(2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I have 73 of these things. They do me no good because everyone has so many. Let me get this straight, you're bending over backwards go give jerks who are exclusive about inviting people to their events things they need to upgrade their exclusive weapons but regular players can't even get a break on making the base items? What kind of crap is this?

Relics are unobtainable because of the ridiculous restrictions of dynamis that make it impossible to get enough zone wins/currency to make them.

Mythics are unobtainable because of all of the ridiculous restrictions of assault that make it impossible to climb nyzul isle and get enough materials to make them.

Emps are unobtainable because to get through abyssea content you still need at least 3 people to properly proc/kill something.

I think I'm going to take these 73 Beitetsu and feed them to a moogle. I hope he chokes on them.

Rather than asking for RME to be made more obtainable, it would be better for the game as a whole for SE to continue to produce viable alternatives. That way you and I don't have to worry about how difficult they are to make, because we won't NEED to make one.
    (4)

Ive yet to see a single shout requiring RME these days, if anything I see shouts requiring a certain Item level (117 or 119 gear being most common).

I haven't even partied with an I.lv119 RME yet, and win events just fine. I think people are over quantifying the need for a RME at this point, which in itself could be an issue since shouters could come to think this is necessary. I think the only job that I believe is frequently questioned on having a relic or not is something like BRD or RNG, but even those I'm finding are more oft than not invited without... Just yesterday I did two events on BRD, I think it was Ark Angel HM (D), with 2 songs. (Well, 3 toward the end wit our new 2hr).

Still, the lack of these events in my anecdotal evidence is not proof of the lack of these requests, and in that I say fight the ignorant. There have been several times people would ask for some absurd quality in shout, and I'd simply say "Look, I got this/this/this, I'm better than most idiots you'll find, we'll win" or something to that effect, and with this tactic I've even been invited as SMN by explaining the strat and showing proof of concept, and yes, we won the event. This won't always work of course, but its worth a shot.

I'm not saying SE shouldn't ease up on RME Requirements for obtaining the 75/80 version, theres another whining thread here somewhere where I commented specifically on that, look it up cause im too lazy to bring it up.

Regardless, Inaf are you trolling mang, How are you straightfaced saying Relics are impossible to obtain, I obtained mine through a strong portion of soloing, I'm proof of concept they are in fact not impossible for someone soloing. If you can't get Xarc access, I suggest shouting for help. CRAZY SHIT RIGHT SHOUTING FOR OTHER HUMAN BEINGS IN AN MMO WTF IS THIS MADNESS, Find 2-3 people and do a run where the focus is winning. Win the zone, then go back to farming. Hell you might even get away with reserving the currency and find people who really just want the win.

Mythics and Empyrean (Voidwatch related) stages can rightly go f**k themselves and their requirements, but relics are an obtainable goal.
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-01-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Rather than asking for RME to be made more obtainable, it would be better for the game as a whole for SE to continue to produce viable alternatives. That way you and I don't have to worry about how difficult they are to make, because we won't NEED to make one.
    Exactly, the game is best that way. One person puts in hundreds of hours and has a weapon that's a little better than yours. You put in whatever work you need to do to get a weapon that's not quite as good, but still gets the job done. Everybody's happy.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Ive yet to see a single shout requiring RME these days, if anything I see shouts requiring a certain Item level (117 or 119 gear being most common).
    I meant to type "feel the NEED to make one." And I did say "continue to produce viable alternatives." Now if only the shield and instruments wouldn't be seen as must haves.
    (0)

What are you particularly referring too? I'm not sure if you thought i was addressing you, but I was not addressing any of your points specifically, so the reply makes no sense to me. I'll be happy to reply if you explain which post this is referring too .

I know its easy to think I'm being sarcastic but I'm really not, the internet has a way of making things seem worse than they are.
    (0)

Player
    has a weapon that's a little better than yours.
    This is not the case for some classes (Summoner, and from what I hear Puppetmaster as well). The weapons are far superior to anything else.

And why should someone be rewarded for grinding hundreds of hours solo, doing easy content? That's what player power is gauged by now? How many tedious, annoying, boring tasks you're willing to complete?
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    This is not the case for some classes (Summoner, and from what I hear Puppetmaster as well). The weapons are far superior to anything else.

And why should someone be rewarded for grinding hundreds of hours solo, doing easy content? That's what player power is gauged by now? How many tedious, annoying, boring tasks you're willing to complete?
    Yes. That is what FFXI is.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Yes. That is what FFXI is.
    And you think that's a good thing?
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    And you think that's a good thing?
    I can live with it. This niche content exists for a small, but dedicated group of players. I like that it gives you something big to work for. Mythics are only a tiny fraction of the game's content and aren't necessary to complete any event or defeat any enemy.

I know you as someone wants full access to everything immediately out of the box. What changes would you propose? Would you want it to be so easy that a player could reasonably obtain all 20 Mythic weapons?
    (5)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast