Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    You're skilling up fighting NMs >.>

I easily capped my SMN skill in Abyssea parties going from 75 to 99.
    Must have had some slow abyssea PTs.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    "Oh skill gains are fine because I play 72 hours straight doing it"
    Liar. I said the exact opposite to that the last time you accused me of this bullshit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    just because in your little world playing for 72 hours straight to skill up something to cap is reasonable does not mean it is reasonable for others.
    It's not, which is why I'm posting in this thread in the first place. Because if I was alright with it, I wouldn't be complaining about Summoning Magic taking that long.
    I said it takes "a few hours" and by that I mean less than 10. I don't know exactly, because I didn't time it exactly, but I had it done in a day of playing (not a 24 hour day).

"I am better then you cuz i did something that takes you weeks to do" < that is what you did and it is elitist.
    Liar. Again. I also never said that, and even if I did it faster it does not make me better, because there is no real skill involved in skilling up, it's just spamming magic. This has nothing to do with elitism. This is you having the IQ of a fruit fly and not being able to understand what I'm saying.

where is the video you said you would show?
    Just like the other two things, I also answered that in my last post. I said I'll post it when I do it. I cannot post it before then. Do I have to explain why, or is your brain slowly absorbing the logic behind that?

I'll bet you all the gil I have that that's a lie. The only way to do that would be soloing from 75 to 99 and using nothing but BPs to do damage, which would take you about two months, which is an unreasonable amount of time as well, and not an indication of things working the way they should.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Must have had some slow abyssea PTs.
    more like curse word ___ slow because now that i think about it I do not think I ever capped anything off one trip to abysse and I had everything capped at 75 (expect minor skills in weapons for the time, I/E club, staff, GS)

The closest thing I have capped for 99 is blu in sword and blue magic skill because I used blu a lot at level cap 85 and level cap 90 for abyssea farming. Even after farming and meriting I do not think that was even capped lol. (Was high though like close to cap but not quite since im 400+ in both things) Note that I did not go out of my way just to skill those (I/E doing w/e to help kill faster)

For Main skills skilling should not be a chore, it should come naturally while exping while doing some events on the side. I was not cap in smn skill in the day but I was close and after i got relic +1 SMN mitts it became cap shortly after that even though SMN was not my main thing to be (However at 75 I played it a lot more before caps since it was abyssea > BLU and WAR, with a side of SAM to now BRD)

To the other guy, they told us to stop arguing so i am. All I am going to say is even 8 hours of nothing but skilling up for 3 days IS UNRELEASABLE. If you can sit and play a game for longer then 4 hours a day it means no life. (8 work, 8 sleep, 8 game hours is no life lol I have no idea why or how 'few' means 'only' less then 10 hours a day.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 10-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We understand that a some of the posters feel that raising your summoning skill feels slow while others feel that the rate is not too bad. We brought your feedback to the Development Team to receive some insight as to how they feel about this system's current state. The team informed us that the rate at which skills increase when using offensive blood pacts against enemies was set high to compensate for how often they can be used. Due to this, they aren't currently planning to make any changes to the rate of skill ups.
    No, I would not say that it is simply "some" that feel one way,and "some" that feel the other way. To be more precise, it's more like 95% of the posters feel that it is too slow, while a very very small minority feels that it is not to bad, probably because they already have the skill capped the "slow way" and don't want to see newbies cap it faster than when they did it. When forwarding our concerns to the developers, I hope you let them know the very big difference in number of agreeing players compared to disagreeing players. I also hope you forwarded the strong, logical arguments of the players in the process.

I am sorry, but I really can not understand why the same people that increased parrying skill-up rates over 20 times would not consider increasing summoning skill up rate a measly 2-3 times. It simply does not make any sense to me. It feels as if the developers have never actually tested out how slow certain skills level up in pratice, only through looking at the numbers in their code.

I suggest that one of the developers create a warrior, put it at 250 axe skill, then try to skill it up to 350, utilizing dual wielding and the appropriate targets for skilling up that level of skill. After that, I suggest that the same developer create a summoner, give it 250 summoning skill, then attempt to skill this up to 350.

I apologize on beforehand for psychological trauma this developer might develop.

Of course, I know that this would never happen, because the developers have more important things to spend their time at work on than performing blood pacts their entire work day for a week straight.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-05-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Greetings,

We understand that a some of the posters feel that raising your summoning skill feels slow while others feel that the rate is not too bad. We brought your feedback to the Development Team to receive some insight as to how they feel about this system's current state. The team informed us that the rate at which skills increase when using offensive blood pacts against enemies was set high to compensate for how often they can be used. Due to this, they aren't currently planning to make any changes to the rate of skill ups.
    Okipuit, I hope that you didn't report to the dev team that "some of the posters feel that raising your summoning skill feels slow while others feel that the rate is not too bad", because that's deeply misleading. It makes it sound like a 50/50 or similar sort of deal rather nearly two dozen on one hand versus a couple of people who can't even advance a meaningful and coherent argument on the other.
    (9)

I also do not like the word "feel", when there isn't so much feeling involved, but instead hard statistics.

Just line up all combat and magic skills and look at maximum skill-up rate per X amount of time. It is impossible to not notice that a few of these skills will have a vastly lower amount of skill gained per hour than others, and these skills are summoning and enhancing.

Therefore, it is not a feeling, it is a fact.
    (6)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

No you didn't.

Greetings,

I never saw this supposed "high" rate of skillups against enemies. They may think they set it high, but it doesn't seem to be showing in actual gameplay.
    (1)
    Last edited by Camiie; 10-04-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Character
    Abbylu
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Greetings,

I call BS. If I spend 2 hours killing 3 mobs with nothing BUT bp's and get 1.2 skill ups, even with using skill food, and that earring I spent months and months farming for, then that skill up rate is far from "set high".
    (1)

But of course, we'll never get another reply addressing our concerns about the first reply. This thread is probably tagged as "solved, do not reply again" by SE now.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Greetings,

Oki I am going to give the dev team the benefit of the doubt on this one and say they feel they are speaking 100% truth.

But I'm here to inform you to inform them that there's an error in their coding because in practice that's damn wrong. I suggest they or one of you reps spend a measly half a hour trying to skill up a character using BP only. If they come out of it feeling it's working as intended, well, that's all I can ask for but the RNG happened to be heavily HEAVILY in their favor during that 30 minutes >.>;

You got freebie tester help 24 hours a day. Hell you got freebie tester help PAYING you 24 hours a day. I strongly suggest you take advantage of that more often than rarely.

You know what I want to see for that next magical Job Adjustment stage? Old everything being fixed, rather than a slew of new crap. Because every new thing you add is another current and future priority over fixing the older problems.
    (12)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast