Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM in endgame

Player

RDM in endgame

Was going to make this a reply, but it seems if you don't get a reply from SE in the first week of a thread you never will.

Still waiting on SE to look into fixing rdm, especially after announcing they are giving brd some attention.

Many different ways you can fix RDM, obviously not all of them, that would make it overpowered and some of them even contradict others if you attempt to implement them all.

Rework merit category and pull the spells out giving rdm access to 5/5 versions at all times, making category 2 merits for ja and job trait buffs

Make merit category 2 be a new tier of enfeeble magic, slow 3, bio/dia 4, para 3, blind 3, phalanx 3 (with -dt II) move all rdm merit spells into scroll spells at a 5/5 potency

Make phalanx II a % based buff with -DT II to break the 50% cap, each 1 merit can = 2% DT II to a cap of -10% DT II

Give Dia magic Defense Down as well

Give Bio Magic Attack Down as well

Rework the m. acc formula so that over 500 skill doesn't take such a penalty to m. acc

Give rdm a new tier of enfeebles (Dia 4, bio 4, poison 3 are already in the game)

Remove the resist of enfeebles on rdm and base the potency off skill/MND combo (you know, like you gave geo so much power with)

Give rdm faith/bravery, (already in the game no need for new animation) many different things you can do with those such as reflect, eva, m. eva, def+, tp move avoidance

Give rdm decent melee gear, only job in the game still using skirmish gear for damage.

Give rdm higher MaB job trait

Give rdm a few tiers of a new job triat for M. Acc (affinity m. acc)

Allow lvl 50+ spells to be used with /sch accession (this would promote the need for a rdm main, especially haste when geo haste is stronger and AoE, smn and blu both can AoE haste 2)

Allow temper to be cast on others

Rework Enspell 2 (Enfire II; Triple attack (this being triple attack would counter the complaint of temper II becoming target-able double attack instead of self triple attack)
    Enblizzard II; Increase MaB bonus
    Enaero II; Increases both m. eva and physical eva, (both of them since rdm doesn't get a fenrir like enspell)
    Enstone II; Increase def
    Enthunder II; Increased critical hit dmg/chance
    Enwater II; Increase magic accuracy or magic defense (I would personally prefer m. def))

Fix barspell potency (right now rdm caps at 150 resist with the highest possible enhance magic)

Give rdm a tp gain down spell like nin has (most fights are revolved around tp moves in this game giving rdm a decently potent tp down spell would increase the need for rdm main on certain fights)

Bar-stun, bar-doom, bar-light/bar-dark would be nice....

Maybe give rdm access to AoE enfeebles, again rdm is master of enfeebles, why can't rdm enfeeble AoE but blm can. Sleepga/breakga

How about a spell to give other jobs fastcast? Cor has a roll, why can't rdm, the fast cast job, give out fastcast?

Regen 3 already, seriously.... Whm, Run, Sch, Brd, Cor, Geo all get better tiers of Regen, (brd can cast more than one)

A spell to increase attack/m.attk? Again, why not cor, geo, and brd all have something (brd lacks m. attk) This would balance out the geo only shouts to geo or rdm. Or at the very least those annoying geo x2 shouts to the geo and rdm shouts.

enhance duration gear is useless, nobody says, "hey that rdm has a lot of enhance duration gear, invite them." Giving geo such a powerful haste killed rdm need for haste 2, giving nuke jobs /rdm convert and Myrkr staff weaponskill killed rdm need for refresh. Honestly don't even think 50 tick refresh rdm would get invited, blm parties just pop ethers, tp wings, aspir 3 and never run out of MP. That is how we clear our helms.

enfeeble duration gear is utterly useless in comparison to geo debuffs AND rdm not being able to land enfeeble much less most rdm enfeebles are next to useless

Poison, Bio, Slow, Para, Bind, Blind, and Silence are almost never used due to resist and when/if they do land they do nothing to change the battle since everything is tp based damage.

The DoT of Dia, Poison, and Bio are pathetically weak when you are talking about nm's with 2mil hp, they don't even make a dent on a 200k hp nm. Seriously by the time you use sabo then poison 2, you could have auto-attacked for more damage than the poison 2 will do in it's duration due to animation lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    My vote is to unnerf saboteur. And make enhance enfeeble effects gear and saboteur work on dia/bio. Bump dia/bio on all tiers by another 5% for rdm main.

Change all the stupid self only spells to target party member. Also change all make it so phalanx and enspell 1 and 2 count the gear of the caster on cast. Instead of silly things like the target or when you hit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    RDM is NOT a party enhancer like GEO, BRD or COR time spent on enhancing should be directed at BRD. If any enhancing magic is added, it should stay as self-cast only. (Sorry just my opinion) Reraise and Regen III would be nice.

Where RDM really needs a fix is in it's true role, Enfeebling.

For a start they shouldn't be weaker on NM's and while resistance is possible it shouldn't be complete resistance depending on what SE feels like when they make the NM's.

I also do agree with your Magic Accuracy trait, could do it +10 for first tier up to +50 maybe.

Dia III should be at least -20% Defense, 5% more for a Merit spell over Dia II is ridiculous.

Paralyze II should actually do something on NM's and not actually just seem like a waste of MP.

Addle II Should reduce Magic Attack Bonus and Magic Accuracy.

Slow II should also reduce enemy Regain, since they insist on giving them all it now.

Add Poision III with at least 500 HP/tic
    Personally I would like to see poison 3 at 1k+

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Stymie should be passive.
    This 100 times over, stop giving us enhance/enfeeble duration let us focus on enfeeble skill/MND or INT instead of the need to balance m. acc, skill, stat all at once. Make a few minor potency adjustments to some of the spells and this with a potency increase would fix rdm overnight.

Why doesn't Murgleis have higher m. acc and/or enfeeble potency?

STOP GIVING OTHER JOBS VERSIONS OF RDM SPELLS
    (3)
    Last edited by Thorva; 12-23-2016 at 05:30 AM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    How to fix RDM:
    Step1)

Nerf geo to the ground

Step2)
    Give RDM some type of enfeeble that reduces the damage of mob TP moves and/or a way to reduce mobs TP gain/drain it

RDM also needs to be able to accession haste2 and refresh 2. All of it's enfeebles need to ignore mob resist rates or it's new 1 hour should be 1-5m cd instead of 1 hour.

Honestly, there's no way to make RDM ever useful without nerfing geo the ground. Geo breaks the game in half.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-16-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Put simply, bar Temper, all enhancing magic should be Accessionble. The excuse that it should only be if SCH has access to it is ridiculous.

Temper is too powerful to be accessionable, and unlike the OP I am not okay with gimping it so it can be.

Quite frankly I agree very little with the OP, seems to just be about turning RDM into another GEO. The best idea, to me, seemed to be Phalanx II changes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-16-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Player
    Put simply, bar Temper, all enhancing magic should be Accessionble. The excuse that it should only be if SCH has access to it is ridiculous.

Temper is too powerful to be accessionable, and unlike the OP I am not okay with gimping it so it can be.

Quite frankly I agree very little with the OP, seems to just be about turning RDM into another GEO. The best idea, to me, seemed to be Phalanx II changes.
    Gimping temper for castable version is also why I said to make enfire II have triple attack bonus to it, also sadly geo will never be nerfed, only chance for rdm is to beef it to the point of on par with geo. I really disagree with doing it myself, but it seems geo is where it will stay. I would rather they nerf a few jobs things in the game. Geo included.

Also, I said NOT to use all of the options, only a few, do them all and rdm will become way overpowered.
    (0)
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I can almost going to guarantee you that they wont make it so other jobs can use a sch ja better than sch can just out of principle

My vote is to unnerf saboteur. And make enhance enfeeble effects gear and saboteur work on dia/bio. Bump dia/bio on all tiers by another 5% for rdm main.

Change all the stupid self only spells to target party member. Also change all make it so phalanx and enspell 1 and 2 count the gear of the caster on cast. Instead of silly things like the target or when you hit
    (1)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yeah I gotta say. These are some great ideas no doubt. I hope SE takes a look at them cause I feel you're defiantly onto something.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I can almost going to guarantee you that they wont make it so other jobs can use a sch ja better than sch can just out of principle

It isn't using it better than SCH, having more spells work doesn't mean suddenly they are better. You are already limited on the 2 Stratagems only when /sch not to mention all you'd gain from it is Haste II which doesn't matter since you'd also have Haste Accessionable and GEO + SCH/RDM would then be able to cap magical haste without RDM.

Also I like how it's deemed as not fine for a job to take advantage of a subjob, yet perfectly fine for SCH to take advantage, and do better, RDM's spells /RDM.

Or even Convert to be as potent for any job /RDM

In fact pretty much anything that was unique to RDM has been passed onto another job whether it's SCH, PLD, RUN or even GEO.

-

And in turn nerf them all as they are balanced around being self-cast, no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorva View Post
    Gimping temper for castable version is also why I said to make enfire II have triple attack bonus to it, also sadly geo will never be nerfed, only chance for rdm is to beef it to the point of on par with geo. I really disagree with doing it myself, but it seems geo is where it will stay. I would rather they nerf a few jobs things in the game. Geo included.

Also, I said NOT to use all of the options, only a few, do them all and rdm will become way overpowered.
    And in turn you lock them to an enspell to gain what they already had, it's still a nerf.

If they added Temper to cast on others anyway it'd change nothing, it would be weakened to the point of not being worth it.

RDM is NOT a party enhancer like GEO, BRD or COR time spent on enhancing should be directed at BRD. If any enhancing magic is added, it should stay as self-cast only. (Sorry just my opinion) Reraise and Regen III would be nice.

Where RDM really needs a fix is in it's true role, Enfeebling.

For a start they shouldn't be weaker on NM's and while resistance is possible it shouldn't be complete resistance depending on what SE feels like when they make the NM's.

I also do agree with your Magic Accuracy trait, could do it +10 for first tier up to +50 maybe.

Dia III should be at least -20% Defense, 5% more for a Merit spell over Dia II is ridiculous.

Paralyze II should actually do something on NM's and not actually just seem like a waste of MP.

Addle II Should reduce Magic Attack Bonus and Magic Accuracy.

Slow II should also reduce enemy Regain, since they insist on giving them all it now.

Add Poision III with at least 500 HP/tic

As new spell ideas you could do something like:

Darkness - Reduces target special attack accuracy.

Imperil - Reduces the target's magical defense.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-17-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    not to mention all you'd gain from it is Haste II which doesn't matter since you'd also have Haste Accessionable and GEO + SCH/RDM would then be able to cap magical haste without RDM.
    So if you gain so little and it doesn't matter then why do you care? Does it matter or doesn't it?

Also I like how it's deemed as not fine for a job to take advantage of a subjob, yet perfectly fine for SCH to take advantage, and do better, RDM's spells /RDM.

Or even Convert to be as potent for any job /RDM
    It isn't using it better than SCH, having more spells work doesn't mean suddenly they are better. You are already limited on the 2 Stratagems only when /sch
    So basically what I gather from this is having more strats outweights everything else. You are certainly entitled to that opinion but it's just that. And so that's not really what's being deemed here as others see it differently. What I'm saying is on principle SE is unlikely to allow another job to do more things with a sch job ability than sch main job. Especially since they probably view all the enhanced durations as a sort of fix since you wont have to recast as often anyways
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 12-17-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So if you gain so little and it doesn't matter then why do you care? Does it matter or doesn't it?
    lol, really? My point was making Refresh II, Refresh III, and Haste II Accessionable will not make RDM suddenly the go-to mage over SCH, but that's not to say it wouldn't be a welcomed change, not EVERYTHING has to be so massive it completely changes the game. It's a QoL change.

So basically what I gather from this is having more strats outweights everything else. You are certainly entitled to that opinion but it's just that. And so that's not really what's being deemed here as others see it differently. What I'm saying is on principle SE is unlikely to allow another job to do more things with a sch job ability than sch main job. Especially since they probably view all the enhanced durations as a sort of fix since you wont have to recast as often anyways
    No, not even remotely.

Having more chance to augment it further by using Accession > Perpetuance > Spell while having many more spells along with spells stolen from RDM when /RDM outweighs allowing two spells, one of which it's possible to Accession the first tier already when /RDM, to work under Accession.

Enhancing Duration does nothing when 99% of enemies either have Full Dispel or spams Dispel moves.
    (0)

Player
    My point was making Refresh II, Refresh III, and Haste II Accessionable will not make RDM suddenly the go-to mage over SCH, but that's not to say it wouldn't be a welcomed change, not EVERYTHING has to be so massive it completely changes the game. It's a QoL change.

Having more chance to augment it further by using Accession > Perpetuance > Spell while having many more spells along with spells stolen from RDM when /RDM outweighs allowing two spells, one of which it's possible to Accession the first tier already when /RDM, to work under Accession.

Enhancing Duration does nothing when 99% of enemies either have Full Dispel or spams Dispel moves.
    I am actually leaning towards this side of the debate, sch with 30 second strats and 5 of them, reigns king over rdm in buff situation especially with /rdm spells. Sch still has self sc spells so rdm will never be chosen over sch. (huge foul ball by SE, but now we have to work with that and geo being OP since it is too late for SE to nerf either at this point)

Even making refresh 3 and haste 2 accession capable will do little to nothing to place rdm in the party. Rdm still can't give mages m.attk or lower mob m.def like geo can, AND... geo haste is a stronger haste. Not to mention the mass amount of mana powder, myrkr, aspir 1/2/3, and ethers available for mages.

Accession haste 2 and refresh 3, might be enough to get rdm in the tank party as a battery again, but that is a wasted slot and only increases mob HP, this is not a fix.

Rdm needs more than just accession spells for lvl 50+ rdm, reworking some of the spells would fix that.

Phalanx 2 = -DT II% would help, but that would only help lower gear/skill groups get some helm wins, upper gear/skill players are already doing it without.

Remove full resist enfeeble magic would greatly increase rdm potential, however with para/slow being next to useless vs tp nm's it wouldn't change the battle enough to add more hp to nm. If you change the values from full resist to a base of 5-10% and have enfeeble skill/mnd be the potency increase up to a max value. This would increase the value of enfeeble magic again. (hasn't been useful since lvl 75)

Adding in new tier of enfeeble magic, this tier would not only ignore full resist but also add in
    -m.def on dia 4,
    -m.attk on bio 4,
    increased potency on poison 3 (weaker than helix but last as long for those recovery moments)
    -tp gain on slow 3,
    para 3 to actually para the nm once in a while
    blind 3 to lower nm acc enough to matter (everything AoE doesn't help much)

I am ok with addle II as it is since it increases casting time and lowers m. acc as long as we have another way to compete with geo

Rdm merit category 2 seriously penalizes rdm potential, forcing rdm to only have a maximum of 2 of those spells at 5/5 really hurts, and phalanx 2 is near useless.

Furthermore, I understand these all can't be at the same potency of geo, they need to be a good 10% weaker than idris geo. (prefer it to be above dunna) This not only prevents rdm from becoming overpowered, but also gives reason for geo's to do more than just 900 skill.

In earlier post I stated adjusting temper, I never said it was a perfect idea, I only brought it up as an idea to put rdm in the battlefield. Same with the enspell ideas, I am just trying to come up with half decent ideas and hope SE finally adjust rdm with something valuable enough to make versatile parties.

Edit:: Stoneskin II or raise the cap, this 5 pieces of gear for 180 more stoneskin is pretty sad at lvl 150 content. Wouldn't mind tranq heart being removed either.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thorva; 12-19-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast