Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why don't you....as a developer, figure out a way to make Reive EXCITING, WORTH WILE and ADDICTIVE. You see this old musty content, aka Abyssea..... why don't you learn a thing or three from it. Change it so that SoA is for lvl 75-99. Please be smart, lowering the entry level will means more people see A REASON to buy and play the new expansion. Stop with the retarded LVL 99 only....

Make it so that Reive is an alternative way to get xp and bayld from lvl 75-99. Learn from Campaign!!! The mob pop super fast, which is amazing. Make them easier to kill - and all get 200-400 xp per kill. Throw random golden glow mobs that will give you 1000 xp - 1k bayld if you kill them, make it a bit higher level as well, 103 or something.

This way people can get a level doing this, cap it so that xp is 40k ish with 6-8k bayld cap at 30 mnts per reive. And you must do something to be eligible. Grant auto reraise. And temp items random every 5 mnts, say 2 random temp items that stacks till you use them.

ADD a GOV/Dominion Page version in ALL those NPCs colonization in the jungle. This way people have REASONS to kill 5 mobs for auto repeat xp and bayld. And more people will see reasons to GROUP, Duo or Trio. New areas will actually be a good alternative to EXP outside Abyssea.

Let us skill ups FASTER, in the 0.3-0.5 digit when under ionis effect and doing reive. This way more people will do this. And for god sake, stop thinking we are dumb. We can see what you are trying to do. We gladly pay and play more if the content is actually fun and we are getting something worth wasting our time whacking more roots.
    (3)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 04-09-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Make it so that Reive is an alternative way to get xp and bayld from lvl 75-99. Learn from Campaign!!! The mob pop super fast, which is amazing. Make them easier to kill - and all get 200-400 xp per kill. Throw random golden glow mobs that will give you 1000 xp - 1k bayld if you kill them, make it a bit higher level as well, 103 or something.
    I like the idea of NM reive mobs that rarely spawn in place of a killed regular mob, but instead of xp/bayld, have it add an additional item at the end of a reive. This item could be Seekers unique, or one of many upgrade items needed for magian trials. Everyone loves a surprise alexandrite, heavy metal plate or even some dynamis currency!

This way people can get a level doing this, cap it so that xp is 40k ish with 6-8k bayld cap at 30 mnts per reive. And you must do something to be eligible. Grant auto reraise. And temp items random every 5 mnts, say 2 random temp items that stacks till you use them.
    Content is meant for lvl 99, so leveling isn't the prime concern. Merits are only 10k, and most people are capped on those as well. Reive Unity and coalition upgrades already give reive improvements, although additional temp items couldn't hurt.

ADD a GOV/Dominion Page version in ALL those NPCs colonization in the jungle. This way people have REASONS to kill 5 mobs for auto repeat xp and bayld. And more people will see reasons to GROUP, Duo or Trio. New areas will actually be a good alternative to EXP outside Abyssea.
    There are Gather reives that require mob drops, and there is at least one quest that asks you to kill x mobs that seems to be repeatable. Unfortunately those mobs are bees, and you can't leave the zone or it'll reset, but it's there.

Let us skill ups FASTER, in the 0.3-0.5 digit when under ionis effect and doing reive. This way more people will do this. And for god sake, stop thinking we are dumb. We can see what you are trying to do. We gladly pay and play more if the content is actually fun and we are getting something worth wasting our time whacking more roots.
    Go do Mummers' Coalition reives and vote on the Coalition Flag upgrade. This adds Minor Combat Skill Gain Rate and Minor Magic Skill Gain Rate to Ionis. Their Emblem seems to add Treasure Hunter effect to Ionis as well.
    (3)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

I do severely love the idea that a "NM" Reive monster can spawn... Could, upon defeat, give everyone in the battle like, 500exp/Bayld and have a chance/Higher chance to distrobute a Skirmish Piece.

This would add a lot more fun to Baylds, and even a reason for people who don't understand how to maximize their Bayld to kill Enemies
    (3)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    make the reives last shorter, reduce rock/root's HP. Palm tree are ok. In morimar where nobody goes it take 15~20minute (with 1 DD) whacking at a rock to progress through the zone, it is not fun at all.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It's my understanding that killing mobs nets you zero credit for bayld, that you need to hit the root for damage to register. Is this correct or would someone who exclusively killed adds get bayld rewards? I say this because when I did revive I must of killed a ton of adds and never got any reward for it, eventually I just stopped messing around as it was clearly broke.
    was anybody else hiting the roots? (i bet no)

evalution cap is based on total damage dealt to the roots by anybody in reive
    individual evalution is based on what you do and cap at the eva cap.

so if you do 10k on mobs but nobody hit the root you get an eva caped @0
    if there is 100 people hiting the roots(for same dmg), eval cap is maxed but everybody get low reward because they only deal 1% dmg total
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Attacking roots = you're guaranteed to get bayld
    Attacking mobs = you might only get bayld if other people are attacking roots, otherwise you don't get jack

If they want to make people have a reason to go after reive mobs, this is something that needs to get addressed. Because as it stands, there's little to no *tactical* reason to do anything to the mobs other than Sleepga or Ochain tank them because of how quickly they respawn.

The reive unity bonuses thing isn't an incentive, because I've had plenty of reives where the mobs were just slept/Ochained and ignored and only the roots were being attacked, and we were still getting tons of bonuses.
    (2)

While there is no tactical bonus, theres a smart-person bonus.

Having only 3-4 DD Focus on the Roots while others kill Enemies (Sleepga / focus 1 on 1) elongates battles and maximizes overall Bayld for everyone involved, and is far more efficient than zerging the roots. Plus, we already know Colonization is broke cause they're looking to adjust it, so zerging roots for that reason isn't really sound or logical til thats fixed...

Though, I would like to say, I'm adding your idea to the OP, that being, Killing anything in the battlefield should yield Exp/bayld... I didnt get jumped on exp/notes because i was killing Normal-Quadav and not the big baddy >_>
    (3)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd like to know about the balancing issue i'm having on PLD. I get no reward for super tanking while taking zero damage or close to zero because of good damage taken set + phalanx and ochain.

The rating system should take a look at total amount of damage midagated, as well, when determining rewards/xp/bayld. Include shield blocks activated, parries, attacks evaded, and counters proc's also.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    I'd like to know about the balancing issue i'm having on PLD. I get no reward for super tanking while taking zero damage or close to zero because of good damage taken set + phalanx and ochain.

The rating system should take a look at total amount of damage midagated, as well, when determining rewards/xp/bayld. Include shield blocks activated, parries, attacks evaded, and counters proc's also.
    Maybe SE could add reive versions of the campaign weapons? Then you could Glory Slash/Uriel Blade for points, while staying safe in your impervious shieldwall.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    It's entirely too difficult to target the obstacles, they're only target able from certain angles, buried within objectively pointless objects (lol)

Can you make the targets larger or place the attack point above the obstacle instead of (inside).

F8 does -not- target the root/rock, it targets the mobs on the other side...

(attempting) to tab through the 40 people attacking the obstacle is really obnoxious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 04-23-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast