is down. It's still a permanent advantage, and breaks with the prior trend of offering limited-use boost items for the appreciation campaign. I would have been less bothered if that was the case. It's a fairness issue- They have even in the past had return home campaigns that gave the returning players the EXP ring from the previous appreciation event. So why didn't they do it this time?

it might not seem like a big deal to you, but it's the principle of the thing- it's simply unfair to returning players. I don't even know if there will ever be another oppertunity to obtain this ring, because events may well cease with the major content updates (Perhaps a community rep could clarify if the seasonal events will continue?)
    At that point you will say that anything is unfair since you've been gone. Sorry but people who subscribed come first over people who hop on for freebie time and then quit fast when its over.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    At that point you will say that anything is unfair since you've been gone. Sorry but people who subscribed come first over people who hop on for freebie time and then quit fast when its over.
    I might stay longer than freebie time if SE was fair to its playerbase. And I'm saying it's unfair because it IS. They're giving rather poor incentive for players to return.

So what you're telling me is, "#(%# you all non-currently-subscribing players, we don't want you here!"

My complaint is legitimate and I stand by it. Players who come back should be on a level playing field.

There was just a second opportunity to get one, and there will probably be more after. Basically any time you get a red pell you can get it.
    Didn't know about the red pell thing til after it happened and I didn't even know what the ring was until after I started the game up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-18-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    How is it unfair? It's been like that since this game started, seasonal events which is where the ring came from (the anniversary.) The red mog pell included it but also included a lot of other items that were desirable. It was most likely a ploy to get people to sub just for the eligibility to get it, just like any other game or company does to bring in revenue. I don't see whats unfair here, especially considering this ring isn't that special. Yes you could have stored a bunch but that means you would have to keep going back to a dbox to get it, which would drastically lower your exp/hr considering how fast you get it now.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    How is it unfair? It's been like that since this game started, seasonal events which is where the ring came from (the anniversary.) The red mog pell included it but also included a lot of other items that were desirable. It was most likely a ploy to get people to sub just for the eligibility to get it, just like any other game or company does to bring in revenue. I don't see whats unfair here, especially considering this ring isn't that special. Yes you could have stored a bunch but that means you would have to keep going back to a dbox to get it, which would drastically lower your exp/hr considering how fast you get it now.
    It actually hasn't been like that since the game started- As I stated previously, there have been cases where returning players were given the anniversary rings after the fact. They could have easily done that this time as well.

The ploy wasn't all that strong considering they listed a bunch of rings and items and didn't tell you what they did. some of the items were familiar but not all.

It irks me because the previous rings have all been temporary while this one is permanent and doesnt run out of charges.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-18-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Them rings with unlimited charges that give you exp and job points where gotten during one of the free weeks, I have both of them I don't know what you guys are arguing about.

Free weeks always seem to happen during major updates. Which is kinda nice cause even though we don't pay a sub anymore a lot of us old players still did pay them a lot of money in subs in the past and bought all those expansions so its nice that they less us play to do the new content.

Since half way through Seekers I pretty much only played during the free weeks, which is enough time to get all the story missions done in a couple hours and then you really have no other content to do that is the problem with FFXI. I got 1 set of 119 armor by soloing some ark angles I have no desire to grind more 119 sets that have pretty much the same stats more or less.

I think SE did a good job with 14 I can't seem to run out of stuff to do on there. With the Legacy sub on the 6 month plan its only $7.99 a month for 40 character slots. Compare that to FFXI which is still $12.99 + $1 per each additional slot. So why does FFXI cost more again? My whole FC on FFXIV pretty much are all former FFXI players we had the same linkshell so obviously SE did something right to get back their former FFXI players to play 14. They actually have the #2 sub mmo with 14 behind wow so they are doing something right. Seems to be a lot of hate toward the game from a lot of FFXI only players. If you play it a lot with your friends 14 can be a really fun game.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zumi; 08-18-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Except it isn't fun for everyone, its pretty much a WoW clone with FF skin. It has 0 similarities to how FFXI plays or how the item progression was (and is for most things.) I don't know how you run out of things to do when there's 22 jobs and no not all equipment is more or less the same. There are very nice pieces of gear that can make a difference between winning something and not. XIV there's a lot to do? Spam the same 4 dungeons each week to cap tokens using the same combo over and over(at least in XI you can vary it with SC's and spells), then do alex if you can find a competent group and then... what? Do PvP? ha!

All of that grinding and then in the new few major patches its all reset and you can restart on that treadmill. You can't even play multiple jobs to end game things like Alex savage or you gimp your team because you must be forced into one job you spend your tokens on. In FFXI you can play any of the 22 jobs and its much easier to gear them and just play them. You can do things unconventionally (low man delve, soloing certain BCNMs, crazy builds to mess around with like NIN MAB or WHM holy sets, different setups for content) whereas in FFXIV you are stuck to the holy trinity of tank DPS healer.

You pretty much sound like a XIV purist so I won't bother getting into a huge debate with you but your post is so wrong. Most XI players went to XIV because its popular and has pretty graphics with FF related nostalgia, and also because SE gave up on XI. Also just because something is popular doesn't make it "good." Look at how many people bashed WoW when FFXI was in its glory days, those same players are playing a clone of it lol. A lot of people quit all the time in XIV, and regardless if theres people to play with (can't do much with them unless they are in your savage group, no FC content etc.) the community is horrid in there.
    (4)
    Last edited by Draylo-; 08-18-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billnes View Post
    Would it make sense to do a cost-benefit analysis on buying broken PS2 Dev Tools in order make an attempt to have some spare parts on hand? In the YT video I saw, the voice over said that a lot of Dev Tools break because they were handled improperly during shipping. I don't know myself: How hard would it be to repair a cracked circuit board? I was under the impression that if the pathways aren't too tiny, there are methods for removing small areas of varnish from a circuit board, re-soldering the circuit and putting back new varnish. What about removing existing components from a broken board, manufacturing a new board and re-soldering the components to the recreated board?
    Old single-layer double-sided breadboards, maybe. Current circuit boards, no. A cracked board is dead. They are multiple layers, and cannot be repairs, just melted down and remade by the robot that makes them in the factory, if one was still in operation, which they aren't. Components are much to small to desolder and resolder by hand quickly or reliably without a robot built to do so. Even that would assume you could diagnose which component was dead from a non-booting board, and that it was worth the time to pay someone to do so. Humans don't do this work anymore, it's at too small of a size.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast