Where we're going, we don't need rails.

(9)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I completely understand the word of vanilla and it's use, but it is more correct to use other terms
    It's not more correct. It's an acceptable synonym. Any word which can be used to mean the same thing is equally correct. You not liking a term doesn't make it less correct.
    (7)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    They were not calling XI vanilla but windower that doesn't have any of the bells or whistles as vanilla.*rolls eyes and headesks* you know like the basic model of a car that only has the things that come standard for that model. Instead of let's say leather seats and every seat can be heated. The windows can be heated ect. Obviously those things probably won't be included in the cheapest model of the car.
    It's still the same idea.

Almost none of the responses in Selinfails dictionary responses support the use of Vanilla as a term (it doesn't matter how many people you think agrees with you, doesn't make it correct). I'm not at war with common speech, because many people think people like you guys who refer to stuff as "vanilla" as illiterate and retarded. I've refrained from calling you such things, but to hopefully make you guys better understand how incorrect you are. That is ok though because apparently 99.99% population agrees with you that vanilla is/has/always be the appropriate term to use on anything you want.

I just went and took a vanilla the other day. I also drove my vanilla to the vanilla store to buy some vanilla. I had this weird vanilla the other day while sleeping, so I woke up to vanilla while hitting snooze on my vanilla so I could vanilla a bit longer. I then went and played some vanilla with my friends while we chatted about vanilla. I then took my vanilla girlfriend to a vanilla restaurant where we ordered a bunch of vanilla. In the end, it was just a plain old vanilla day.

I concede. I thoroughly enjoyed referring to everything as vanilla. I will do it for now on.

Vanilla out
    (1)
    Last edited by PlumbGame; 09-17-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    It's still the same idea.

Almost none of the responses in Selinfails dictionary responses support the use of Vanilla as a term (it doesn't matter how many people you think agrees with you, doesn't make it correct). I'm not at war with common speech, because many people think people like you guys who refer to stuff as "vanilla" as illiterate and retarded. I've refrained from calling you such things, but to hopefully make you guys better understand how incorrect you are. That is ok though because apparently 99.99% population agrees with you that vanilla is/has/always be the appropriate term to use on anything you want.

I just went and took a vanilla the other day. I also drove my vanilla to the vanilla store to buy some vanilla. I had this weird vanilla the other day while sleeping, so I woke up to vanilla while hitting snooze on my vanilla so I could vanilla a bit longer. I then went and played some vanilla with my friends while we chatted about vanilla. I then took my vanilla girlfriend to a vanilla restaurant where we ordered a bunch of vanilla. In the end, it was just a plain old vanilla day.

I concede. I thoroughly enjoyed referring to everything as vanilla. I will do it for now on.

Vanilla out
    ....*Yawn*

Sometimes it's okay to just admit that you're wrong.
    (6)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    ....*Yawn*

Sometimes it's okay to just admit that you're wrong.
    lawls

/10chars

EDIT:

I mean vanilla lawls

/10vanillachars
    (0)
    Last edited by PlumbGame; 09-18-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    For an exploit of this magnitutude, serious action should of been taken.
    Pardon me for guessing but, do you not mean should have, instead of should of? This... thing... is spreading like some unspeakable monstrosity that should be stopped. Like kappa, that isn't kappa. I believe that should of is not correct, at all, and I think a lot of simple DuckDuckGo search results (or whatever engine one might prefer to use) will agree with me.

Please, do not take this too personal, for it is indeed a widespread thing. I'dn't've replied to this if I didn't have something to say about the topic itself here, but since I do, I couldn't resist. : D

I like to ask people to go ahead and replace every of in their future dialogue with have to illustrate why it doesn't work. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    2) Dual box, you need 2 PC or 1 PC 1 console if you need to play multiple character without windower. Personally I can't afford 2 PC and I don't have a console version, so I can't dual box. That means I can't farm plasm/gil as fast as dual box players.
    Not entirely true!

To my knowledge, virtual machines, as well as compatibility layers (Wine on Linux, which is my choice) are just fine, as they don't modify the client, nor do they give any sort of unfair advantages.

Since 2005, Wine is indeed the only third-party software I have ever used in conjunction with FINAL FANTASY XI/X|V. Yes, I'm one of those crazy people who don't do them “enhancers” simply out of respect towards the rules, and really, I have not had the need. Sure I wont be able to do what others (majority?) might, but that's to be expected when they use such helpers. ^^;

When I'm a part of a community such as this one here, I always tend to imagine myself laying out the rules for my own game/community. That is to say, I certainly would like people to play by them, not choose what to respect and what not. If I wanted that, I would not have made them rules at all, or I would make it clear they are mere suggestions, and/or guidelines (such as use of common sense).

Violating the rules affects the community in various ways, no matter how much some seem to be telling themselves, and others, that the only effects are them having more fun.

Messing about with a single-player game can be fun (something like having Aeris beat Sephiroth in FINAL FANTASY VII for example), but ultimately, I always enjoy the most when I play a game the way it's meant to be played, and will not abuse glitches when not actually trying to break a thing in testing for example, to have it fixed, or while otherwise having fun within the limits of copyrights and all.

Do I think Windower users should be banished? Sure. A short vacation of three (3) days might do. If people would quit over it and it would end the game as we know it, so be it. This, too, is not personal; I don't blame people using it, and I don't jump at the throats of players who do. Some only use(d) it for the windowed-mode when it was not possible via official means, which it now is.

Furthermore, it is SqEX who should have been enforcing their rules all this time, but chose not to. I imagine it's way too late to start now.

I'm glad this thread has not been removed/locked (yet), which I might guess will happen sooner or later. It raises awareness, and hopefully makes users question if they want to pay for this particular service still. I for one, still do, but that's only because I still have friends around. The service itself has unfortunately been disappointing to say the least, and this kind of community management fer sure doesn't make it any better.

I would guess, or rather hope, that they are indeed still investigating this specific case, and hopefully will at least remove all the ill-gotten goodies, and I would not mind the accounts suspended permanently, with the customers blocked from every other services of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda2013 View Post
    When are the devs going to chime in?
    Methinks developers rarely deal with rule enforcement, for it's usually the job of gamemasters and other such moderators. Yeah, you probably meant those, and I'm merely nitpicking; no offence intended! ^^

That being said, I doubt we will get much of an answer here, though I don't consider it completely impossible. Matters regarding accounts of other users is simply not a thing that they discuss with other users. I think I can guess what the answer will be like, if there will be any. It will be either that, or the thread will simply disappear. It might be a general reminder on exploits and third-party applications being a violation of the Terms of Service.

Nevertheless, I'm still rooting for a there is an ongoing investigation to confirm the scope of the exploit(s), and proper actions will be taken in due time. I fear it will be too late in many ways by then, since it seems they released the perpetrators already, but oh well...

Blubb!
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 09-20-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: \ö/
    ...or so the legend says.

Honestly if they aren't going to ban the cheaters they should at least lower mythic requirements. It makes them a joke if more than half of the mythics that exist are due to cheating. Give the non cheaters a chance to get one with a less ridiculous time sink.
    (9)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE's temporary 3 day ban for those that were caught cheating was most likely due to their examination of the number of accounts that would be lost if they banned them all. SE is a FOR PROFIT company after all, and making money is their bottom line.

Nevertheless, this serves as a bad precedent for the state of the game. That SE cares more for their bottom line than the rules they wrote for the game. This will most likely end up with more people using 3rd party programs since they will be embrazened with the fact that SE just wants money.

What can be done about this really all depends on SE. The problem is both with the gilsellers and the gilbuyers, without 1 the other wouldn't exist. Perhaps is SE sold gil directly, at always cutrate rates of the gilsellers, that would eliminate the gilsellers and gain them the lost income, although at the expense of an inflating economy.

Or even selling items directly to players(IE a mythic for $1000). SE already does this already by the physical items that are sold with the special bonus codes for in game items. For me, i've bought some of these items JUST for the code, and consider the IRL item the bonus item. I'm sure there are others that did this just for the ingame item as well, it is only SE's choice to view the code as the bonus and not the item that you are paying to obtain. In reality/in game it is basically the same thing, just a different point of view.

There will always be those that are willing to pay real money for an ingame item, ie buying gil to buy an item in game so why not SE sell it directly and get rid of the gilsellers. As long as SE keeps their cost per gil below that of which gilsellers can turn a profit, that removes the gilsellers(NON SE), and therefor the gilbuyers(NON SE). Yes it will cause inflation but it is occuring now already, so why not SE profit from it. With said profits it would then be feasible to ban players that cheat instead of giving them a temp 3 day ban. I cite the IRL example of prohabition in the US. People still found a way to get alcohol and eventually the ban was lifted. There is no way to stop those that are willing to pay real world money for ingame items so why not facilitate a method that is within SE rules(yes rules would have to be rewritten but since SE makes the rules it is easy and up to them to do so).

There is no silver bullet fix for this issue, but this could be 1 option.
    (3)

Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    Seems a few lm-31s were passed out today. Some people I know for sure did the salvage exploit were hit, but not all of them. So maybe it's related to the assault tag thing that was just patched
    (0)

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast