Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Snapster
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Also, it should be noted that half should be changed to at least half but probably more. Many of the base items for Adhemar/Amalric/etc. come from login campaigns or from the goblin dial.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    It could be a good solution but the Kupo Shield users need to get a useful boost out of their 3 levels, it's sort of a kick in the teeth if it was just something like 1% per level for a rank 1/2 bonanza prize.
    Really though the people who picked the shield quite probably already made more gil then the gil payout for those rank so wouldn't be that bad for them
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I've always been of the view that people paying 200m for a +1 is retarded anyway. You deserve to lose that market. let one guy per server with his shield crash all the markets.

It's not 2005 were only the leet have +1. The worst players all have HQ abj gear. It's 2016, game over Oprah time. Easy mode go. +1 everything for everyone.

(note, I have 110 smith 110 wood 110 gold 110 cloth 110 leather 110 alch 110 bone, and I couldn't care less).

If I was active and won the shield I'd be giving +1s away just to annoy the crafters.
    I'm against that idea to be honest, quite a bit. There needs to be a distinction in effort and reward for players that really want to dig into and invest in a job vs those who spend 3 days gearing it. Otherwise it just gets depressing and seems entirely pointless. Please no reforged days again where there's people reforging every jobs gear and getting leeched leveled just to have every jobs reforge gears all 119 and claim they play every job in the game well. I really hated that, not just because those people usually played those jobs poorly even with the gear, but because it entirely removed any depth from jobs for people that actually really care about a few specific jobs. Also, it would once again make crafting pretty much if you have it, you do favors for ppl and lose gil thing, I'm for favors, but spending a ton of time and gil on a craft to only use it to craft for free is kind of a bummer.

The AH and crafting parts of the game are a nice little economy simulation and a fun aspect of the game as well imo I'm not for destroying that just to make it super easy to get max gear, and I'm against just getting max gear being easy too. There needs to be something to keep me logging in and wanting more, and I enjoy the distinction that can be had working hard on gear and the sense of reward from having worked hard and accomplishing something and then seeing it's payoffs when I use it in the field. Ultimate weapons work in this way, as do abjuration +1. In some cases, the abjuration +1 will do more for you than an ultimate weapon. So it is not something that should be just given away, no, please no. I agree that giving a few players with a high luck roll during bonanza is not a solution to HQ gear, and that it is a huge problem to allow people to basically control markets and print gil. Making it stupid easy for everyone to get abjuration +1 gear tho is not any solution either and would upset some that put in effort to get it the hard way, on top of that... for some if there's nothing left to do on their job they stop logging in, which is bad for SE. I already know a few players like that already, who after they got aeonic, been logging in and doing stuff extremely rarely because they only care about 1 or 2 jobs, and to be honest, this game has always been fairly hard core in that if you wanted to master one job it takes a career level dedication to it in game, but that if you wanted to be serviceable on many jobs that is doable too. All making it dumb easy to obtain abjuration +1 gear would do is destroy one of crafters last sources of income, destroy a large part of the economy, and destroy the ability to make a job career level with enough time and effort instead giving that ability to everyone. I really just don't like it. As for the game ending stuff, oprah mode... people been saying the game is ending since the first year of release, they have stated servers are up until people stop paying for them to be for PC so please I don't think that's a valid statement, let people who want to keep playing play, no need to try to create a situation the servers go offline forever.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    ... for some if there's nothing left to do on their job they stop logging in, which is bad for SE.
    Way more people stop logging in because they can make no progress because there is no way for people without a strong shell to make progress anymore. Having nothing but the crap tier 119 gear leaves people unable to join groups for harder content for better gear - heck lots of people can't even get into JP groups because they expect you to have a super weapon to get exp (LOL) ... soloing all day and making no progress is boring and so is getting leeched up to better gear or paying mercs for gear etc.

The 1% of the game that has everything is not this game's problem. The problem is everyone else feeling like the game is pointless because they can't play with other people because the game makes it hard to group up (shouting for hours is boring) and doesn't explain how to do anything...

Heck people just being more chill about JP parties and making the game fun again for people to play together would do so much for this game. It's the hardcore attitude that if you're not perfect you're garbage that just ruins it.

I miss when my friends still played and we'd get silly and do stuff and not worry too much if it took a bit longer or if we failed a couple times. Now folks rage quit if a single mistake has been made.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 03-02-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I'm against that idea to be honest, quite a bit. There needs to be a distinction in effort and reward for players that really want to dig into and invest in a job vs those who spend 3 days gearing it.
    In a perfect world, yes, true but that's not the reality.

The reality is that many people are reive-botting or cleaving for 5 mules during certain very profitable times of the week, making an obscene amount of gil and running out of things to spend it on. A number of people doing one are doing the other.

Is everyone? No, but many many people are. So much gil has been ... what's a good word--sketchily .. earned, lining the pockets of people while they're playing elsewhere in the game.

Of course--as with blinkers--the damage is done and so you have legitimate players struggling to play in an abused economy.

Olor: there is no way for people without a strong shell to make progress anymore.
    My advice to anyone feeling like this: Make a few friends, and level useful jobs. When I came back in November, all I had going for my PLD was Aegis and Ochain (and Priwen is sometimes better, sometimes almost as good). All of my capped mitigation sets were utterly useless. I was getting destroyed on content because I just didn't have the stats to back it up. My defense was low, compared to ilvl gear, my magic evasion was non-existent.

So I upgraded AF, Relic, Empy. I farmed Zi'tah and Ru'aun with the must-be-acknowledged help of a very special summoner friend.

Here's the thing though, I also went outside my comfort zone and started leveling other jobs so that I'd be useful in many setups. When I'd go to groups where another PLD was better geared, or my GEO was more important than my PLD, I got on GEO. Occasionally, rarely, my BLU is very very desirable and so I'll come on that.

And while having Aegis was a nice leg-up, I can honestly say that my PLD didn't do anything to gear my GEO. Much of GEO's most important gear is af/relic/empy and the rest can be earned from there.

Aside from Voidwatch (which certain people love because it forced you to bring a variety of jobs), FFXI has always had most-desired jobs in certain periods. Some people would level and fully gear their brd so they could get gear for their DRG. Some people would not.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 03-02-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Hi all, resurrecting this one to technically play the victim card but here goes.

For the last couple of months I've been hardly playing, logging on and every Tuesday I would do a Vagary event, before I lost interest in the game I was crafting a lot and making a fair amount of money, admittedly I had been on an unlucky streak at that point and my funds were decreasing but I was doing al right. So recently I started playing a bit more and was looking to get into crafting again but I noticed for alchemy on Cerberus, Voodoo Finger Gauntlets, Voodoo Cuisses and Voodoo Greaves were all going for 10m, to put it simply those are the prices of someone who can HQ T2 their synths, aka a kupo shield user (minus the greaves that anyone with capped skill can T2).

So simply put, I can't compete, I can't craft cursed stuff with my Alchemy because it would be pointless, I am already 4/5 on Voodoo myself, missing the Mail so I could still make that since T2 can't be reached but there's not a huge market for it anyway, so my only alternative really is to focus on and cap my mule's bonecraft which ironically I only levelled to provide easy access to dragon armour for my Cursed/Voodoo synthesis, other people don't have alternate crafts to switch to and will just have to change their main craft or not craft at all.

My honest recommendation would be to remove Kupo Shield and, although they have probably financially benefited greatly from owning one, recompense them with an alternate Mog Bonanza prize.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, kupo!

The Kupo Shield was designed to be a special item for Mog Bonanza, and at the moment there are no plans to introduce alternative avenues for obtaining it.
    However, in terms of synthesis, the development team is currently in the midst of planning adjustments and additions.
    Once I have details and a time frame, I will be sure to update you.
    Any update on this chief?
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    Any update on this chief?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...#mogivana29_07
    (1)