Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Solinvictus View Post
    This idea is Amazing! You have an amazing creative mind and it shows in your ideas and art. *crosses fingers* that SE is not only watching, but working to implement!
    EDIT: ...you know, a drawing of a Mithran THF standing at the top of the hill after winning a match of "King of the Hill" would be awesome...hehe.
    --------
    /kneel Thank you much for the support and compliments ^^/ I have feeling they are watching, so I'll just keep on revising the concept till it's completed
    I'll make sure to include that image for sure since I don't think I've included any THFs just yet lol. /salute
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    --------
    Very cool idea! In my 1st thoughts when I said, "tokens" (these accumulate to be used to purchase key items called "Medals" which offer redeemable items and benefits that enhance regimen performance) I definitely had in mind equipment and weapons of some sort, so this is just driving the concept home ^^/ If done right, I'm sure there would be tons of folks happy to sport their "Gym Gear" all around town and during PvP battles lol
    I would personally opt for both "enhanced skill ups based on which type of gear" and "still allowed to skill up other things while wearing the gear". The other skills just wouldn't increase as fast as the specific type of gear being worn is all.
    And yep, Tokens could potentially buy all kinds of wonderful temp items that could be used during regimens and other Gym activities ^^ The sky's the limit, and based on systems like Abyssea and FoV, temp items could make all the difference in the world in those critical moments!
    I'll definitely be adding some art to reflect this awesome idea ^^ and I'll of course add a link to your post to show where the inspiration came from Thanks for the great input friend /salute
    ----------
    Just my 1st takes on the look of the >Gymnasium Gear< ^^/ (Concept Inspiration from >Glamdring's post<)

I would even be so inclined to design heavy Plate, and Battle Mage gear as well for the Super rare rewards for reaching the higher battles within the regimens
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auredant View Post
    Don't have to actually call it a gym. I think the OP was puttin the basic idea forward. And added alot of detail on how it could work. It could just as easily be a ducal guard boot camp in Jeuno...or mercenary training grounds in Whitegate.
    -------
    Yep, I wouldn't care what name they came up with, so long as it fulfills the same need ^^/ If this type of area gets implemented, it could be called "Pig Pins of Vana'diel" and Folks wouldn't care so long as they get to have fun lol
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Logandor View Post
    lol the drawing is a big win. ^.^
    ----------
    lol ^.^; Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Pretty good.. kinda like feast of swords.
    ---------
    And it would be nice to have the color of the gear represent specific skill up type, like red for Melee, white for healing magic, black for dark magic, green for ranged, orange for elemental magic, etc. similar to what they did for chocobo gear.
    I don't know if wooden versions of all weapons for training regimens would really work in all cases though. A wooden Great Axe would be pretty funny/cool to see, but it'd be pretty silly lol.
    (0)

Character
    Ozaro
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    ---------
    And it would be nice to have the color of the gear represent specific skill up type, like red for Melee, white for healing magic, black for dark magic, green for ranged, orange for elemental magic, etc. similar to what they did for chocobo gear.
    I don't know if wooden versions of all weapons for training regimens would really work in all cases though. A wooden Great Axe would be pretty funny/cool to see, but it'd be pretty silly lol.
    LOL! Wooden GA vs Wooden Scythe
    (0)

I think this is well thought out and presented very well! I actually read through the whole topic (it took ages!) and I think it's awesome that so many people support this and were giving ideas as well. I think it would make it a lot more fun to skill up, especially if it is set up in a mini-game style. Sure we all can skill up the old, tedious, boring way, but why is it when you think of a way to make something more fun (and it really could be challenging in it's own way) it's a bad idea according to some people?

Anyways I support it and I think it would be a great addition to 11. Also I have to say I loved your illustrations! I like that they were quick and loose looking, good job! (Do you use a tablet by any chance? and what program did you use?)
    (0)

--------
    Very cool idea! In my 1st thoughts when I said, "tokens" (these accumulate to be used to purchase key items called "Medals" which offer redeemable items and benefits that enhance regimen performance) I definitely had in mind equipment and weapons of some sort, so this is just driving the concept home ^^/ If done right, I'm sure there would be tons of folks happy to sport their "Gym Gear" all around town and during PvP battles lol

I would personally opt for both "enhanced skill ups based on which type of gear" and "still allowed to skill up other things while wearing the gear". The other skills just wouldn't increase as fast as the specific type of gear being worn is all.

And yep, Tokens could potentially buy all kinds of wonderful temp items that could be used during regimens and other Gym activities ^^ The sky's the limit, and based on systems like Abyssea and FoV, temp items could make all the difference in the world in those critical moments!

I'll definitely be adding some art to reflect this awesome idea ^^ and I'll of course add a link to your post to show where the inspiration came from Thanks for the great input friend /salute
    no worries man, you've done the heavy lifting on this stuff!

as to the training gear tho', I think you missed part of what I was going towards. When you go into the gym, you use the gym's equipment for alot of stuff (either you just get it walking in, or you have a special locker just at the gym to hold your work-out gear so you don't have to hold yet another set of stuff in your regular storage for each job). Sort of like noone expects you to come to the gym and bring your own heavy bag if you get my meaning.

If they decide to go with the more military training option, the "Obstacle"-i'm sorry-"Confidence Course" could be used, plus heavy bags, "rifle range" and the simulator are all viable. Yes, i know it's a pseudo-mideval game but we have helicopter ships and ships with (it looks like) steam engines, and even robots (Automatons anyone?), so specialized golems and the like are certainly not out of the question.

Oh, don't know if you mentioned it, but any PvP needs to have some type of auto level sync. I think you addressed it already, but it's alot of posts to dig through to check.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    LOL! Wooden GA vs Wooden Scythe
    --------
    I had to see how it would look!! ><; >Wooden GA vs Wooden Scythe<
    (0)

Player
    This has been the only thread I've seen that actually would contribute to the game. Everything else I've seen is either a whine or flamefest. Usually both.
    (0)

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast