Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Time to hono(u)r long time players?

I see a few players still running around when I started and it makes me wonder why long time players with older pol IDs have not been recognized by the dev team.

I was thinking or a reward of some kind during the adventurer appreciation event.

thanks
    (0)

Character
    Morier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We are rewarded by having a game we love to play for so long.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    SE have already responded to similar threads in the past.

Their view is that the game should be welcoming to new players, who should not feel excluded by the fact they are new.

A new player already has to ; get level 99, skill-ups, get basic gear, get LS/friends, learn how the game works, learn the huge Vana'diel world map, get gil, etc. And this is before they even start thinking about RMEEA weapons, which can take a very long time for a new player to start and progress on.

So, as I understand it, SE feel that new adventurers already have so many things to "catch up on" that adding things they literally can't catch up on because they joined the game too late, would be overwhelming for them.

I agree with SE on this.

I once mentioned that because the game makes a record of all your "monsters killed" etc. you could be given a novelty costume or something when you kill like ten million mobs. But this would have been a fun costume item, nothing actually useful.
    (4)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Long time service should be rewarded is all I'm saying. Something like after a sub is 11 years old and has some adventuring milestones achieved. I'm sure they will give Mr. Matsui a parting gift or 2 when he steps down.
    (0)

They do reward regular subs with login campaigns, mog pells etc
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i've been on since launch... HONOUR MEEEEEEE
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I wouldn't entirely rule out something to honor longtime players. But it would be unlikely to have any effects on gameplay. At best, as Stompa suggested, it would be cosmetic- akin to how players of Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 have A Realm Reborn characters with special tattoos. You could probably expect something along the lines of unique furniture, mount, or level 1 armor.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Player
    This is an incredibly bad idea, you end up making players angry for no reason.

If you have kids then give one a present and not the other, see how that works out. MMO players are pretty similar to children in this regard.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This is an incredibly bad idea, you end up making players angry for no reason.

If you have kids then give one a present and not the other, see how that works out. MMO players are pretty similar to children in this regard.
    Actually, a lot of parents do that- give clothes to the older one and, with luck, it can be passed down to the younger one when the older one no longer fits it. Alternatively, give things to the younger one because they're the baby, then expect the older one to simply understand. Happens all the time.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Player
    How do you want to reward long time players?

Someone asked SE, a while ago, if it was possible to add the veteran rewards system used in FF14, to which it was replied that it wouldn't be fair for everyone.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast