Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Hulkamania
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Doesn't work for me either

Having the same issue, except now I'm stuck in the Mog Garden and can't exit. Hopefully they still have GMs that can warp you... Think I'm going to try that next
    (0)

Player
    You can play w/o buying a month. But in order to get access to SoA content you need to get the 14-days free trail here http://www.ff11europe.com/freetrial/

The return home campain is not stating that cleary as I've thought. I thought download the whole Seekers Version under the provided link and happy gaming then. Ah well having a chitchat with a GM now.

The free trail period is overrun at the moment though. So we need to wait a few days.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Bethor,

That site has been saying that for months, definitely closer to years, I'm pretty sure. The American version actually still lets one to input email and stuff, but I don't know if it works either.

Moreover, I sort of doubt, but can't be certain, that even if it did work, it would not give the correct client, since that trial includes no expansions whatsoever.

I have not been able to test it, yet, but I believe the data available via the current campaign site should be the working installation, and should include access to the expansion areas, including Adōulin, as it says on the tin.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Mordian
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethor View Post
    You can play w/o buying a month. But in order to get access to SoA content you need to get the 14-days free trail here http://www.ff11europe.com/freetrial/

The return home campain is not stating that cleary as I've thought. I thought download the whole Seekers Version under the provided link and happy gaming then. Ah well having a chitchat with a GM now.

The free trail period is overrun at the moment though. So we need to wait a few days.
    14 day trial has no expansions available, not even Zilart. You're severely limited to what you can do, cannot even use AH, or gain exp past level 30.

Please dont post such misinformation.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Upon further thinking about it, and looking into it, it could have been worded better fer sure.

Firstly, as it is, one might imagine that they get to test the game from clean table even, that is, as a new player. The trial does not, however, provide a PlayOnline registration code, and I don't imagine it would work with the trial codes via the old site(s) even if they were still functional.

Even if it was possible to log-in using such an account, one could probably access the original areas only, as per usual.

I certainly got the feeling that it's supposed to give access to Adōulin to at least returning players, who have an account from before, but I'm now guessing that Dsherman is correct in that one needs to have purchased the registration codes for any content they wish to access.
    This would fit in with the “explore the latest changes” notion of the campaign, which it probably is meant to be (in other words, not a free trial in the sense the previous free trials have been, which is for new players without former accounts).

I figured it would have been a nice thing for those who are active but not yet purchased certain expansions, but I guess that might be kind of difficult to set up even.

If nothing else, it provides a download for those who have lost their installation medium in a way or another, which looks like being its main purpose.

With that in mind, it seems like a weird thing to call a free trial, as it could just be a subscription for a couple of weeks, fer free!

I know I could have used a freebie like that, but alas, I've been paying all along! :|
    (0)

Character
    Lexin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    So guess I left before doing the last LB and my choices to do them are DRK and PLD... Now I need to get a seasoning stone and my drk dies too quickly and my PLD takes too long to kill mobs that drop it and it would appear everyone I knew no longer play and highly doubt I can get people to help so I really don't see me retuning now after the 23rd.
    (0)
    Lexin - Pansura
    DoRK - 90
    PLD - 85

I would like "Weapon Bash" renamed "Dragoon Bash" for old time sakes...

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Lexin,

That, I think, should be the least of reasons to not play!

The quest you mention is easier than ever to tackle, and the items required for the Olde Rarab Tail (excluding the Seasoning Stone) can be traded amongst players. Don't give up that easily, I'd say!

As for the “free trial”, I contacted the eMail support for some form of elaboration since we have not had any official comment here yet; it seems to be as I suspected, and I quote:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry for any confusion caused by the free trial version of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition.

The promotion gives access to the full download files to the game for free, whereas previously if installation discs were lost for example a new copy of the game would need to have been purchased.

Unfortunately, if you have not purchased any expansions previously, you would not be able to enter these areas within the game, however you can still download this version of the game.

We once again apologise for any confusion and we will pass on your feedback.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

I do have to mention that they can be speedy with replies there! I've been getting eMails back within minutes it seemed, even though they still apologised for the delay, heh.
    (1)

Character
    Hulkamania
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Lexin,

That, I think, should be the least of reasons to not play!

The quest you mention is easier than ever to tackle, and the items required for the Olde Rarab Tail (excluding the Seasoning Stone) can be traded amongst players. Don't give up that easily, I'd say!

As for the “free trial”, I contacted the eMail support for some form of elaboration since we have not had any official comment here yet; it seems to be as I suspected, and I quote:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry for any confusion caused by the free trial version of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition.

The promotion gives access to the full download files to the game for free, whereas previously if installation discs were lost for example a new copy of the game would need to have been purchased.

Unfortunately, if you have not purchased any expansions previously, you would not be able to enter these areas within the game, however you can still download this version of the game.

We once again apologise for any confusion and we will pass on your feedback.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

I do have to mention that they can be speedy with replies there! I've been getting eMails back within minutes it seemed, even though they still apologised for the delay, heh.
    Funny.... when a GM had to rescue me from the Mog Garden, he told me the opposite of the email you got. I was told we would have access to all areas... Also during a Live chat session, the rep there assured me of the same .... I'm severely displeased at the lack of clarity surrounding this issue and the arbitrary nature of the information being shared. I've sent two requests for email support and haven't gotten one back yet. I did receive a request to respond to a survey, boy are they going to hear it from me in that one...
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hulkamania,

Sadly, I am not surprised to read that.

It's definitely not the first time that there seem to be communication difficulties within the support, developers, et al., and it's no doubt stemming from the several different regions they have divided their services to, which I guess they felt necessary to be able to act across the world.

Or so I imagine.

These are the reasons for which I am hoping that a Community Representative can, and will soon clarify things around here, as they usually have it right, or will correct it later. It's especially unfortunate when these things happen during limited-time campaigns and such, but it is what it is, and I do still appreciate the effort they at least try to put it.
    (0)

Character
    Mordian
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexin
    So guess I left before doing the last LB and my choices to do them are DRK and PLD... Now I need to get a seasoning stone and my drk dies too quickly and my PLD takes too long to kill mobs that drop it and it would appear everyone I knew no longer play and highly doubt I can get people to help so I really don't see me retuning now after the 23rd.
    Lexin, they introduced Trust magic in this update. It's available for everyone, you dont need Seekers of Adoulin. With it you can summon up to three NPCs to fight alongside you. They will match your level. I'm positive you will have absolutely no issues killing the mobs.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast