Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Also add another way to store gear, weapons, event items, etc... and remove the Storage Slip system. As it stands you need a storage slip to store the storage slips, lol. I'm not sure this would be accomplished, but perhaps a KI system. That divides everything regardless of level into all Artifact items, all Relic items, all Empyrean items and so on. Then simply select the KI similar to how it is done now in the storage slips to retrieve an item. Thus freeing up 20+ inventory spots, increasing the limited space we already have.
    (1)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Thank you for choosing my question. The meaning has been misinterpreted, so I will rephrase into two questions that hopefully are clearer.

1. What lead the development team to change the vision of Beastmaster from a pet-focused job with some melee prowess to a completely melee-focused job with pet status enhancements to master similar to Dragoon?

2. Why is the player vision of playing Beastmaster wrong and not considered for change?
    For example: We were told Ninja was not envisioned to tank with Utsusemi, but enmity gear and Yonin was added to support that playstyle. White Mage's Esuna/Sacrifice was changed back even though the vision for using them was different. I feel us saying Beastmaster is not fun this way should be given the same consideration.

Almost all of the job abilities for Beastmaster are focused on the pet. Beastmaster's special abilities Familiar and Unleash are focused completely on the pet damage. It is very similar to Summoner. So I'm trying to understand why the distance changes are necessary for game balance.

Beastmaster does very weak pet damage now compared to Puppetmaster and Summoner. Puppetmaster in particular can also melee with their pet and are actually built better to do so. Puppetmaster is allowed to be at a distance and this does not hurt anyone.

I don't feel we are trying to exploit the game by wanting more distance to execute pet abilities. We simply want to return to having fun with a job that we love. Commanding our pets with a wider distance makes battle flow better and makes it easier.

I don't think there should be zero risk but I feel if it's acceptable for Summoner and Puppetmaster, then it should be for Beastmaster as well.
    TRUTH

The inconsistency is mind boggling. None of the reasons make any sense, because it contradicts their previous actions. They once said (Paraphrasing) the reason we cannot get SoA pets like the Mantid of Craklaw, was due to them being outside of SoA, but added Mantids outside of SoA years later......Whaaaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Well they don't need to add more monsters to Monstrosity, honestly just add some sort of reward or reason to have a species capped. Like how we get a KI for monster raising and can only have one cheer active at once. Make each species grant a special Monstrosity Bonus if you have all the monsters at level 99 within a species, something like +10 MAB +10 Macc for amorphs, +10 STR +10 DEX for beats and so forth. Not huge but good enough considering the investment, and would get people doing that content again.

Monstrosity is actually fun, you can go back and revisit old camps and zones while having a good time. I also really wish they would let us party up, no reason why three players can't join into a single monstrosity party with the same XP system that regular players have.
    The only reason I mentioned adding more creatures was due to the Species menu in the game. If you........

Go into the feretory
    Open the menu
    Click Customization
    Click Faculties
    Click a blank slot not occupied by a instinct
    Click type.....

....You will see a entire list of families such Elementals & even Beastmen. Everyone probably already knew this, but it is simply another trophy on their head wall of unfinished business. I do agree that giving a reward for leveling or battlefields/more areas would not take much work; or "Resources" other than some time. I was born, but not yesterday.

I do wish they answer that question about BST however. Why are the people playing the job doing it wrong? So BST have been doing it wrong for a decade? Why change it now?

That is like never picking up a basketball but trying to tell Kyrie Irving how to dribble......I am curious as to how would they know the best way to play BST? Because the people playing it & those telling the people how to play it does not seem to add up.....Somebody is clearly wrong here.....With all due respect....

I am a close range BST; always have been. While dding with my pet I still could not use a Ready move...Guess I am not close enough.......Maybe release an update were you wield the pet or something....idk.....
    (3)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    In regards to "Chocobo costumes."

I'm not entirely sure what was meant by this, if they just want more chocobo color options or actual outfits like FFXIV or what. But personally the only thing I want is the armored chocobo look from the chocobos of the Wings of the Goddess shadowreign areas- which I believe at one time was actually promised to be a thing but I'm pretty sure was never added.

Literally the player chocobo costume outfit. there's only yellow and black.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I do think it is great that they answered question even tough they did not give out "Yes" to everything.

I also think it is great that they are taking pet suggestions though, because I feel like BST would be in an overall better place as a DD if they released stronger pets with their best moves. Imo, BST would move up in the dd ranks if they had a mantid or scorpion with everything but their one-shot or hp critical moves........Yeah...I feel like jug selection is that important, & can make a world of difference.
    (2)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I personally would like to see some Merit Bonus points (5+) added to Tier 2 merits for Job Master Status. I mean Logically it makes sense that as you've mastered the job, you should be able to access more abilities due to your increased status and dedication to the job.
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Doesn't Altana's Repaste (+1/2) already exist?

its just ridiculous expensive/hard to make.
    Yeah it really is and it's only 1 recipe for final stage 4 cooking shield KI Aurum Tome and for Marine Stewpot is Stage 3 KI argentum tome.

Anyways I reread Matsui's post over and the user's post about both melee and mage stats. I understand that completely and apologize for jumping to conclusions on that . As much as I do like something like this, I think it's better for them to branch out foods based on roles and stuff so they won't have any need to put strict limits on stats.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So has SE's stance on allowing player pets/avatars to receive the effect of bard songs changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenoxio View Post
    Have there been any considerations to let Bard songs affect pets?
    Matsui: We have considered this before.

back in 2015 this was posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    There are no plans for adjustments to be made that would allow pets to receive buffs players ordinarily receive.
    (2)

Character
    Catsgoncat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    So has SE's stance on allowing player pets/avatars to receive the effect of bard songs changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenoxio View Post
    Have there been any considerations to let Bard songs affect pets?
    Matsui: We have considered this before.

back in 2015 this was posted

so there is a chance we will get increased auction house and delivery slots. chance for a monstrosity update. A chance Geos will get Geo - Regain. WHOOOOOHOOOO

Players really need more slots. This right here. This is my number one request ever. I would scream like a school girl if we got this update. It has been too long since we were stuck with 7. If we had double that it would be gravy and makes total sense. 7 doubled is 14, its MaThS. It is insane that after all this time many years later players are still stuck with 7 auction house slots. Inventory was increased, so I see no reason why auction house are stuck at 7 and delivery slots are stuck at 8. It seems off when there are more bid sections.
    Was Indi and Geo Regain promised years back. I think it was but never came to see the light of day. How simple would this be to create? It takes nothing.
    Whoever made monstrosities system needed a raise. It is a development dream of prolonging resources for what is notably a grind, but a fun one regardless. The beauty of the content from a developer's point of view is that the resources used were already in the product. This was a shinning example of utilizing resources in such an resourceful way. Meaning the difficult stuff was already done, outta the way. They were not motivated to complete it which is why you see the blanked slots with missing monsters that were intended to be in the game. While a total update is unlikely due to their likely tight budget finishing the roster is a possibility and comes down to motivation. We all just want to play as Moo Ouzi the Swiftblade anyway to spam sweep.

really reconsider giving us more auction and delivery slots. I don't want to pay a $1 for more slots. that is the point I suppose.

My mules will thank you
    (0)

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thank you both for all the great content and updates every month! We really appreciate it!!

I just have to questions/requests:

1.) Is it possible if the development team could work on and make possible to turn the Campaign Weaponskills "Uriel Blade", "Glory Slash" and "Tartarus Torpor" into permanent obtainable Weaponskills? I would be willing to complete a lengthy quest line to obtain them.

2.) Could you bring back the "Wanted Unity Special Dial" Campaign again? I know there are better campaigns but I personally enjoyed that one.

Thank you again for all you do and please stay safe and healthy in the coming months!!
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Thank you but please commit to your vision of Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Matsui: We could remove the level cap for the beastmaster pets, but think we can add new jugs as well. By doing that we can add more features as well. So if you have any specific jugs you'd like to see, please let us know. You could also suggest higher-tier version of existing pets as well.
    Yes! Please consider the following pets. Please update Beast Affinity to increase our new jug pet's level to 125 (For Su5 Beastmasters, if possible, please consider making special pets available via REMA weapons, similar to how Fomalhaut used to dispense bullets).

ilevel 125 FaithfulFalcor (hyppogryph) with Fantod for Master!
    level 125 CrudeRaphie (adamantoise) with a tanking abilities (and ability to hold hate or a better version of Tortoise Song)
    ilevel 125 Scorpion with Sharpstrike, Earthshaker (for Master)
    ilevel 125 Rabbit with Wild Ginseng
    ilevel 125 Hecteyes with a funny hat (and the ability to cast tier 4-5 magic.
    ilevel 125 Lynx with Chaotic Eye, Blaster and Charged Whisker
    ilevel 125 Lucani with Amnesia
    ilevel 125 Ruszor

Matsui: We have no plans to increase the cap of the recast reduction.
    This is saddening and unfortunate.

Matsui: We'll look into this! It may be included as part of Empyrean gear upgrade, but would you be fine with this? (By having it a job-specific gear, it'll allow us adding features more freely.)
    I would be OK with waiting for Empyrean upgrades, but please make it good. It has been 3 years since you introduced the Beastmaster distance restriction without modifying job abilities or job traits to compensate with your sudden change in Beastmaster playstyle. If you're asking that we continue to pay our subscription fees for even longer, please complete your vision with the updated pets mentioned above (including REMA weapons) as well as job traits, abilities and adjusted Group 1 and Group 2 merits. Please commit to your vision and let Empyrean upgrades supplement that vision. Show us you care about Beastmaster!

Matsui: If you mean by adding various characteristics to the pet, such as making your pets take a role of tanks or attacker, then it won't go against the characteristic of the beastmasters' job, so we could consider this. If you feel beastmasters are lacking in this aspect, we'd like you to share your feedback regarding this.

However, please note that we consider the performance of the master and the pet as one, so having it take multiple roles will never outperform other jobs who's specifically made for that specific role.
    Yes, pet's with tanking abilities and sufficient enmity generation (just below that of RUN or PLD would be greatly appreciated).

Matsui: We currently have no plans to utilize additional locations or add more variety of enemies for Apex. Would you like us to add a bit more?
    Yes, more apex mobs and charmable monsters in general are welcome.

Matsui: While we cannot imagine how this will be used, our general policy is to not add any food that'll allow achieving everything. Food items are aimed to allow players to customize their battle style rather than it being a simple power up item. If we'd introduce item as you suggested, we would need to lower the stats below other food items, so we feel it may become something that may not be used by everyone.
    Thank you for this past month's update to Grape Daifuku!
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast