Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You guys are so defensive of players afking in colonization reives. Once you afk in a battle zone you put yourself at risk to anything that happens, and you really have no right to complain about mpk, intentional or not.
    Actually I have every right to complain about someone breaking the rules in ways that hurt other peoples game play. Hell the main option under GM calls is to complain about rules violations. And will people stop bringing up examples of unintentional mpk. That's not the argument being had and has nothing to do with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-02-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Player
    Actually, MPK was one of the BIGGEST complaints, prior to the recent changes.

It was almost impossible NOT to mpk someone in reive. Now that the first couple zones are changed, mpk isn't an issue, but it still is in the newer zones.

Using the colibri to mimic aga3 to mpk people = hilarious. That is the almost literal use of "mpk". The only better use is waking a slept enemy with an action weak enough to claim it purple, yet not gain enough enmity to have it chase you and kill the sleeper instead.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karah; 08-02-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Actually I have every right to complain about someone breaking the rules in ways that hurt other peoples game play. Hell the main option under GM calls is to complain about rules violations. And will people stop bringing up examples of unintentional mpk. That's not the argument being had and has nothing to do with it.
    Oh absolutely. If you feel it's an issue then you should certainly bring it to SE's attention. Call a GM if you go to bed in Marjami and wake up in Adoulin. Griefing other players is not something that should be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I'm not talking about people legitimately fighting mobs. I'm talking about people saying "Let's MPK these guys!!" and "Let's call a GM on these guys for cheating!!".

These people afk in the same spot all day unharmed. For the most part, It's pretty obvious when they die what happened.
    Well, GMing afk people is obviously stupid. MPK also does not benefit anybody. If you mpk somebody you're either locked out of reives for 5 minutes or weakened for the same amount of time. So there's not much reason to do it intentionally other than to be malicious.

Again, I don't think it's right to grief others. I just think that when you afk in an area that is not 100% safe, you have to take the bad with the good.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I accept the unintentional bad. That is part of the risk you take anytime you step out of town. The intentional shouldn't exist
    (3)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm willing to bet SE will make some kind of change with this soon. There is no way SE will let it's player's just stand there afk and benefit.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    I'm willing to bet SE will make some kind of change with this soon. There is no way SE will let it's player's just stand there afk and benefit.
    I know right? I mean I had to zone a few times to get enough points for these behemoth pops.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I know right? I mean I had to zone a few times to get enough points for these behemoth pops.
    I agree... It's not like they'd give something to people for doing nothing except for logging in and keeping their character in one place...
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah and I totally can't just sit in a spot selling stuff while afk either.

What I find funny is all the mpking is just making people figure how to set up some kind of auto reraise with twilight lol. 1 cheating to counter another not that I'm promoting such things.... but ironically that actually makes it so the afk people can get more xp/balyd and since they get an actual eval from taking dmg a chance for capes
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah and I totally can't just sit in a spot selling stuff while afk either.

What I find funny is all the mpking is just making people figure how to set up some kind of auto reraise with twilight lol. 1 cheating to counter another not that I'm promoting such things.... but ironically that actually makes it so the afk people can get more xp/balyd and since they get an actual eval from taking dmg a chance for capes
    That's actually GMable though. I've heard on a forum (therefore it must be true of course...) that people in WKR have been GMed/jailed for setting up an auto-reraise script.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    That's actually GMable though. I've heard on a forum (therefore it must be true of course...) that people in WKR have been GMed/jailed for setting up an auto-reraise script.
    That would be pretty hard to prove unless the GM just sat there killing them over and over while attempting to talk to them just to see if they would RR while ignoring him. That's not exactly the sort of thing you do to customers.
    (3)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast