Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    How much do you even think they will increase to? Let's say they are 20k, thats still only 200m to finish. That's less than a mythic costs, let alone an afterglow. Are you trying to suggest that AG users weren't screwed over? Or are you trying to suggest that this is actually something that is hard? Kinda confused on your point there, look around though as I'm sure you already see a lot of afterglows running around. This isn't hard to accomplish at all.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Did anyone before the update think an afterglow was a wise investment?
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    How much do you even think they will increase to?
    How low does human IQ go? The price will climb until the IQ:Gil ratio balances out.

Are you trying to suggest that AG users weren't screwed over?
    Afterglow is completely worthless showpiece being "screwed over": subjective

Or are you trying to suggest that this is actually something that is hard? Kinda confused on your point there, look around though as I'm sure you already see a lot of afterglows running around. This isn't hard to accomplish at all.
    Don't ever call something "hard" or "difficult" let's avoid that 12 year old debate. Nothing is hard, things are simply "time consuming".

Obtaining 10,000 pieces of shiney from content you have no other reason to do, is a pretty tough pill to take. it's a tad excessively grindy. If boxes dropped 100 pieces, then eh...

Example I've already got every. single. piece. of Delve gear, and every piece of HTB gear, there is absolutely no reason for me to ever do another one of them... Except now that I need 140,000 plutons, well that's essentially the entirety of my remaining life Spent doing meaningless content.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Did anyone before the update think an afterglow was a wise investment?
    Nope, and I'm still of the same opinion now, but this is unfortunately the path SE chose to stick to.
    We can choose to either follow it or hop off, because we all know the complaint department is on permanent hiatus anyway.

As for the whole "AG owners have been screwed over" bit; Are you suggesting you didn't see that one coming the moment they told us how they were planning to do this gig?
    As I said before, Afterglow was a mistake on SE's part, one which we are all paying for now.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 02-18-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    People were saying this exact same thing about Alexandrite and how there is 0 supply, yet people make mythics all the time. It really isn't that bad like you are painting it out to be. Then on the other end if SE made this super easy where you trade a small amount of x item that takes you all of 10 minutes, people would be complaining they are bored and quit. Then you have people complaining that everything is too easy and too quick to get equipment and this and that. There are barely any grinds left in the game outside of REM. Also keep in mind that SE plans to add more battlefields come APR, they stated they will have an update every month from APR onward that brings new battlefields (HTB and UNM are a given, but maybe something else that will drop these items.)

I would suggest to SE that they add boxes (just boxes not other versions) to UNM as a possible drop instead of either gil or the random synthesis materials.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    My only complaint about this is most people upon making a 99 R/E/M looked at the afterglow path and said "That's dumb I'm not going to do it" whereas a handful of people who wanted to stroke their ego went ahead and made afterglows, content in their minimal afterglow bonus, which for the record are:

Relic: Accuracy/Ranged Accuracy +15
    Mythic: Attack/Ranged Attack +15
    Empyrean: Critical Hit Rate +5%

So yes, this is what we're all spending 10k stones on.

So in the end my biggest gripe with this is that we're now being forced into a grind for something we didn't care to get because a handful of other players decided they needed afterglow and SE doesn't want to completely devalue the massive waste of time they put into the afterglow trial.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Agree with the above as far as the whole "people are being forced into this" thing. Afterglow was always a vanity goal so its dumb they decided everyone needed to do it. Nobody came out happy- people who had Afterglow don't have their special shiny anymore and people without it are forced onto an incredibly tedious trial.

I mean, this 10,000 stone trial really isn't as a big deal as many people are making it out to be, but the point is that SE made a decision that annoyed pretty much everyone, with the only consolation being that they actually bothered to do some decent non-base damage related overhauls on the weapons for once (especially Relic AM).

Also I really have to wonder where they're going to go from here. Are we going to get a 30,000 pluton trial another 2 years into the future?

People were saying this exact same thing about Alexandrite and how there is 0 supply, yet people make mythics all the time.
    You're talking about what people said about salvage when a lot of that was back when you needed 3 people to enter and Salvage II didn't exist?

It's not really something you can directly compare, the way to access the content is completely different and a run of HTB will get you a totally different amount of plutons etc. compared to how much Alexandrite you get in a run of Salvage. If everyone was doing super efficient 6-man parties spamming VD then I'm sure the progress-per-time you're getting would be as much or even more than what you get in Salvage, but I'm willing to bet a ton of people doing it right now are doing it at a snail's pace solo/low-manning Normal or Difficult.

By the way, that's my advice to a lot of you complaining about how hard this trial is- get a couple friends, figure out how to run a VD quickly, and you'll soon realize just how much time you're wasting trying to solo Normal/Difficult by yourself.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Example I've already got every. single. piece. of Delve gear, and every piece of HTB gear, there is absolutely no reason for me to ever do another one of them... Except now that I need 140,000 plutons, well that's essentially the entirety of my remaining life Spent doing meaningless content.
    In fairness: Players were never meant to get 14 superweapons. The original design called for them to take at least a year to create when they were introduced. By their estimation, you should ahve just gotten your 12th one or so if you never did anything else in the game.

It w as your choice to get that many, now it's your choice which ones you want to actually use.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    In fairness: Players were never meant to get 14 superweapons. The original design called for them to take at least a year to create when they were introduced. By their estimation, you should ahve just gotten your 12th one or so if you never did anything else in the game.

It w as your choice to get that many, now it's your choice which ones you want to actually use.
    If they would stop screwing with mechanics, and making 1 super job every six months while making the other 16 COMPLETELY USELESS I'd love to pick one job and ONLY play it. You know that's impossible. Your statement is invalid. OVER buffing and SUPER nerfing is real. If they had ANY semblance of balance, I wouldn't have this issue.

Yeah, you can square peg yourself into it, but when you do that, you're just being an ass and making things harder on your friends that "allow" you to be a snowflake.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-19-2016 at 03:16 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Should also note this has greatly distorted the market/economy. Dozens of various items I'd sell just don't sell anymore. Good luck with selling any of the synth items lol. One item that I noticed still does (alexandrite) supply has gone down a little and price has jumped way up. Things have shifted so far in favor of both buying and selling the upgrade items it's hurting completely unrelated content/items. If/when things every go back to being sane I'd say prices would be significantly higher than right now
    (0)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast