Thread: Job balancing?

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ok, so nobody seems to be asking:

Why is WHM's status as the premium healer so sacred that nobody seems to question its ubiquity in parties? It seems to be this big issue with people that jobs like BST, SCH, GEO, and BLU have become staples to parties. If a RDM or SCH, WHM's closest relatives, were tasked with healing damage and status in some of the hardest battles these days, they simply couldn't compare.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Ok, so nobody seems to be asking:

Why is WHM's status as the premium healer so sacred that nobody seems to question its ubiquity in parties? It seems to be this big issue with people that jobs like BST, SCH, GEO, and BLU have become staples to parties. If a RDM or SCH, WHM's closest relatives, were tasked with healing damage and status in some of the hardest battles these days, they simply couldn't compare.
    Mainly because I never want to be a main-healer as a RDM ever, ever again. ToAU burned that out of me permanently and while I'll help heal, I'll never acknowledge sole responsibility over it.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    and add some sort of debuff effect to Foe Requiem like dia and bio have, because as it is now 8 damage a tick for Foe Requiem 7 is nothing.
    I have to disagree with this statement, in my opinion Foe Requiem 7 is one of the best spells for brd IF you are RM(Relic, Mythic) Master brd.

From Job points 20x3 points of damage, that's an additional 60 points of dmg. Add in Gjallarhorn +4 thats 4 more points, for a total of 8+60+4 for 72dmg/tic. Then you factor in that song duration was applied to offensive songs. With Mythic, Gjallarhorn and other duration gear unresisted requiem 7 last over 5 minutes. This is one if not the longest DOT possible, which is very helpful in wipe situations where you don't want mob HP regening.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I thought most NM's were immune to req? Besides, Sch's can do 100 times that in DoT so <.<
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    I thought most NM's were immune to req? Besides, Sch's can do 100 times that in DoT so <.<
    Yep, Requiem and Poison spells are completely useless. Mobs have way too much HP for them to matter at all and SCH can DoT hundreds of times the amount.

I seem to remember there was some talk about adjusting the dmg of both, but like many other things it has been forgotten in time.

PS > And speaking of job adjustments, I wonder if Enspells 2 will ever be fixed. Not holding my breath at all, just curious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 06-02-2016 at 06:11 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Personally I'd really enjoy seeing Ready/Reward's range going back to what it was before. I enjoy meleeing as BST, but normally I do so by fighting multiple mobs at a time. Or at least, let us have a range so that when fighting larger foes we can stay behind them while pet tanks, and not side-to-side. It's kind of rediculous that Dragoon wyverns can do that, and they're a kind of pet that always follows the master no matter what.

I don't think the nerf changed the habits of any back-line BST. I still see them around. They still stand back while their pet fights if they feel like it. The only difference is that they're not using Ready nor Reward anymore.

The way I'm seeing it, the change to the range only made Ready/Reward some forgotten abilities like Charm and Tame.
    (1)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    They are not immune, you just need to have alot of MACC for it to land. When compared to SCH's helix yes it's not much, BUT the duration IS. I don't know of any DOT that is longer than a RM brd's requiem 7.

Like I said in my original post, it is handy in case you use a wipe strategy to prevent mob from regaining hp while you unweaken. IE in all escha mobs don't depop after all wipe and die if party remains in the instanced area.
    (0)

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to inform you that adjustments will be made to two-handed weapons soon!

I appreciate the feedback you guys are giving and encourage you to keep giving us your thoughts.
    I would just like to make a quick clarification that the development team has only begun to talk about the fact that we'd like to make adjustments to two-handed weapons, and the details have yet to be fleshed out. Once we make some progress on this we will be sure to share!
    (4)
    FINALFANTASY XI Producer/Director Yoji Fujito

9. 06-02-2016 04:03 PM

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Mainly because I never want to be a main-healer as a RDM ever, ever again. ToAU burned that out of me permanently and while I'll help heal, I'll never acknowledge sole responsibility over it.
    Just because main healing used to be unpleasant (bear a lot of this was against mobs where debuff removal was mostly unnecessary) doesn't change the fact that one job has this unquestioned seat at the table. That's job imbalance. Thing is, I don't think WHM is overpowered at all. I think we're all just glad that at least one job out there is capable of meeting the challenge of healing against some of the new endgame content. But similar to the discussions about whether BLU is overpowered or not, it might be time to think about improving the healing chops of other jobs, like RDM, SCH, DNC, maybe even WHM as a subjob. If more jobs were better healers, it would be one step in making things better for other jobs as well, such as meleers who are invited less because of the risk involved with using them.
    (3)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've always wondered the same thing. There have been various time in this game's life where we've been able to get away with using melee tanks. People would cry about how they wanted to bring tanks back, but by tank they always meant PLD. Nowadays, RUN gives PLD a run for its money (plus NIN had a good run back in the day).

And while there were times where you used SCH or RDM (Neo-Nyzul and ToAU merit PTs readily come to mind), you'd almost never use those jobs to main heal something truly difficult. But somehow WHM always has a place at the table and nobody ever questions it.
    (1)

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast