Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Why? They could have made RME's slightly better. They could have made content that didn't require the absolute best to beat as well. It's fine for amazing players to beat things at an amazing pace. It's not fine for them to be the only ones who can do it at all.

Nobody likes paying for a game that they can't enjoy as much as the next guy.
    I was saying if they added easy to get weapons that were as good, people would be upset. I agree that if easily-acquired weapons that were slightly but clearly worse than RME options were introduced, most players would be fine with that.
    (2)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    70 k plasm is basically 7M per character per run. There are 18 players splitting the airlixir +2 and the horn that dropped so it doesn't greatly enhance the reward on a per character basis. So if you go purely for money, you do like 8M in a successful run of 45 minutes. Sure it's about comparable theoritically to marrows in a 6 man group. There are several issues though

- 18 man event with an experienced LS. In FFXI, no LS has ever been able to successfully gather 18+ ppl for several days or weeks. You can act as if it's as easy as triboxing ADLs, it's not.
    The bolded part and your similar follow-up comments are not true in the slightest, as could be demonstrated from even a casual perusal of forums devoted to the game. They weren't true ten years ago and they are certainly not true today.
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    So your excuse is that other people should always be forced onto a job so you can go meathead DD which sucks compared to most?
    ... he said to the PLD.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    Is this a real question? I'll answer that with another. If you and your ls have ample time on your hands and have come across a reasonably geared individual with a high level of knowledge of the game and its mechanics yet lack the means to get to your level, would you assist this individual if it meant going through frustrating to boring at best fights? How about if you don't have your ls on hand and its just you and that guy?
    Yes, it's a real question, because I hate being carried and not being any help at all. I feel as though I have accomplished nothing when that happens, so if someone offered me that, I would turn them down, which is why I found it remarkable when I read complaints that the people who already have theirs aren't willing to come back and help other people catch up.

Yes, I would assist that individual, and I have done so many times. And I think you misjudge how large my LS is. We have a bunch of dual/triboxers in the LS, so we sorta make up for our small numbers, but it's a moot point. I've helped on LB10 about 6 times now when there was nothing in it for me. I've killed promathia so many times I've lost count. I do NNI with strangers even though I have all my gear. I'm willing to help an underdog catch up, though I will admit I still have many goals for myself and I'm not going to spend ALL my time helping others.

So yes, if delve bosses ever become easy for us, we'll probably start allowing undergeared people to tag along as long as they don't muck it up somehow. At the very least, we'd be forming 5 NM kill runs and should be strong enough to carry some newer guys along with us. For the time being though, 5 NM kills are still a bit rough for us, and we still have the boss to worry about after that.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Yes, it's a real question, because I hate being carried and not being any help at all. I feel as though I have accomplished nothing when that happens, so if someone offered me that, I would turn them down, which is why I found it remarkable when I read complaints that the people who already have theirs aren't willing to come back and help other people catch up.

Yes, I would assist that individual, and I have done so many times. And I think you misjudge how large my LS is. We have a bunch of dual/triboxers in the LS, so we sorta make up for our small numbers, but it's a moot point. I've helped on LB10 about 6 times now when there was nothing in it for me. I've killed promathia so many times I've lost count. I do NNI with strangers even though I have all my gear. I'm willing to help an underdog catch up, though I will admit I still have many goals for myself and I'm not going to spend ALL my time helping others.

So yes, if delve bosses ever become easy for us, we'll probably start allowing undergeared people to tag along as long as they don't muck it up somehow. At the very least, we'd be forming 5 NM kill runs and should be strong enough to carry some newer guys along with us. For the time being though, 5 NM kills are still a bit rough for us, and we still have the boss to worry about after that.
    First, that is why when I play monster hunter with people I wear gear for their level. It completes the experience.

Of those things you listed most were low stress, quick events which you would spend more time traveling than fighting. What I am addressing is when you have to bring the person and X number of people required to actually do Y thing which can go between 1hr to 5hrs only to discover that someone is unprepared for the fight and you now have to spend even more time to get another person only to have another core job leave due to time and all your friends/ls mates are unavailable to aid you. Lets also pretend you and the person cannot dual box. Plenty stressful no? This is exactly why people are unwilling to help others go through the hoops. And never mind if the fight/event is boring. What I am getting at is that content needs to be changed to be entertaining for those w/o all your wonderful resources.

inb4. "man up, rage quit, make your own groups, make new friends".
    (3)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    First, that is why when I play monster hunter with people I wear gear for their level. It completes the experience.

Of those things you listed most were low stress, quick events which you would spend more time traveling than fighting. What I am addressing is when you have to bring the person and X number of people required to actually do Y thing which can go between 1hr to 5hrs only to discover that someone is unprepared for the fight and you now have to spend even more time to get another person only to have another core job leave due to time and all your friends/ls mates are unavailable to aid you. Lets also pretend you and the person cannot dual box. Plenty stressful no? This is exactly why people are unwilling to help others go through the hoops. And never mind if the fight/event is boring. What I am getting at is that content needs to be changed to be entertaining for those w/o all your wonderful resources.

inb4. "man up, rage quit, make your own groups, make new friends".
    NNI is a 30 minute, high stress event, or it used to be before the changes, and I capped my gear well before the changes and liked it so much that yes, I helped other people as well. 45 minute delve plasm farm is much lower stress. Are you asking would I FORM a delve group when I no longer need anything from delve just because I think someone else needs it? No. But I would join it. Just like I join VW shouts when I don't need anything from them, just because I have nothing else going on, and I feel like helping some guys out.

I'm not going to form a group which may or may not be of use to someone, but I will join one when I know it's of use to someone, and I will give it my all.
    (2)

NNI is a 30 minute, high stress event, or it used to be before the changes, and I capped my gear well before the changes and liked it so much that yes, I helped other people as well. 45 minute delve plasm farm is much lower stress. Are you asking would I FORM a delve group when I no longer need anything from delve just because I think someone else needs it? No. But I would join it. Just like I join VW shouts when I don't need anything from them, just because I have nothing else going on, and I feel like helping some guys out.

I'm not going to form a group which may or may not be of use to someone, but I will join one when I know it's of use to someone, and I will give it my all.
    NNI is a luck based chore. You could be aces up and get crap jumps, or you could mess up a few times and get to the final floor just to run out of time.

Even still, that is just YOU out of many players who would decide to help the masses out. You are a rare commodity. In most cases, most people wouldn't give two cents about anyone else in the game.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    FFXI has the same thing with Wildskeeper Reives. You fight a lesser version of Delve mega boss, and get gear off them. Then you can attempt the next level content to prepare for the final content which is the delve mega boss... RME isn't a requirement for plasm farming, but the Skirmish weapon is a start (which isn't hard to get or do.)
    This was good, in theory, but they pretty much nullified the need to do it with the release of Delve. There's no progress, it's actually such a huge jump that doing skirmish really is a waste of time, considering the items needed to be collected and the luck on drops. Why bother doing that X amount of times when you could just get lucky on a KI, go delve farm (on not my main job, as you would want me too, which is a complete deterrent why anyone would play the game in the first place, or just leech if I have a super cool friend who won't give a crap,) and get a delve weapon.

If every event could be 6 manned, and have actual tiered gear or gear based on the event's numbers, (3 man T1, 6 man T2, 12 man T3, 18 man T4) It would have been a way better system and you could progress upwards way easier.

Bayld content is mostly garbage and WS pieces. Anyone full timing in that is just as silly as the people that would full time in Perle or Teal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    ... he said to the PLD.
    This made me laugh as well.
    (2)
    Last edited by Radd; 06-26-2013 at 03:17 PM.

See that is what I already do, but as a whole does not address the issue that plagues the majority of the player base. The lack of motivation to do the middle content, why? because its pointless and in the face of the pugs no one gives a crap if your running around with NNI/Salvage 2.0/skirmish if you lack a delve weapon. Oh and lets not forget the career mage players who aren't WHM have little reason to be excited over anything... even then WHMs have maybe 1 piece of notable gear in delve?(not counting club)

But returning to my main point, the reason why the majority of players don't wanna go back through the hoops is mainly because the hoops are covered in rusty barbs that are on fire and have some old lady with a megaphone screaming into your face the entire time. Sure its easy riding along with it but to be honest whilst you wait for the others do get ready chances are you aren't even looking at your screen until people are about ready to do the fight. In the past week I spent most of my time playing on my DS whilst waiting for people to gather or prep for fights in the few hours I was logged on.
    (3)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Something the QQer of the thread did not understand is that it's nearly impossible to play the game without dualboxing. I mean even in abyssea time, it was basically needed to get an empy. Adoulin is even worse because you cannot physically cross a zone solo, let alone defeat a NM solo. Sure you will always find someone explaining you to suck less and get a LS. You can't even find any decent LS doing exclusively delve atm so I doubt anyone would find a LS helping you RME. Once you understand this you can probably keep playing. Other wise your game experience will be harsh.
    (6)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast