Thread: Incursion bug

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Do you honestly believe that is working as intended? Heck the GM didn't even know getting that high was even possible
    The Japanese test displayed suggests that they were not even expecting anyone not Japanese to achieve it ...

Anyway, I can only imagine that people would want to be able to repeat the content and removing the KIs for allowing so only make sense. Just like you lose the Einherjar feathers once you do the Odin fight. If that did not happen, the elites would want to keep repeating the boss fight over and over while other players keep "sucking their thumb".
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    The Japanese test displayed suggests that they were not even expecting anyone not Japanese to achieve it ...

Anyway, I can only imagine that people would want to be able to repeat the content and removing the KIs for allowing so only make sense. Just like you lose the Einherjar feathers once you do the Odin fight. If that did not happen, the elites would want to keep repeating the boss fight over and over while other players keep "sucking their thumb".

This isn't "intended design", this design makes no sense when it comes to design theory. It's also a very different situation from Einherjar.

Losing all KI after talking to the NPC makes no sense, it has no design goals, since the player can just choose not to talk to the NPC after 143 and keep all their KI.

If anything, it only punish the first group that cleared lv 143. Any subsequent 143 group can just keep their KI by not talking to the NPC since we all know about this glitch now.

If SE's design goal is to show that "Velkk are not a friendly race, they will retrieve the key items upon the completion of Incursion level 143", then they should take away all their KI after 143 without talking to the NPC. Based on what OP said that isn't the case.

I don't know what's the point to compare this with Einherjar. In Einherjar you NEED feathers to do odin, which gives unique drop and titles. This incursion design/glitch just punishes the first group that cleared it because the first group wouldn't know about this glitch.
    (7)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The responses they send the community reps here to supply crack me up. "Velkk are not friendly" lol.

Just admit it's a bug for christ sakes. They are being punished for checking to see if they could upgrade to 144- there was no further upgrades to the KI, so they should be left with the ones they have so they can repeat the content if they wish. It makes zero sense, and as usual, instead of apologizing and fixing the problem, SE gives the most ridiculously stupid responses the internet has ever seen. I feel bad for the community reps that are tasked with delivering such nonsense.

A bit off topic but I'm actually quite shocked that this was achieved. How are level 119 players able to beat content 23 levels above them? Even with the best gear in the game, no one should even be able to hit the mobs theoretically. Maybe the difficulty stops scaling after a certain point? I'd be very curious to know the alliance makeup and gear considerations. Already assuming 18 mythics, but other than that, what types of gear are able to lift players to 23 levels higher than they should be? lol
    (5)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Ramzi;533275A bit off topic but I'm actually quite shocked that this was achieved. How are level 119 players able to beat content 23 levels above them? Even with the best gear in the game, no one should even be able to hit the mobs theoretically. Maybe the difficulty stops scaling after a certain point? I'd be very curious to know the alliance makeup and gear considerations. Already assuming 18 mythics, but other than that, what types of gear are able to lift players to 23 levels higher than they should be? lol[/QUOTE]

Any good group with skilled players who know each other's play styles and have skills plus a good deal of ol' good communication will fly high. Crowds with the inverse, will sink deep in a sea of despair and frustrations. Teamwork is the keyword I suppose.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I guess I'm just wondering how anyone could even hit or land magic on the mobs. Unless the scaling drastically drops after a certain i-level, their evasion would be so high, no gear, foods, songs, or teamwork could overcome it. Imagine fighting Delve 1.0 in ilevel 99 (pre-adoulin) gear. That would only be a 20 level difference, but it would be impossible. But they did it, so obviously it's possible. Just wondering how.
    (1)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    I guess I'm just wondering how anyone could even hit or land magic on the mobs. Unless the scaling drastically drops after a certain i-level, their evasion would be so high, no gear, foods, songs, or teamwork could overcome it. Imagine fighting Delve 1.0 in ilevel 99 (pre-adoulin) gear. That would only be a 20 level difference, but it would be impossible. But they did it, so obviously it's possible. Just wondering how.
    It's like the original Final Fantasy series. The designers have thought of many ways of defeating the monsters. A classic example is the undead dragon on FFX which dies on a single hit if you toss it a phoenix down. The game even goes out of it's way to hint you about the monster's weakness.

Final Fantasy series always been about the choice of either resort to strategy to beat hard enemies early or grind up until you're strong as a "god" and bulldoze your way through the rest of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Have the best gear, stack buffs, stack debuffs. To give you an idea:

2x SV madrigals with +5 madrigal gear: 142 acc
    saboteur distract2 with gear: -108 evasion (or 108 acc, however you want to look at it)
    riverfin soup: 90 acc
    gear: ~180 acc (not including DEX, nor skill on weapon)
    hunter's roll (11 roll): 50 acc
    indi-precision (with mythic) bolstered: 192 acc
    indi-torpor (with mythic) bolstered: -190 eva (or 190 acc, however you want to look at it)

so that's about 952 accuracy in addition to what you have naturally from the skill of your weapon and whatever you can get from DEX. If need be you could also add in feint for -50% evasion (+ more with additional merits). All that accuracy will overcome the level difference.
    (2)
    Last edited by Protey; 11-27-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This is the stuff Dilbert cartoons are made of.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Just wondering how.
    Stacking multiple SP abilities in the same fight, coming from players with the best skills and best possible gear in game for their jobs.

Going back in-topic, Grekumah can you please be so kind to get the devs' attention on this issue? Please don't let it slide into nothingness hoping time will help people forget about it.
    Something bigger is at stake here, it's a matter of respect towards your most loyal, dedicated, skillful players.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    GM doesn't even know about the game, do they phone in from FFXIV?
    They're just like their bosses the devs.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast