Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Suspended for 72 hours without any reason?

Has anyone else had this problem before?

The only thing I did today was complete the quest to obtain my pair of Runeist Trousers and then went AFK for hours while I ate dinner and watched House of Cards. When I came back to play, I discovered that, at some point between then and now, I had been suspended.

The email that SE sent me said that they had investigated me for something that I apparently did TODAY... "Cheating and Botting", it said. I don't use third-party tools, other programs or anything like that... I don't even use Windower. I don't know of any exploits that I could have even taken advantage of. All I did was one quest and then went AFK for hours and hours. I honestly cannot think of a single reason why I would be eating a 72-hour suspension right now.

I sent a email asking for details regarding this issue, but I highly doubt that I'll ever get a response. Has this happened to anyone else recently?
    (0)

Have you partied with people lately of which you suspected that they may have openly been using tools?
    SE's no stranger when it comes to banning people by association.
    (1)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Some year ago i just went in jail, cause of my Wireless xbox 360 controler.
    When you stop using it for some time the controler turn off alone, and sometimes when he turn off there a bug and he spam a random button.

He did that durring while i'm was AFK and my controler spamed a letter in /say chat, idk even how, but that's my story
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is the way they deal with cheaters now. The emails says you were found guilty of whatever you say you didn't do today. It doesn't say that you did anything today, just that today was the day it was discovered.

We went through all this about a year ago, many bans, "no reason" etc. You're guilty, move along. It's bull, and it's a little unfair but you can't win that argument, don't even bother.

It happens exactly at midnight PST give or take 10 minutes since they have a list of offenders.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 03-07-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah, I don't think it'll necessarily be something you did today. It could have been days ago so if you think back maybe there might've been something they could get you for. Incidentally, it sounds like they go hard when it comes to certain things so play it safe.
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sadly there is no arguing it. There is no way to find out 'what you did'. GMs/tech support will never respond with a reason other than 'check your email, it says you were baned for breaking the rules'. But will never give a specific date, time, or example.
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I really do appreciate it. I've never done or used anything that would be suspension or ban-worthy. If I did, I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. I've been suspended on the forums before for being too vocal about my dissatisfaction with some of their ideas and poor implementation. Honestly, I feel like I'm being retaliated against for my latest post that was mildly insulting (but true) regarding their genius plans to address the Heavy Metal Plate supply. I might just be a little paranoid, though.

I've wracked my brain trying to remember what I've done for the past week or so and all I can think of is just riding the WKR train collecting HP-Bayld... The event were people do the same pointless actions over and over for hours and say nothing to each other the entire time. idk, though. Guess I'll just do something else for a few days.
    (0)

Greetings, Hrohj!

We encourage any players looking for clarification on possible account actions issued to contact the Game Master team through the Help Desk system in-game. In order to reach our Help Desk, type /helpdesk and describe your concern. Please note that the reply may be sent via in-game messaging if you are not online when the Game Master attempts to reach you.

Best wishes!
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How do you contact the help desk in game if you cannot log in?
    (8)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Were you using 3rd pt programs? Kinda obvious, but uh they are cracking down on them harder these days or they found a way to detect them that they didn't use previously.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast