Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

CS + GM - Rules & TOS Conflict + More

There is a major rules/t.o.s disconnect when it comes to the matter of the "Customer Support (CS)" via the (310) number and the "GM Team".

According to CS the use of more than one account is considered "power playing" and is not permitted.

According to the GM Team this is allowed, regardless of who owns the accounts or how many accounts are in play so long as a human being is operating them manually (no scripts/bots).

However when it came to clarification of why SE allows us to input more than one game code into our SE Accounts, the GM Team was unable to speak further upon the intent/design of the developer team.

I was unable to get a clean answer on the difference of how multiple account ownership is permitted seen as legitimate or "fair play".

[If this comes to enough of an issue I kept screenshots of the GM Chat I had about it]

I was then advised by that GM to bring this issue HERE, because the 2 teams are not in sync.
    --

So to begin the suggestions:

1 - Please update all of your customer support teams with what is actually allowed in game, they are heavily out-dated. Specifically regarding power playing/multi-boxing.

2 - Clarify on what it means to have more than one "service account" because the GM I spoke to did not seem to be able to explain how they meant this and yet still be seperated by more than 1 "Square Enix ID" (pictures would help alot here).

3 - Clarify the official stance upon players "selling power leveling services for GIL" which I suspect is probably involved in RMT activities.

4 - Suggestion: Find the merchandise team an inform them we would like to see more Rainbow Mog Pell item codes or the ability to just outright buy these and other mog pell codes and item codes from SE directly as a digital option.

5 - Request: Can we please get a wall paper update for the pol viewer if your not going to change how the game is launched? Mine has been stuck at a blue background since 2012, that's 10 years..

6 - Clarification on character names allowed, because theres alot of risky names like "titiy" which i'm sure everyone can agree is just obvious..
    (0)
    Last edited by Auriga; 01-30-2023 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Corrections - wanted to add tags but sigh
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    According to CS the use of more than one account is considered "power playing" and is not permitted.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, but multiple accounts has always been totally allowed, as long as person remains in control of those accounts whenever they're in use. Automation beyond using the auto-follow feature is what's generally frowned upon.

Clarification on character names allowed, because theres alot of risky names like "titiy" which i'm sure everyone can agree is just obvious..
    Report such character names, generally stuff like this doesn't get actioned without a report as they aren't policing it directly beyond certain bad words and such being filtered out in name creation.

5 - Request: Can we please get a wall paper update for the pol viewer if your not going to change how the game is launched? Mine has been stuck at a blue background since 2012, that's 10 years..
    This already exists.

2 - Clarify on what it means to have more than one "service account" because the GM I spoke to did not seem to be able to explain how they meant this and yet still be seperated by more than 1 "Square Enix ID" (pictures would help alot here).
    The "service account" is the thing you pay $11.95 for each month (excluding the character content IDs). Multiple service accounts can be linked to a single Square Enix account, but for all intents and purposes beyond payment methods they are seperate. This is documented on the support site.

3 - Clarify the official stance upon players "selling power leveling services for GIL" which I suspect is probably involved in RMT activities.
    Only offering services for real money (or anything else outside-of-game) is restricted. If you suspect that someone is involved in RMT, regardless of the circumstances, you need to file an STF report.

"Mercing" (clearing content or selling drops for gil) and offering powerleveling for gil (as long as it is carried out by playing the game) has always been allowed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-29-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, but multiple accounts has always been totally allowed, as long as person remains in control of those accounts whenever they're in use. Automation beyond using the auto-follow feature is what's generally frowned upon.

Report such character names, generally stuff like this doesn't get actioned without a report as they aren't policing it directly beyond certain bad words and such being filtered out in name creation.

This already exists.

The "service account" is the thing you pay $11.95 for each month (excluding the character content IDs). Multiple service accounts can be linked to a single Square Enix account, but for all intents and purposes beyond payment methods they are seperate. This is documented on the support site.

Only offering services for real money (or anything else outside-of-game) is restricted. If you suspect that someone is involved in RMT, regardless of the circumstances, you need to file an STF report.

"Mercing" (clearing content or selling drops for gil) and offering powerleveling for gil (as long as it is carried out by playing the game) has always been allowed.
    --

Your not official staff, you don't have the authority to speak on what I posted.
    You began your reply with not understanding me to boot, that alone says quite enough about your limited knowledge on the matter.
    Furthermore the intent of this post was aimed at an official response, you don't work for SE.

The wallpapers have been broken an remain broken, another example of you not knowing what your walking into.

I have a distinct feeling that your entire existence is to defend RMT in any capacity you can mr.troll.
    If you continue to behave like your staff when your not, it will eventually find you in violation of such impersonation.
    A reply is not welcome to this thread or this post, leave my serious threads alone "Alhanelem".
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
    --Your not official staff, you don't have the authority to speak on what I posted.
    Well, he does, considering you posted on a forum that is public domain.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wow, that's pretty hilarious.

The answer though, is no.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Your not official staff, you don't have the authority to speak on what I posted.
    I wasn't aware of any rule that said only staff could reply to threads on this forum
    You began your reply with not understanding me to boot
    I understood what you wrote fully. If you wanted to say something else, then say something else.
    Furthermore the intent of this post was aimed at an official response, you don't work for SE.
    Regardless of your intent, anyone is allowed to reply to your posts. And outside of threads created by staff, they extremely rarely reply to random threads, you are not going to get an official response.
    The wallpapers have been broken an remain broken, another example of you not knowing what your walking into.
    They still work for me, I'm using the Galka wallpaper right now. So yes, I do know what I'm "walking into." TBF, it was maybe a year or so I redownloaded it? But I was still able to then.
    I have a distinct feeling that your entire existence is to defend RMT in any capacity you can mr.troll.
    Where exactly are you getting this sense? I didn't defend RMT anywhere, and I don't like them any more than you do. But you need evidence to accuse people of breaking rules.
    If you continue to behave like your staff when your not, it will eventually find you in violation of such impersonation.
    I never claimed to be staff in the first place. Again, anyone and everyone is free to reply to your threads regardless of what your intentions are.
    A reply is not welcome to this thread or this post, leave my serious threads alone "Alhanelem".
    If you're going to call me out, I'm going to respond in my defense, especially when your accusations are this far-fetched. Anyone reading this thread can see how absurd your reply is. Again: By creating a thread on this forum, you are inviting any and all other forum participants to join the discussion thread if they so choose. You don't get to decide who can and can't reply to it- you can only decide if you're willing to read their comments or not. You asked questions, and I replied because I had the answers. It's that simple.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-30-2023 at 04:20 AM.

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Well, he does, considering you posted on a forum that is public domain.
    did anyone ask for your opinion? no.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Wow, that's pretty hilarious.

The answer though, is no.
    Again, who asked you? oh thats right, no one.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I wasn't aware of any rule that said only staff could reply to threads on this forum
    I understood what you wrote fully. If you wanted to say something else, then say something else.
    Regardless of your intent, anyone is allowed to reply to your posts. And outside of threads created by staff, they extremely rarely reply to random threads, you are not going to get an official response.
    They still work for me, I'm using the Galka wallpaper right now. So yes, I do know what I'm "walking into." TBF, it was maybe a year or so I redownloaded it? But I was still able to then.
    Where exactly are you getting this sense? I didn't defend RMT anywhere, and I don't like them any more than you do. But you need evidence to accuse people of breaking rules.
    I never claimed to be staff in the first place. Again, anyone and everyone is free to reply to your threads regardless of what your intentions are.
    If you're going to call me out, I'm going to respond in my defense, especially when your accusations are this far-fetched. Anyone reading this thread can see how absurd your reply is. Again: By creating a thread on this forum, you are inviting any and all other forum participants to join the discussion thread if they so choose. You don't get to decide who can and can't reply to it- you can only decide if you're willing to read their comments or not. You asked questions, and I replied because I had the answers. It's that simple.
    TLDR - short reply.. you still don't work for SE, an your still trying to kick off flame-war type nonsense, all 3 of you in fact have nothing better to do than harass my thread. Nothing of which any of you has said contributes to anything significant here than to cause trouble.

Again, no one asked for your opinions, all 3 of you came here with your negativity disguised as legit posts all whilst full well knowing what you were doing.

The 3 of you are why problems occur in forums, an imo all 3 of you should be shut down.

PS: The wall papers are still broken.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    did anyone ask for your opinion? no.
    Seeing as you posted on a public forum and did not address SE directly - you did.

.... I despair, I really do.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    TLDR - short reply.. you still don't work for SE, an your still trying to kick off flame-war type nonsense, all 3 of you in fact have nothing better to do than harass my thread. Nothing of which any of you has said contributes to anything significant here than to cause trouble.

Again, no one asked for your opinions, all 3 of you came here with your negativity disguised as legit posts all whilst full well knowing what you were doing.
    TLDR: I never claimed to work for SE (for the second time), implied that I worked for them, nor act like I work for them. I'm not flaming anyone, nor is anyone else in this thread.

As for asking for opinions, you invited opinions to be given by posting here. This forum is accessible and usable by all FFXI players, who are all invited to participate. If you do not want to hear anyone's opinions on anything, then you should fill out the feedback form on the support website instead of posting here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-31-2023 at 03:20 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Again, who asked you? oh thats right, no one.
    I don't need to be asked. If you don't want responses then don't post.
    (1)