Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Sounds interesting. My MNK can't do much for that but I do have WHM ML18 and BRD ML22 (almost 23). Maybe I can try constructing some of those parties.

Last month I tried to put together a traditional party in Nest, but people kept asking "is it AOE?" Pissed me off after a while because my whole goal was to get master levels for my Monk.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Sounds interesting. My MNK can't do much for that but I do have WHM ML18 and BRD ML22 (almost 23). Maybe I can try constructing some of those parties.

Last month I tried to put together a traditional party in Nest, but people kept asking "is it AOE?" Pissed me off after a while because my whole goal was to get master levels for my Monk.
    MNK can use the Ambuscade Staff and use Cataclysm. And if nothing else, MNK is also a fantastic puller. Like I said, no job really needs to be a "carry" in Crawler's [S].
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    MNK can use the Ambuscade Staff and use Cataclysm. And if nothing else, MNK is also a fantastic puller. Like I said, no job really needs to be a "carry" in Crawler's [S].
    Ambuscade Staff.... you mean Xoanon? The thing you need a pulse weapon for? I do have capped staff skill. I also have over 40,000 potpurri. And I unlocked all the categories of stuff you can buy with potpurri. So getting the pulse weapon won't be a problem. And some years ago, I collected all weapon skills just for fun (except the relic ones.... since you need the relic to get them). It wasn't exactly a practical decision at the time.... what good is it knowing Leaden Salute if you don't play Corsair or Ranger and have no plans to do so? And I'd never heard of a Monk actually meleeing with staff.

Things that were impractical to do in the past, that I did "just for the hell of it" are suddenly practical. Now I just need them to make old Einherjar equipment good so that the TWO Balrahn Eyepatches I farmed up just to give to a goblin make sense.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ambuscade Staff.... you mean Xoanon? The thing you need a pulse weapon for? I do have capped staff skill. I also have over 40,000 potpurri. And I unlocked all the categories of stuff you can buy with potpurri. So getting the pulse weapon won't be a problem. And some years ago, I collected all weapon skills just for fun (except the relic ones.... since you need the relic to get them). It wasn't exactly a practical decision at the time.... what good is it knowing Leaden Salute if you don't play Corsair or Ranger and have no plans to do so? And I'd never heard of a Monk actually meleeing with staff.

Things that were impractical to do in the past, that I did "just for the hell of it" are suddenly practical. Now I just need them to make old Einherjar equipment good so that the TWO Balrahn Eyepatches I farmed up just to give to a goblin make sense.
    Yes, Xoanon is the Ambuscade Staff. I was using it last night on MNK and doing just fine. Up to 4 L40 at this point and MNK will be #5.
    (0)

Player
    We cleave with Magic WSs in Crawler's Nest [S]. The great part of doing this is it's actually incredibly flexible in party composition. The only two hard requirements are a tank (it does not have to be PLD; I actually prefer RUN) and a healer. I like SCH best but RDM and WHM both work but should be /SCH. It's important because you want to be able to apply Phalanx and Windstorm to your party.
    If you need Phalanx on everybody in the party, wouldn't you need RDM and SCH on the same job (either RDM/SCH or SCH/RDM). How does a WHM fit into that?
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If you need Phalanx on everybody in the party, wouldn't you need RDM and SCH on the same job (either RDM/SCH or SCH/RDM). How does a WHM fit into that?
    If you use SCH come as SCH/RDM. If you're relying on WHM, it's probably best to just make due without Phalanx. Worst case, you'll have to reduce the number of mobs you're pulling. The puller can make up for this to some extent by coming /WAR and keeping Defender up all the time. Oddly enough, we've had a RDM in every party we've done so far. . . sometimes two. And a SCH to boot.

You could also come /RDM and only Phalanx the puller and any player likely to get hate and forego the Windstorm. . . although the damage increase from Windstorm is nice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 07-01-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Player
    If you use SCH come as SCH/RDM. If you're relying on WHM, it's probably best to just make due without Phalanx. Worst case, you'll have to reduce the number of mobs you're pulling. The puller can make up for this to some extent by coming /WAR and keeping Defender up all the time. And if push really comes to shove, the RUN or PLD can cast Phalanx on at least the puller who will need it the most. Oddly enough, we've had a RDM in every party we've done so far. . . sometimes two. And a SCH to boot.

You could also come /RDM and only Phalanx the puller and any player likely to get hate and forego the Windstorm. . . although the damage increase from Windstorm is nice.

Here is a guide I put together on doing this method. Although, I did not address Phalanx when using a WHM. Fail: https://youtu.be/PVFaXcud5ig
    Phalanx is self target only. Phalanx II -- which is RDM 75 -- can be cast on others. Couldn't the tank do the pulling? I guess that might slow things down a little because you can't do new pulls until the current crop of mobs is dead. But as my friend Greg used to say, you piss with the pecker you got.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Phalanx is self target only. Phalanx II -- which is RDM 75 -- can be cast on others. Couldn't the tank do the pulling? I guess that might slow things down a little because you can't do new pulls until the current crop of mobs is dead. But as my friend Greg used to say, you piss with the pecker you got.
    SCH can AoE Phalanx. It's one of the notable perks of what makes the job generally superior to taking a WHM.

Your friend Greg sounds like a pearl of wisdom.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I would avoid the tank pulling as that's probably the slowest way to do this. But if that's what it takes, go for it. If you don't have Phalanx, just adjust your buffs and strategy to make up for it i.e. smaller, more frequent pulls. Puller could also /RDM as that is the person who needs it the most. Don't worry too much. Just head down there, try it out, and adjust as necessary with your party.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 06-29-2022 at 02:52 AM.

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I WAS in crawlers Nest S just 5 mins ago once i packed my mobs soem guy comes and banish GA's my Mobs and sentinels and run's away while i was packing them for aeolian edge i was doing this alone, honestly Fuck your Stupid Design, Fuck this AOE Meta and fuck people maybe i should buy gill like everyone else and join bott parties because thats what Square wants us to do by not changing anything even after 5 years of constant Blatant botting people don't even hide it anymore, Cant even fucking find a Party in this game ANYMORE, fuck windower
    (3)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 06-29-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast