Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Impressions on the New Walk of the echoes

So I tried the new walk of the echoes.

The content diffuculty is ok, but the reward/effort is terrible.

As expected the +1 armor drop rate from the final chest is very bad, like for the NQ. So i'm after windbuffet+1 belt and nomkhappa belts +1, even though they arent that great I decieded to spend some time farming them.

I just did approx 10 High level flux 15 and 13. If you count every one in my party that's 60 chests for each walks, so 120 chests. We only got 2 HQitems, the ones that arent good of course.

So needless to say it's probably the last time I do it and I'll just end up buying the items off the AH like I did for NQ windbuffet and nomkhappa mittens, at an insane price. WoE will die very fast.

The only reward you get is 2~3k Job point and that's not even good considering the effort. you kill 10 mobs in Who gates (5 minutes) with a party and you get more already lol.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Nah, WoE would die in 1~2 months like other easy reward events if you can get 1 HQ item in 10 runs, since you can just spam them.
    (2)

the issue is most of the items are not very good. How come level 118 items are actually worse in some ways than the 117 or 115 gear? I mean negative stats on them and stuff like that? yuck.

Look at this for example:

Otomi Helm: DEF:100 HP+32 MP+22 STR+27 DEX+17 VIT+22 AGI+17 INT+16 MND+16 CHR+16 Attack+20 Evasion+26 Magic Evasion+28 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+8% "Double Attack"+3%
    Which of course can be further augmented

Vs.

Smilodon Mask +1: DEF:97 HP+34 MP+23 STR+20 DEX+21 VIT+20 AGI+21 INT+17 MND+17 CHR+19 Evasion+41 Magic Evasion+52 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Guarding skill +10 Haste+8% "Counter"+3 "Regen"+1

How is this mask 3 item levels higher than otomi, yet it has less attack, less strength, less vit, no double attack? Sure it has more evasion and magic evasion, but it's still not very good, especially for jobs without counter or guarding to make those two stats worthwhile. And PUP isn't even on it.

They needed to make items much much better than what's easily available for this event to last.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Otomi Helm is based off the NQ version (106) which had STR on it before it became Ilv, I mean even the I.lv 106 version has 20 STR o-o. Like Vanir boots having way more AGI than other footwear, some items preserve a higher stat spread based on what they'd be without I.lv

For instance, say an I.lv 115 piece gives STR/DEX/VIT/AGI+20 INT/MND/CHR+15 as a base, so an item with STR+27 DEX+27 VIT+27 AGI+20 would mean that if you removed the Item level vomit it would be STR+7 DEX+7 VIT+7... meaning Otomi Helm has high STR because its designed to have more STR... If that doesn't make sense, imagine the stats Byakko's Haidate would have at I.lv119... most pants armor dont give DEX, so you'd have STR+/DEX+15/Other stuff... Or Imagine that Otomi helm is the Genbu's Kabuto of I.lv, except with STR... Is it making sense now? IDK, I can't always explain my points well... Armor still has Stats, its just Item level stats make it hard to determine what those stats are.

But as far as that to Smilodon Mask? IDK, Smilodon Mask has STR/VIT+8 on the NQ, so the HQ should theoretically have higher STR/VIT than other I.lv118 pieces if they kept that uniqueness to it. Also Double Attack isn't an I.lv Stat.. so... that seem irrelevant.

Anyway in case its not clear, I agree with you, its simply that I.lv stats aren't just equal across the board, they have some reason >_>
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-25-2014 at 11:42 AM.

I'm taking the wild guess that these new gears from WoE are meant to trickle into the AH for people who missed out on Delve/WKR/Skirmish since those events seem to have died down shout-wise.
    (0)

The new WoE as an event has positively surprised me to be fair.
    At first I was really sceptical about the whole "Random pop" thing, but it actually worked a lot better than I had expected it would.

As for the droprate:
    That was to be expected, one can't expect to get everything the first time they do this event.

The drops themselves:
    As expected, some minor improvements on some (mostly accessoires), some major on other (Summoner pants come to mind) and of course the completely useless items.
    The funniest part about it for me is though, the prices on most of the NQ items have plummeted on Bahamut, like all that gear suddenly became bad.

I'm grateful, though.
    My WHM mule had some cheap upgrades due to this, apart from that WoE is still an excellent source of income.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    the issue is most of the items are not very good. How come level 118 items are actually worse in some ways than the 117 or 115 gear? I mean negative stats on them and stuff like that? yuck.

Look at this for example:

Otomi Helm: DEF:100 HP+32 MP+22 STR+27 DEX+17 VIT+22 AGI+17 INT+16 MND+16 CHR+16 Attack+20 Evasion+26 Magic Evasion+28 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+8% "Double Attack"+3%

Vs.

Smilodon Mask +1: DEF:97 HP+34 MP+23 STR+20 DEX+21 VIT+20 AGI+21 INT+17 MND+17 CHR+19 Evasion+41 Magic Evasion+52 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Guarding skill +10 Haste+8% "Counter"+3 "Regen"+1

How is this mask 3 item levels higher than otomi, yet it has less attack, less strength, less vit, no double attack? Sure it has more evasion and magic evasion, but it's still not very good, especially for jobs without counter or guarding to make those two stats worthwhile. And PUP isn't even on it.

They needed to make items much much better than what's easily available for this event to last.
    To be fair WoE provides a lot of gear upgrade as well. Pixie hairpin +1,windbuffet +1 and Nomkah mitten +1 are all very good, mitten even bazaar for 25M~40M on my server.

Most other pieces are minor upgrade to current gear options as well. I see some good macc pieces, ranged DD pieces, and enmity+ feet for RUN. Compare with A.skirmish it's much better.
    (0)

hey I sold my windbuffet +1 for 10 mil gil (it's now around 6 mil on AH) so I am not complaining. I used the cash to buy almost every other drop I could want from the event (minus mittens and pixie which are either outright unavailable or too expensive for my tastes). I'd rather have 10 bits of gear that are situationally useful or somewhat good and millions in my pocket than that extra double and triple attack for the time being. I'll hold on to my NQ until I get lucky on another +1.

That said it seems like the event is already dead dead dead on my server... so they obviously need to add a few more drops that suck less. I mean, I don't mind some of these drops, they are sort of neat and I might be able to do something with them but they really don't beat out the sparks gear for the most part which is sort of a downer.

Or the event will just die off completely again and the dev time will be wasted.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 09-26-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post

Vs.

You're comparing headgear with Attack and Double Attack with a headgear with high M.Eva, MDB, Guard, Counter, and Regen? You don't see how they could not be intended to do the same thing?
    (0)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Again in his(?) defense, the original Smilodon mask did have STR/VIT+8 as primary stats, and this mask seems to have sub-average/average STR/VIT in comparison to other I.lv armor.

And most if not all gear from WoE maintained its original values no matter how useless those stats me be in that slot
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast